Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hotels for hanging out: Lamplighter (There's two of them: I think the North is the to look at), & Yhe Best Western Coach House
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Also looking forward to the "passport riding".... We call it a "Poker Run" in our part of the world....Last year we trailered down so we had our vehicle to do some of the stops while it rained. We hit the ones that were within Branson that wouldn't have been very adventurous on the bike anyway. AS for rooms, as mentioned, Springfield is a big town with lots of hotels/motels, and I'd be willing to bet that they'll all have at least a handful of Spyder Riders staying at them all....with the number that show up in town.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Camping ar Fairgrounds

Checking to see if anyone has been called back, to sign up for camp site at fairgrounds?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Also looking forward to the "passport riding".... We call it a "Poker Run" in our part of the world....Last year we trailered down so we had our vehicle to do some of the stops while it rained. We hit the ones that were within Branson that wouldn't have been very adventurous on the bike anyway. AS for rooms, as mentioned, Springfield is a big town with lots of hotels/motels, and I'd be willing to bet that they'll all have at least a handful of Spyder Riders staying at them all....with the number that show up in town.
    There is a difference between the Passport and the Poker Run - The Passport Run is a little bit longer with many more stops and stamps, unlike a poker run - we do poker runs here as well. You will have much more fun on a Passport Run....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just made my reservation at the Best Western Coach House, arriving on Tuesday. Yippee!!!!!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

This will be our first year attending. Is there a web site or okace where I can get the planned rides/routes to load into the gps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    This will be our first year attending. Is there a web site or okace where I can get the planned rides/routes to load into the gps?

Not many of those details have been released yet. The organizers are on it, but a little behind. You can keep an eye on the Spyderfest 2017 website. No need to load any of the ride routes. They're all well guided and pretty big groups. If you ride south, ya can't go wrong for great roads and scenery. Personally I avoid hwy 65 unless I really need to make up time. You'll enjoy it all. The riding is nice, but everything else is fun too.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Not many of those details have been released yet. The organizers are on it, but a little behind. You can keep an eye on the Spyderfest 2017 website. No need to load any of the ride routes. They're all well guided and pretty big groups. If you ride south, ya can't go wrong for great roads and scenery. Personally I avoid hwy 65 unless I really need to make up time. You'll enjoy it all. The riding is nice, but everything else is fun too.
    Ok, thanks. We will patiently wait till the day comes.

2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RIDES ETC

[QUOTE=Mazo EMS2;1232347]Not many of those details have been released yet. The organizers are on it, but a little behind. You can keep an eye on the Spyderfest 2017 website. No need to load any of the ride routes. They're all well guided and pretty big groups. If you ride south, ya can't go wrong for great roads and scenery. Personally I avoid hwy 65 unless I really need to make up time. You'll enjoy it all. The riding is nice, but everything else is fun ............................. During past Spyderfests I have taken small groups on EXHILARATING rides down to Peel's Ferry ....... and most made it back for at The Rib Crib .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=BLUEKNIGHT911;1232358]
    Not many of those details have been released yet. The organizers are on it, but a little behind. You can keep an eye on the Spyderfest 2017 website. No need to load any of the ride routes. They're all well guided and pretty big groups. If you ride south, ya can't go wrong for great roads and scenery. Personally I avoid hwy 65 unless I really need to make up time. You'll enjoy it all. The riding is nice, but everything else is fun ............................. During past Spyderfests I have taken small groups on EXHILARATING rides down to Peel's Ferry ....... and most made it back for at The Rib Crib .... Mike
    i made it back and i'm glad i went!

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

Default PEEL'S FERRY - RIDERS

Yep I like to step it up a notch ....or two or three ......... Good on you Hawk ...... next time we'll take the sandwich's - TO THE FERRY - and eat them there .... incase we have to wait again ...... I love that route, it's one of the best at Spyderfest ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

we are not group riders and have always explored back roads i ill and wis by ourselves.
    you can set the pace you want. seeings we will be over 500 miles away from home and
    newbies, if there are one or 2 of you veterans that are riding together and would
    welcome another, we would be glad for the experience. hoping to ride to branson just to
    see what the place looks like. havent really traveled much in 44 years of marriage.
    thank you. irv and joyce toms
    Last edited by irvin48; 03-07-2017 at 08:57 AM.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramsail View Post
    Checking to see if anyone has been called back, to sign up for camp site at fairgrounds?
    I am still waiting on a call from the fairgrounds.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by irvin48 View Post
    we are not group riders and have always explored back roads i ill and wis by ourselves.
    you can set the pace you want. seeings we will be over 500 miles away from home and
    newbies, if there are one or 2 of you veterans that are riding together and would
    welcome another, we would be glad for the experience. hoping to ride to branson just to
    see what the place looks like. havent really traveled much in 44 years of marriage.
    thank you. irv and joyce toms
    We went to Spyderfest and Spyders In The Ozarks last year, and we learned some great riding areas on our own and with a couple other couples. I agree, smaller groups are much more personable and less stressful. You're more than welcome to come with us for a ride or 3....We met a really nice couple from Iowa last year and had a blast, and have ridden together several times since then. We'll all be at the BWCH.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Fest 2017

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    I am still waiting on a call from the fairgrounds.
    Well I too am still waiting; would really like not to be doing this @ the last minute
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    Well I too am still waiting; would really like not to be doing this @ the last minute
    I think it was mentioned that the fairgrounds was not going to be a part of Spyderfest this year. They will correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-08-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I think it was mentioned that the fairgrounds was not going to be a part of Spyderfest this year. They will correct me if I am wrong.
    If that is true then someone needs to remove Ozark Empire Fairgrounds from the Spyderfest Lodging list: http://www.spyderfest.com/lodging
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I was told that the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds was where the Vendor Village was going to be, but wasn't asking about camping there etc.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default OZARK FAIRGROUNDS

I sent an E-mail to the Contact person for SPYDERFEST about the Fairgrounds and Vendors etc ........ But have not heard anything YET !!!!!! ....... Yes it's getting pretty late for picking an EVENT SITE .......JMHO ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default SPYDERFEST & OZARK FAIRGROUNDS

I received an E-mail from Lenny ( @ Pitbull ), ....... No news about the FAIRGROUNDS ..... as of 10:36 pm Tuesday 3-7-17 ....... since I was hoping to camp there ...well ................. Mike

Spyder Garage

Count me in. I also need a place to park my toy hauler. The only decent park I have found is an hour away.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I received an E-mail from Lenny ( @ Pitbull ), ....... No news about the FAIRGROUNDS ..... as of 10:36 pm Tuesday 3-7-17 ....... since I was hoping to camp there ...well ................. Mike
    You're going to be there Mike? Great!! May I join you at the Rib Crib one day? I'll be at Coach House.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default RIB CRIB

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    You're going to be there Mike? Great!! May I join you at the Rib Crib one day? I'll be at Coach House.
    More than welcome ................ But I am having ...REAL concerns that with 6 weeks to go ...... It does not appear they have an EVENT SITE SECURED ... ................. I hope they don't CANCEL - SPYDERFEST ................. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That won't happen: it's still gonna be the best event of the year!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I knew that "something" was going on but will remain silent from here.

It appears that others are trying to get the situation worked out for the satisfaction of all.

They will keep you posted on details.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-08-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red