Spyder Garage

Default Madstad windshield.

Today I replaced the stock windshield on my 2017 F3-L and can't wait to try it out. The F3 does have a lot more wind turbulence than our 2015 RT-S did.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2017 Can Am Spyder F3-Limited

Lamonster front fender LED light kit, Madstad adjustable windshield, Lidlox Helmet Lock, Techmount phone mount

Previous 2015 Can Am Spyder RT-SE6

Bajaron Sway Bar w/links, Rivco Dual trunk mounted flag poles, Custom Dynamics Long Amber Brightsides, Custom Dynamics Long Red Brightsides, Custom Dynamics LED RT HMT Brake Light w/Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher, Techmount phone mount

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jephillips44 View Post
    Today I replaced the stock windshield on my 2017 F3-L and can't wait to try it out. The F3 does have a lot more wind turbulence than our 2015 RT-S did.

I had the MADSTAD on my F3s and returned it because it was simply too small. They have EXCELLENT customer service so your purchase is worry free. Its well made and yes VERY adjustable so it might work for you. My thoughts.

Spyder Garage

What size did you order? We ordered the 20"

Lamonster front fender LED light kit, Madstad adjustable windshield, Lidlox Helmet Lock, Techmount phone mount

Bajaron Sway Bar w/links, Rivco Dual trunk mounted flag poles, Custom Dynamics Long Amber Brightsides, Custom Dynamics Long Red Brightsides, Custom Dynamics LED RT HMT Brake Light w/Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher, Techmount phone mount

Spyder Garage

I'm leaning towards the Madstad for my 2015 F3S, looking forward to your review!! How much off is the forum discount??

Life is GOOD...............
    2015 F3S
    SmoothSpyder backrest
    lidloxs
    Gloryder F3 Logo Lights
    Lamonster mirror relocations and turn signals
    Lamonster fog light kit
    Lamonster Power Plate
    X Grip
    Ram mount

Spyder Garage

I looked for a code online and going "preseason10" (I think) it saved 10% I might get it out today for a test around the block.

Last edited by jephillips44; 03-05-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Windshield

I too have the madstad windshield and the 20 inch + extra 1 inch on both sides. It is just about right. I'm 5 foot 9 inches and with the windshield all the way down, I can see over the top. Great people to deal with!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandman53 View Post
    I too have the madstad windshield and the 20 inch + extra 1 inch on both sides. It is just about right. I'm 5 foot 9 inches and with the windshield all the way down, I can see over the top. Great people to deal with!
    Do you notice a huge reduction in wind?
    I looked for a code online and going "preseason10" (I think) it saved 10% I might get it out today for a test around the block.

Last edited by jephillips44; 03-05-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default madstad

I think it makes all the difference in the world ! You really can't completely enjoy the F3 without it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ATitus View Post
    I'm leaning towards the Madstad for my 2015 F3S, looking forward to your review!! How much off is the forum discount??
    I have a almost new 20" madstad for sale in the 4 sale forum. Came off my cousins F3S. Woman pulled in front of him. Totaled bike, but no damage to windshield. Only had maybe 300 miles on the windshield. Only reason for selling it he is still in the hospital recovering from the wreck. Will probably be 1 to 2 years we hope before he can ride again. Pinched his spinal core and is paralyzed. He is starting to move his legs and arms, but he has a long road ahead of him. Anyway the windshield is almost brand new. $200.00 plus shipping. I have all the mounting hardware plus the side wings that goes with the windshield.
    David

Spyder Garage

Do you notice a huge reduction in wind?

I did notice some difference today. It was at still at factory settings and I when I came home I raised it up to the highest and will have to test again .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandman53 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the accident, praying all will be well with him. I'll send you a message about the shield.

Life is GOOD...............
    2015 F3S
    SmoothSpyder backrest
    lidloxs
    Gloryder F3 Logo Lights
    Lamonster mirror relocations and turn signals
    Lamonster fog light kit
    Lamonster Power Plate
    X Grip
    Ram mount

Spyder Garage

To me the Madstad is just not quite wide enough! I have it on my 2015 F3s. Lots of buffeting from the sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Anyone know about this type of windshield?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have the Gustafsson 20 " windshield on my 2015 F3S in lite bronze. My Spyder is the (red/orange) and black color and the lite bronze looks great!!!!!!!! The BP Blue ridge mounting brackets/hardware was used which I like the looks of better then the other windshield manufacture's mounting brackets. When I purchased the windshield you had to line it up and drill your own mounting holes, now it comes predrilled which makes install super easy. I personally like this windshield and it works for me!!!

Spyder Garage

The Gustafsson is 1" shorter than the BR and it seems to be installed around the same angle as the BR. I don't see any improvement there whatsoever. You could've simply cut 1 or 2 inches off the BR and saved $199 off the price of Gustafsson?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk