Spyder Garage

Default Sway Bar Difference

I am totally impressed with the change in the handling with the New Sway Bar. I would have never thought something so easy to do would make that much difference.
    Now it's front tires but will wait till I get back form Shasta, CA with the new Russel Seat next month.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Try this....

If you haven't already...after the front tires get a laser alignment and you will see a noticeable change as well...it is interesting how much the bar can change handling especially for the energetic ryder....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    If you haven't already...after the front tires get a laser alignment and you will see a noticeable change as well...it is interesting how much the bar can change handling especially for the energetic ryder....
    I have been looking at doing a laser alignment but the closest alignment with the Laser is 300 miles away and I would not check the alignment a ruler. the next one is 650 miles away.
    Squared Away will be in my area BUT I will be on my yearly ride during their time up here.

Spyder Garage

Default Sway bar

I'd give Joe or Ann a call to get their schedule for the next 3 months and meet with them
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Large1 View Post
    I have been looking at doing a laser alignment but the closest alignment with the Laser is 300 miles away and I would not check the alignment a ruler. the next one is 650 miles away.
    Squared Away will be in my area BUT I will be on my yearly ride during their time up here.
    Will your ride take you close to some else that does the laser alignments? It would be worth the few hours to have it done if you could synchronize schedules with someone.
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    Will your ride take you close to some else that does the laser alignments? It would be worth the few hours to have it done if you could synchronize schedules with someone.
    Going to be in MO in June so will try to make it to Lamonsters if he does Laser alignments but need to figure out the dates so I can call and get on the book
    Last edited by Large1; 03-10-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    Going to be in MO in June so will try to make it to Pit Bull but need to figure out the dates so I can call and get on the book

Spyder Garage

Default June

Most folks will be in Valcourt, for the 10th anniversary event the first week of June. We will, Lamont will, most folks will be there. Join us! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Large1 View Post
    Going to be in MO in June so will try to make it to Lamonsters if he does Laser alignments but need to figure out the dates so I can call and get on the book
    Reno's Powersports in Kansas City, MO does laser alignments if you are in the area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Most folks will be in Valcourt, for the 10th anniversary event the first week of June. We will, Lamont will, most folks will be there. Join us! Joe
    When I planed this years ride I was planing on riding the Goldwing but things changed (wifes back problem), Now I have the RT bought it in Dec and found this place that is when I learned about Valcourt tried to figure a way out of the planed ride but sense it includes family and taking my sisters ashes back to Neb just couldn't get out of it, So while you guys are up in Valcourt I will be doing what I have to do then it will be off to the Blues Highway and south to the Gulf,
    You guys have a good time up there maybe next year I can attend something with all of you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kngfsh27 View Post
    Reno's Powersports in Kansas City, MO does laser alignments if you are in the area.
    Joe thanks for the heads up on this I will give them a call as I will be real close to KC Mo on the trip.

Spyder Garage

Default Tax Time!!!!

Just waiting on tax refund to get here.....Ordering that BajaRon swaybar is priority #1 for those Ozark Twisties.....Around 2 more weeks it should hit da bank!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    I'd give Joe or Ann a call to get their schedule for the next 3 months and meet with them
    I did exactly as you said, Ride planed Boise to RDL new seat ( 4 April ) Ride to LV alignment ( 6 April ) Ride Home a Happy Camper

Spyder Garage

IMO, the biggest handling improvement came from installing non-OEM tires (Kumho's), less from a new sway bar. I was quite flabbergasted by how well the bike now rides with new tires. In fact, my recommendation to a new Spyder owner is to replace the tires immediately -- don't even bother waiting for then to wear down.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The Kumho tires were did get them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I got them from TireRack.com. Don't mention that you're buying them for a Spyder -- they won't sell them to you. IIRC, when ordering, you check a box that says these are replacements for tires you already have on your car. Some sort of liability issue; check the numerous tire threads around here.

Spyder Garage

I just put the BajaRon sway bar on last night. Not too bad at all to install. Took me about 90 minutes or so. Put car ramps up on some 4 x 6's to get some additional height. I was still a couple inches too low so I just jacked it up higher on one side to get the old one out, slide the new one in and then lowered it back on the car ramps for the stability.

Weather was decent enough today to take it out for a spin. Some pretty good wind gusts today but it did feel more stable in the wind and through the curves during my test ride.

Pretty happy I pulled the trigger on it. Road it a year and about 3500 miles stock so it will be nice to see how it feel on longer rides.

Thanks for all the tips out there!

Spyder Garage

Default My Take on the Baja Ron Bar.....

Well, I did what I said and put one on....No more than an Hr job once I somewhat cleverly figured out how to get it far enough into the air...

I like the way it fit, LOVE the way those links are made, and like the extra stiffness...

On the plus side, I can definitely take the curves faster.....Basically it just stays planted in the curves better.....Took a 90 degree paved turn at 30 mph that I wouldn't have dared try at 30 before knowing it's previous limitations.....Hit the apex and it stayed planted perfectly....This I love!!!!! I can see us keeping up with the 2 wheel pack a tad better now. A plus that will outweigh any possible minuses....

On the minus side, It is stiffer and hitting uneven terrain it will toss you side to side a bit more, especially in my pot holed driveway....It also takes some effort to force the steering into those turns when you hit them harder than before....I can see it wearing you out if you love twisties like I do and spend a few days pushing it in them.....

Overall, this is definitely a modification worth it's weight in gold......Big thanks to the developer of this product!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I must be one of the lone hold outs who haven't gotten the heavier sway bar. Still have the OEM tires on the front, at least for another couple of weeks, and I still feel pretty comfortable busting it in the turns. I just don't see the need for it when good cornering technique will keep me flying, and I assume it will only get better when I have car tires up front.