Spyder Garage

Default Installing a Baja Ron Bar

Is there a video of how to install a Baja Ron Bar on a 2016 F3-S Model?

Spyder Garage

I haven't seen any install videos on this yet but I can state that Ron's instructions are really clear and easy to understand. I have install a bar on both 14 RTS and a 12 RS. Simple and easy! Shoot him an e mail and he will provide you instructions before purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    2014 Black RTS SE6
    2012 Black RS - Sold 7/24/2014
    2011 Sonata LTD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    Really easy. Rons instrutions are enough. If you get stuck, call me. Number below. I've done quite a few of these. The key is getting it high enough. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just did one on my F3L yesterday. Not bad at all. Get it all unbolted at a reasonable height. Then raise it enough to get the old bar out and the new one in. Drop it back down to a safer level and finish bolting everything in.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Just did one on my F3L yesterday. Not bad at all. Get it all unbolted at a reasonable height. Then raise it enough to get the old bar out and the new one in. Drop it back down to a safer level and finish bolting everything in.
    Unless you have a full vehicle lift, this is, by far, the best way to do it!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default How high?

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    How high is reasonable?

Will those drive-on ramps used for changing the oil on my car work? I'd guess they maybe 10 to 12 inches high. I have a floor jack too. I believe I read a comment by CaptBob that 25 inches of ground clearance was required to slide the bar out from the channel.

I'm going to install one of Ron's sway bars on a 2016 F3-T in the next few weeks. I could not find a video for the installation on the F3 either.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    How high is reasonable?

Will those drive-on ramps used for changing the oil on my car work? I'd guess they maybe 10 to 12 inches high. I have a floor jack too. I believe I read a comment by CaptBob that 25 inches of ground clearance was required to slide the bar out from the channel.

I'm going to install one of Ron's sway bars on a 2016 F3-T in the next few weeks. I could not find a video for the installation on the F3 either.
    Just speculating. But I think most have good results with the step-by-step instructions and don't feel the need for a video. Of all the bar kits. The F3 is by far the easiest install of all EXCEPT for getting the Spyder high enough. You need 24" of vertical clearance from the frame. The frame is about 5" off the ground to start with so you're looking at about 20" of actual lift. If you jack the Spyder at an angle you get more bang for your lift buck because the bar comes out and goes in vertically to the frame.

Car ramps won't even get you close to the 18" to 20" you'll need. Most use a floor jack with jack stands. Jack it up as much as possible, put the jack stands under the front A-Arms, lower the jack and crib it (put 2x4's, 4x4's or other stable items on the jack) and lift again. Some use 2 rams on a PU-Truck tailgate to get the front up. One guy pulled his Spyder over a man hole and another used his basement staircase in his garage floor. If you have one of these or a lift you don't even need to raise the Spyder off of the wheels. There are a number of ways to skin this cat.

It usually sounds a lot more difficult than it actually is. Good Luck!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 04-09-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...