Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    I was looking at iMotorsports website at their used inventory and they have several 2013 ST & STS for sale. They have the SM5 & SE5. Might be worthwhile to check it out. They also have free shipping on bikes over $5000.00. They are a sponsor here on Spyderlovers.
    Just make sure th that all of the heat attenuation protocols have been completed on them...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 ST...When first purchased it had the old style panels and it did get very warm...Can am never made a true recall but if you asked they would install the 2014 side panels no cost to you ! I had them installed and it made a very big difference, now runs alot cooler ! Just pull up pics of the 2014 & 2013 STs you will see the difference ! Make sure if you end up with a 2013 the panels are installed ...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shawleyj View Post
    I'm looking at purchasing my first Spyder... I can't decide between the RSS and the ST. I plan on using it mainly for driving between home and work 4-5 days a week. The ride to work is about 45 miles of nice country back roads each way. My wife might ride with me once in a while and my son will also want to ride along some days. He is a little gear head . What i have been finding online is a $3,000-$4,000 difference in price. Any feedback or suggestions would be great. I have been looking at the 2012 - 2014 models. I don't have the cash for a new F3 so that is not even an option

Thanks everyone! This forum ROCKS!
    We have both models, and I like both. The RS-S is great for play, I can feel the difference in the performance. I thoroughly enjoy flogging this roadster. I like the ST-S for riding back and forth to work. We have luggage on it, and it has heated grips. That makes it much easier to carry my bag and my lunch to work. The heated grips are great when the temperature is warm on my way in to work, and cold on the way home. If you are using it to go back and forth to work I recommend the ST.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Chad,
    Have you had many chances to ride the F-3?
    How does it compare?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Great "problem" to have!

First of all, welcome to the forum! Secondly, you cannot go wrong with, and will not be disappointed by either model. As suggested, a test drive will help more than any of our slightly biased opinions
    I enjoyed the sporty ride position of my RSS on shorter rides and around town for a long time. As the rides got longer, I decided a more upright position would be helpful. I installed risers and a better seat (RDL) and love the ride! The risers are still adjustable, so a slight forward lean is still possible when preferred, but a more upright position WILL require a different seat than OEM. My point is, for MUCH less than $3-5 K, you might find a low miles RSS that has risers and a seat and be perfectly happy for a little less. Bottom line, the test drive will answer your questions best. Good luck! You'll be posting here soon as to your decision and your satisfaction...Spyders are really cool!

Dan

Spyder Garage

Default For me an easy choice

I’m a very “senior” rider. I purchased a CanAm last year after my kids said I should sell my V star 1100. I tried out both the RSS and the ST. I found the RSS very cramping after a 1 hour test ride. Then I tried the ST and found it very comfortable. Bought a 13 ST Limited. I put on 14,000 miles here in New England last year. Have been riding this fall and winter also. Not today though. 18” blizzard out there now. I added an Infinity seat and backrest. Also a California Scientific windshield. The CanAm stock and larger size allowed too much wind noise.
    Happy to have you join the group here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbz View Post
    I’m a very “senior” rider. I purchased a CanAm last year after my kids said I should sell my V star 1100. I tried out both the RSS and the ST. I found the RSS very cramping after a 1 hour test ride. Then I tried the ST and found it very comfortable. Bought a 13 ST Limited. I put on 14,000 miles here in New England last year. Have been riding this fall and winter also. Not today though. 18” blizzard out there now. I added an Infinity seat and backrest. Also a California Scientific windshield. The CanAm stock and larger size allowed too much wind noise.
    Happy to have you join the group here.
    and on your

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red