Spyder Garage

Default Where have you put your EZ Pass?

Has anyone mounted an EZPass box on their Spyder RT. If so, where is the best spot. Or do you just carry it in your glove box and use it in your hand when going through booth.

Thanks for any input, and excuse if my signature isn't working properly. New to the Spyderlovers page and still haven't figured everything out yet.

Mike
    Don't count the days ... Make the days count!
    Together, We CAN make a difference

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jmiklg View Post
    Has anyone mounted an EZPass box on their Spyder RT. If so, where is the best spot. Or do you just carry it in your glove box and use it in your hand when going through booth.

Thanks for any input, and excuse if my signature isn't working properly. New to the Spyderlovers page and still haven't figured everything out yet.

Mike
    WP_000088.jpg Inside the frunk lid, although I might have to rethink that with the new toll readers being put in around here. But so far, this has worked great for me.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Inside trunk lid

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    WP_000088.jpg Inside the frunk lid, although I might have to rethink that with the new toll readers being put in around here. But so far, this has worked great for me.
    Is that inside the trunk lid on front of bike? Does it read it through the lid, I thought it had to be visible.
    Don't count the days ... Make the days count!
    Together, We CAN make a difference

Spyder Garage

I had mine below the hinge in the frunk on my 2011. Just traded to a 2016 and was planning on the same location.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

I thought I had posted this somewhere but I can't find it. I mounted my SunPass in the rear trunk lid. I took the RFID board out of the plastic and put it in with thin double side tape. Been working flawlessly for over a year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

Default High Fashion

I like to make a fashion statement with mine and wear it around my neck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    I like to make a fashion statement with mine and wear it around my neck.
    and I thought I was the only rider who does that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I carry mine in the glove box. Been working fine for six years and two spyders.

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post
    I thought I had posted this somewhere but I can't find it. I mounted my SunPass in the rear trunk lid. I took the RFID board out of the plastic and put it in with thin double side tape. Been working flawlessly for over a year.
    In New York State and everywhere EZ-Pass is accepted it is illegal to "tamper, modify or alter" an EZ-Pass device. They are also considered loaned to and not owned by the holder of the account. My thoughts

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jmiklg View Post
    Is that inside the trunk lid on front of bike? Does it read it through the lid, I thought it had to be visible.
    Yes, it is inside the frunk lid at the front of my RT. It doesn't really have to be visible, but as I said earlier, with the new toll readers going in (think Tappan Zee Bridge) I may have to move it. I've been thinking of getting a Hopnel pouch for the dashboard and putting it in there.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Have mine velcroed to the inside of the trunk. Roll through the tolls at over 50 mph and never missed yet.
    2019 F3T , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tucked mine up into the nose of the bike: underneath the Frunk cover!
    (There's a document pouch up there, and my E-Z Pass box sits right behind it.)

E-Z Pass 004.jpgE-Z Pass 003.jpg
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-11-2017 at 06:35 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The direct bridges on IN I-65 South over the Ohio River into KY. are now license plate photo toll bridges. Bought an EZ pass transponder. Plan to put it in my dash mounted Hopnel bag.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It has been a long time since I got my EZ Pass, many years, so I don't know the new rules.

When they first came out you were required to have one per vehicle, as in you could not move from your car to your truck or MC, is thisstill the case?

I ask because I know that there is a lot of that going on now.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

I also mount mine in the front trunk with Velcro. They don't have to be visible and use a different technology than a typical RFID chip.
    Last edited by Firefly; 04-17-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default EZ Pass

Around the neck also

Spyder Garage

A search of "EZ-Pass" comes up with two pages of threads. The search tool can be your friend.
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Yes, it is inside the frunk lid at the front of my RT. It doesn't really have to be visible, but as I said earlier, with the new toll readers going in (think Tappan Zee Bridge) I may have to move it. I've been thinking of getting a Hopnel pouch for the dashboard and putting it in there.
    I've got mine in exactly the same spot.
    I have trouble at the Newburgh-Beacon bridge and the Bear Mountain Bridge. Everywhere else is fine.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't even mess with a transponder on any of my bikes anymore. As long as the bike and plate are registered on your account with EZPass it's a non-issue. Just roll right through...