Thread: trailer hitch

Spyder Garage

Default trailer hitch

am picking up a SE5 in a couple weeks...need to put a hitch on. Saw one on ebay. it's attached thru the rear wheel.

Wondering if this will cause problems with the tire or wheel bearings?

I have a wheel chair carrier to bolt on the carrier (missing a leg) total weight on ther tongue under 70 lbs.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by obiwanbill View Post
    am picking up a SE5 in a couple weeks...need to put a hitch on. Saw one on ebay. it's attached thru the rear wheel.

Wondering if this will cause problems with the tire or wheel bearings?

I have a wheel chair carrier to bolt on the carrier (missing a leg) total weight on ther tongue under 70 lbs.
    You have a unique situation with mounting a wheelchair. You might want to do some searching on this site for others that have mounted wheelchairs.

I personally would never use a hitch like the one in the photo that mounts directly to the swingarm. Bushtec makes a Spyder hitch - and they did it the correct way.

http://www.bushtec.com/spiderhitch.html

Little more expensive than the 'Ebay' one, but as with anything - you get what you pay for. You shouldn't need the harness kit if you're not actually towing a trailer.

Good luck!

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

100% I have the bushtec and am very happy with it... its attachment is part of the frame not suspension.
    However, It will not work with the Corbin Bags. As Corbin does have a hitch for their use.