Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default It's what we did...

Quote Originally Posted by Spin View Post
    Really great info here!! We decided we are going to get one!

Still working out the numbers with the dealer, though. He suggested a warranty, 5 years for $1500. I guess it really is 3 years on top of the 2 you get with a new machine. What do you guys think about that?
    Thats what we did, factory warranty for 2years and separate extended warranty for 3more..

According to our dealer the extended warranty isn't near as persnickety as the BRP warranty was and your aftermarket add pn's won't void any part of that warranty like BRP could...And supposedly they are good at paying the dealer to fix just about everything...

I have yet to use the extended warranty but likely will, at that point I will see if the dealer was just blowing smoke up my butt to sell me something....Mine was $1600.000....

Spyder Garage

If I was looking at an RT I would put the one for sale in NH as my first choice. Lots of extra farkels for a super price..." For Sale- a like new 2014 RT-S SE6 - 8600 miles" that is your search item on this site. Good hunting!!

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Extended....

Quote Originally Posted by DC1 View Post
    Thats what we did, factory warranty for 2years and separate extended warranty for 3more..

According to our dealer the extended warranty isn't near as persnickety as the BRP warranty was and your aftermarket add pn's won't void any part of that warranty like BRP could...And supposedly they are good at paying the dealer to fix just about everything...

I have yet to use the extended warranty but likely will, at that point I will see if the dealer was just blowing smoke up my butt to sell me something....Mine was $1600.000....
    Are you talking about the BEST warranty or is this some other extended warranty that is available?
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLaoyster View Post
    Are you talking about the BEST warranty or is this some other extended warranty that is available?
    I don't know but I will find out tomorrow.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WARRANTY

A - B.E.S.T. WARRANTY ...5 yrs for $1500 is a real RIP-OFF ..... they are taking you to the CLEANERS .... BRP is giving you at least 2 maybe 3 years for ....FREE .... ( I got 3 yrs for free ) which means the STEALER is charging you $1500.00 for 2 maybe three years ADDED warranty......... You can get this at most dealers for about $ 650 to $ 800..... I'm NOT - BSing you on this .....the STEALER is guessing you are clueless about how this works..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    A - B.E.S.T. WARRANTY ...5 yrs for $1500 is a real RIP-OFF ..... they are taking you to the CLEANERS .... BRP is giving you at least 2 maybe 3 years for ....FREE .... ( I got 3 yrs for free ) which means the STEALER is charging you $1500.00 for 2 maybe three years ADDED warranty......... You can get this at most dealers for about $ 650 to $ 800..... I'm NOT - BSing you on this .....the STEALER is guessing you are clueless about how this works..... Mike
    Thanks Mike, I kinda thought this was high. I got this dealer down to 21,000 for this machine. I can get one from Lou's in Greenville, Texas for 19,500 but I have to get it shipped. I'm going to offer this guy 20,500. What do you guys think?

Spyder Garage

Default BEST doesn't ring a bell.....

It's not B.E.S.T.(best I can remember).......Not sure the name but it is a 3 year warranty that started when the factory warranty ran out, no deductable, and all major components are supposed to be covered...I can't remember it's name....Premier or something like that.....Paperwork is buried somewhere in my office.....But it was $1600 for 3 years....Reason I got it was they said it covered everything.....It's on file at my dealer also...

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike, I kinda thought this was high. I got this dealer down to 21,000 for this machine. I can get one from Lou's in Greenville, Texas for 19,500 but I have to get it shipped. I'm going to offer this guy 20,500. What do you guys think?

Wouldn't hurt to shop around a little more..Got our RT SM6 for $17,900 brand spanking new.....Hattiesburg cycles knocked $4000+ straight off the top to get rid of the previous model year and make room for the new ones...

I'd Contact Hattiesburg Cycles (Hattiesburg,Ms.) and see what they can do......

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default B.E.S.T.

I got the BEST when I bought mine & paid around $600 for it. Would like to know if there are other warranties available.

Has anyone purchased another warranty after their BEST ran out? If you have, from who & how much???
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Wouldn't hurt to shop around a little more..Got our RT SM6 for $17,900 brand spanking new.....Hattiesburg cycles knocked $4000+ straight off the top to get rid of the previous model year and make room for the new ones...

I'd Contact Hattiesburg Cycles (Hattiesburg,Ms.) and see what they can do......
    I'll call them tomorrow, thanks!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default $ 21,000 FOR .....THIS MACHINE ?????

We can't help without more info !!! ...... Have you looked at what " IMotorsports " has ( THEY SHIP TO YOU - FOR FREE ) and they are a sponsor here ( see home page ) and quite a few folks here have gotten great deals from them and were Happy campers ................ Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    We can't help without more info !!! ...... Have you looked at what " IMotorsports " has ( THEY SHIP TO YOU - FOR FREE ) and they are a sponsor here ( see home page ) and quite a few folks here have gotten great deals from them and were Happy campers ................ Mike
    Thanks Mike, looks like I'll be spending the day on the telephone!! We have 4 dealers here on LI and I would much rather ride it home than have it shipped. IMotorsports has it for 21,000 with free shipping. Lou's in Greenville Tx has it for 19,500 but I have to pay to ship.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When I got our 2016 F3L last month I got the 3 year BEST warranty for $1000 from the dealer but you can shop around after you get the RT and get a better deal.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default warranty

I was quoted $731.00 for a 2 year extension if purchased before the factory warranty runs out, which is July of this year. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but may, depending on how much trouble I have on the 2015 RT S I purchase privately. So far so good. Dealer told me they really don't have much trouble with the 2015 RT S.

I got the BEST when I bought mine & paid around $600 for it. Would like to know if there are other warranties available.

Has anyone purchased another warranty after their BEST ran out? If you have, from who & how much???
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

Spyder Garage

Default Buy Used

My advise would be to buy a low mileage used 15-16 RTS or RT Limited. Most people will add a lot of features that will not find on a stock bike that would cost thousands if you bought new and wanted to add them later.

Money is important but the features on the higher end units provide a much nicer riding experience. You may wish you spent more to get more. Motorcycles unlike cars are better cared for and most riders I know are religious about oil changes and scheduled maintenance.

Just my 2c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldrider60 View Post
    My advise would be to buy a low mileage used 15-16 RTS or RT Limited. Most people will add a lot of features that will not find on a stock bike that would cost thousands if you bought new and wanted to add them later.

Money is important but the features on the higher end units provide a much nicer riding experience. You may wish you spent more to get more. Motorcycles unlike cars are better cared for and most riders I know are religious about oil changes and scheduled maintenance.

Just my 2c
    Thanks for your input. Most of the time I purchase new vehicles but I have purchased pre owned when I have found an exceptional deal. Yesterday I found a new RT SE6 locally for 20,300. Most used Limited RTs with low mileage I have found are at that price point or higher. Also, many have upgrades or features that I would not do, and part of the fun for me is doing the mods myself. To me, it is like getting a blank canvas, and painting the picture you want. Also, I'm not a bling guy. I mostly only do functional upgrades.

Thanks again to everyone for the comments on this thread!! You guys (and gals) have been very helpful and it is appreciated!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Pulled the trigger!!!

I now own a 2016 RT SE6!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Now I'm thinking about mods. First thing I will probably do is the sway bar. Next is a laser alignment. Can anyone recommend a place on LI to get the alignment done?

Spyder Garage

Speaking of blank canvas... let the Picasso within you begin...
    congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Buy Used

I would looked for a low mileage 2014 or newer used bike. Most Spyder riders I have met are

1. Over 55
    2. Add a lot of stuff to there bikes that would cost you hundreds of dollars to add on a new bike. And you will add stuff.
    3. Have money in the bank
    4. Take extremely good care of their bikes.

Most owners take a loss on the sale of their bike, but this is not a house flip you buy to ride you cannot control the market environment. I just mention because you will spend
    thousands less if you buy used.

Spyder Garage

Thanks oldrider60. I purchased a leftover 16 RT SE6. I'm looking forward to picking it up next week. I did consider some used machines I found but all were eliminated from consideration for one reason or another. I'm still looking for a recommendation for a place to have a laser alignment done here on LI. If anyone could share their experience with that I would appreciate it.

Spyder Garage

on your new purchase!

Let the smiles, miles, farkling begin!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'll post pictures next week when I pick it up!!

Spyder Garage

Default I Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This is how it starts...
    Back in 2010; I bought an RT Audio and convenience model. It was sort of a step up from the base RT (Which was REALLY basic back then...)

But then... I discovered farkling!
    And the bike looked like this!

I ended up turning into a full-blown RT-S... and THEN SOME!
    But it would have been a whole lot cheaper to just have bought the RT-S in the first place...

Just sayin'...
    I'm just about to pull the trigger on an RT loaded.... they have 2016's for 24k near me... I am excited! now the colors hmmmmmm....