Spyder Garage

Default 2016 F3-S (special) vs 2017 F3-S

Good afternoon! I'm planning to buy an F3 this spring, and just got home from our local dealer. I'm looking for opinions on buying a 2016 VS buying the 2017 model years. The 2016 price was approx 22,500 + tax that incl a 2,000 rebate. The 2017 price was approx 24,000 but had no offered rebate at this time. Is there any noticeable differences between the model years that would be a deal changer? I'm buying the all black model, and will be looking into installing a hand brake as I'm a disabled rider (paralyzed from waist down). Would love to hear from anyone, esp those currently riding either model years. As always, I appreciate any responses in advance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mjrcpd View Post
    Good afternoon! I'm planning to buy an F3 this spring, and just got home from our local dealer. I'm looking for opinions on buying a 2016 VS buying the 2017 model years. The 2016 price was approx 22,500 + tax that incl a 2,000 rebate. The 2017 price was approx 24,000 but had no offered rebate at this time. Is there any noticeable differences between the model years that would be a deal changer? I'm buying the all black model, and will be looking into installing a hand brake as I'm a disabled rider (paralyzed from waist down). Would love to hear from anyone, esp those currently riding either model years. As always, I appreciate any responses in advance.
    As far as I know, the difference between the two models is that the:

1) Front shocks on the Triple Black F3-S have the "Fox Shocks" while the Daytona 500 has the "SACHS Shocks" We all know that the shocks are not great. That is why I am going to replace after I used the crap out of my Spyder. I have the Triple Black F3-S.

2) Daytona 500 has the mono seat cowl, and the Triple Black has the urban seat cowl. You need to ask for this, because it does come with it. I didn't asked mine, and the dealer sucked at my area.

3) Daytona 500 has the sport guage and the drag bar.

I think the shocks made a difference in those bikes. Also, you do have room to negotiate with the triple black 2016 model versus the Daytona 500. I did a lot of comparison on these bikes. In addition, the 2016 does not have the S Mode vs the 2017 it does have the S Mode.

All in all they are both good bikes. You just need to figure what you like best, and if you can negotiate the dealer. Good luck on it. You won't regret buying one of these spyders. If you need help on your Spyder than go to this Spyder forums. Because these Spyders owners are awesome for information and guidance!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The 2017 F3S and Daytona have a Sport Mode available.
    We like to refer to it as a "Hooligan Mode"
    It gives you more chances to spin the rear tire...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default triple black cowl?????!

USSOLDIER: this is part of ur previous statement:::aytona 500 has the mono seat cowl, and the Triple Black has the urban seat cowl. You need to ask for this, because it does come with it. I didn't asked mine, and the dealer sucked at my area.

(SO UR SAYIN I SHOULDA GOT A COWL ALSO WITH MY TRIPLE BLACK ?????
    )
    '15 F3S SE6 Pearly White (Hers)
    '16 F3S SE6 Special Series Triple Black (His)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyDerSts View Post
    R SAYIN I SHOULDA GOT A COWL ALSO WITH MY TRIPLE BLACK ?????)
    No,the triple black did not come with the cowl. When it was first shown it had the cowl on but it was always an optional extra.

The Daytona is the only one supplied with the cowl, but you're not getting it for free as it costs more in the first place.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Default F3"S

Well, while you are out shopping, take a look at the 2017 F3 Limited. They
    are loaded and expensive but beautiful in my opinion. I had planned on buying
    a 2016 RT Limited until my dealer rolled out the 2017 F3 Limited. Got to save
    some more nickels and dimes first.

Dray

Spyder Garage

i too love the limited, however, having to devise a way to bring along my wheelchair, the absence of the saddle bags (F3-S) gives me more options. I originally was planning to buy that model, but recently changed my mind.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyDerSts View Post

USSOLDIER: this is part of ur previous statement:::aytona 500 has the mono seat cowl, and the Triple Black has the urban seat cowl. You need to ask for this, because it does come with it. I didn't asked mine, and the dealer sucked at my area.

(SO UR SAYIN I SHOULDA GOT A COWL ALSO WITH MY TRIPLE BLACK ?????
    )
    Yes, that is correct. I wasn't thinking when I negotiated my Spyder. And, I was excited that I forgot to get the urban rack as requested. But, I think somebody in this thread stated, "It is an option." When I looked at the BRP site for Can-am Spyder it stated,"Urban rack - offered as an accessory" So, one person can see it as was supposed to be provided. While another person can view it as you have to purchase it. I am not sure, I am not a dealer. But, I am just a customer that would like to get it's money worth just like everyone else on this site that BRP should provide us a Belt tensor...lol
    Last edited by ussoldier; 03-05-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

If your shopping for price IMHO not enough difference to make a difference. Cosmetic for the most (which you can add later if you want it) and the oportunity to burn up your tire faster and tail slap something just doesen't justify the price. But then I'm old and did all that....What's it worth to you... test rydes always do the trick....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    If your shopping for price IMHO not enough difference to make a difference. Cosmetic for the most (which you can add later if you want it) and the oportunity to burn up your tire faster and tail slap something just doesen't justify the price. But then I'm old and did all that....What's it worth to you... test rydes always do the trick....

Id love to test ride, however, needing a hand brake to stop, unfortunately it's not a possibility. Being paralyzed from the waist down, I'll have to wait to ride whatever model I choose. Big bummer, but same goes for every vehicle I've purchased post injury.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I agree. I test rode my 16 f3s special and only that bike. I ended up buying it but wished I test rode the others for clarity. I am lucky in that I'm slowly falling in love my .