Spyder Garage

Default Sena-so many models - best value ?

Would like to pick up a dual set for my wife and I. Keeping the price in mind, the big difference between 5 and 10 and 20 ? I believe the smh10 is a good value but there are different 10 models. Can someone sum up the difference ? Keep in mind it would be nice to answer my iPhone with the headset. Thanks for all that reply

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    Would like to pick up a dual set for my wife and I. Keeping the price in mind, the big difference between 5 and 10 and 20 ? I believe the smh10 is a good value but there are different 10 models. Can someone sum up the difference ? Keep in mind it would be nice to answer my iPhone with the headset. Thanks for all that reply
    Sounds like you should give Motorcycle Dave (a sponsor) a call. He is your man with the answers you seek.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have the SENA SMH-10 model and really like it. I can make or receive calls from my iPhone, listen to music or SiriusXM radio, and get turn by turn directions thru Google maps.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    I have also been looking for a good comm set and have been looking at the Scala Q1. It is very confusing with all the different options. Is anyone using the Scala Q1 teamset and if so how do you like it?

Thanks
    NEW 2016 RT-S Special Series Triple Black - ready for new toys to add
    OLD 2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metalic CB-Navigation-XM, Sway bar, Ultimate Tallboy

Spyder Garage

Default Sena S20

Triker biker has 3 new S20 dual Pak for sale in for sale section. Great price for them.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

The wife and I use the Q1 set . We like , for music coms, and call to my phone. Good value I think.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The differences are range, features and battery life. We started with Sena 10's and now we have 20's. As the money goes up so do the features. We ride separate bikes so range bike to bike is an issue so we got the better units. You can compare the units on Revzilla. By all means call Motorcycle Dave for a great price.https://www.revzilla.com/sena-bluetooth-communications http://www.motorcycledave.com/sena-headsets/
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The SMH-10 is what we started with it is a good solid unit.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Comm units

I am presently using a sena 20 and we like them . J&M also makes a pretty nice unit just to heat up the market look and please tell us what one you choose.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We started with smh10 and very pleased. I then bought myself the 10c because I wanted the camera feature and my wife still has the smh10. We can talk to each other, receive or make phone call hands free (voice activated) which works great. Very simple to use, controls well thought out, in my opinion smh10 is best value for the bucks, can't go wrong.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Does any of the Sena 10's have FM? I don't have Bluetooth and would like to listen to the radio without spending an extra $200 to add Bluetooth.
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Works Great

Quote Originally Posted by cmar157 View Post
    I have also been looking for a good comm set and have been looking at the Scala Q1. It is very confusing with all the different options. Is anyone using the Scala Q1 teamset and if so how do you like it?

Thanks
    This unit works great if you are only using it to communicate with your passenger, and want to stream music or your GPS. We sold ours and went with the Sena 20s (thanks Motorcycle Dave) when we bought our second Spyder as we could no longer communicate bike to bike!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.