Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mel.terry View Post
    Good comments and concerns so far. I am ordering one, and unless I hear some definite comments from prior users, I am going to try it. If the nose clearance proves a concern, I will drop the hitch height down some. These are shown at www.motorcycle-rack.com model DRT WT500. When I get it I will post my comments on what I have found. The price seems attractive at $360 plus $80 for shipping.
    I think you may not get any responses from actual users because there probably aren't many !!!!! ………. and for the reasons stated …… Towing the RT in the reverse position is foolhardy at best ……… not only are you likely to damage the Windshield itself …… The EASILY over-stressed Windshield ARM might also BREAK or at the least be seriously compromised...………… good luck ………. Mike

Spyder Garage

I'll have to join the "Don't Do It" dogpile. I can see the same issues as have already been posted.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Spyder Garage

The windshield can be removed to solve that problem. In my opinion, the biggest problem is that the alignment of the wheels becomes reversed when you tow backwards and this would make the spyder unstable at higher speeds. Any toe-in becomes toe out, trailing caster becomes leading. Not conducive to stability in my mind.
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Just so we don't all waste our computer penmanship. This is an old thread posted two years ago and people are still replying??

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I knew but I think we are all looking for an inexpensive way to tow our spyders and it is still the am and I have some energy to burn. Have a great day
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I surely hope you prove all of the naysayers wrong!!
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

It's going to be interesting hearing your take on the towing system?? I sure hope it works fine for you and you can prove all of the negative naysayers wrong!! Keep us tuned in. tks
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

That's not how we got to the moon...by opinion. Trial and tribulation. I will like to reach out to the distributor who sells a lot of tow equipment and see how many were sold and maybe a way of contacting them and get an actual account. My concern is the windshield pulling away from the reverse wind and maybe the tires running backwards at high speeds for a while. They say do not criss cross radial tires because it causes them to run backwards and can cause tread failure. But I sure will like to hear from the horses mouth.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The OP never has come back to tell us what he did and what the result was.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!
    In this case it might be more like: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him THINK.
    2014 RT-S , Orange