Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Clutch updated to vacuum assist.....

Well, I did it this weekend... installed the F3 upgrade clutch 'kit' to get the vacuum assist.
    I have the installation instructions from BRP in a PDF format... going to doctor them up a little and then will share with anyone who wants them.
    It's a simple install, but also a pain in the ass. Getting the hose that runs from the clutch cover to the intake snorkel off the intake was a royal pain.... and I ended up breaking the 'nipple' off.

I've got some pics I'll share when I get some time. Instead of trying to epoxy the 'nipple' back on I decided to plug the hole and then just drill a new one into the snorkel. I then used a 1/4" threaded to barbed PVC fitting and epoxied it to the snorkel. At least I think it was 1/4"...it was small for sure. This gave it better stability since the threaded part went inside of the snorkel. The hose went on the barbed side just fine.
    The hoses are barely long enough to reach to the other side where they have you put the solenoid, which I ended up zip tying instead of mounting with screws.. it's just too damn tight to do much work in there!

One thing the instructions leave out is which way to have the arrow on the check valve point. It should point TOWARDS the air intake (away from the solenoid).

Anyhow.. it works like a charm and my carpal tunnel will be happier now!

While I had it apart I also put in Lamont's LED headlight bulbs and his LED foglight kit. Both were super simple installs and well made products.

If anyone wants a copy of the PDF install for the clutch, send me a PM with your email and I'll forward it over. I'll also try and see how to post a PDF out here.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations. ...🎉🎊🎖

Got the clutch assist and the lights done even with the snorkle mishap... should help for sure....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Sweet

Very cool! Nice job.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That has GOT to make your hand feel better. Congrats!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But now that you've got that big arm: what are you going to do with it?

forearm.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

But now that you've got that big arm: what are you going to do with it?

forearm.jpg
    Don't go there Bob
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Part number

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Well, I did it this weekend... installed the F3 upgrade clutch 'kit' to get the vacuum assist.
    I have the installation instructions from BRP in a PDF format... going to doctor them up a little and then will share with anyone who wants them.
    It's a simple install, but also a pain in the ass. Getting the hose that runs from the clutch cover to the intake snorkel off the intake was a royal pain.... and I ended up breaking the 'nipple' off.

I've got some pics I'll share when I get some time. Instead of trying to epoxy the 'nipple' back on I decided to plug the hole and then just drill a new one into the snorkel. I then used a 1/4" threaded to barbed PVC fitting and epoxied it to the snorkel. At least I think it was 1/4"...it was small for sure. This gave it better stability since the threaded part went inside of the snorkel. The hose went on the barbed side just fine.
    The hoses are barely long enough to reach to the other side where they have you put the solenoid, which I ended up zip tying instead of mounting with screws.. it's just too damn tight to do much work in there!

One thing the instructions leave out is which way to have the arrow on the check valve point. It should point TOWARDS the air intake (away from the solenoid).

Anyhow.. it works like a charm and my carpal tunnel will be happier now!

While I had it apart I also put in Lamont's LED headlight bulbs and his LED foglight kit. Both were super simple installs and well made products.

If anyone wants a copy of the PDF install for the clutch, send me a PM with your email and I'll forward it over. I'll also try and see how to post a PDF out here.
    Do you have the part number for the kit to get the vacuum assist? I was just at my dealer and they couldn't find it. Never mind, I found the pdf file that was posted. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by CA Railwhale; 03-31-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default costs

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post
    Do you have the part number for the kit to get the vacuum assist? I was just at my dealer and they couldn't find it. Never mind, I found the pdf file that was posted. Sorry about that.
    The parts for the vacuum assist are in, parts cost is $170.00 and the dealer estimates a hour and a half labor for the installation. Total about $340.00 and it looks to be well worth it since I now have clutch elbow and the doctor won't allow me to ride the bike.

Spyder Garage

Default installation complete

The dealer installed the vacuum assist today. It's an immense improvement. The funny thing is that they couldn't find the service bulletin and when they called BRP they were first told it woldn't work on a F3, then they got a call back from someone else who got them the documentation.

Spyder Garage

I would appreciate very much if you could send me a copy of the F3 clutch assist system instructions. Thanks
    Randy Stuart
    Rfstuart@cox.net