Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    MOgang member & Pyro-Lady Joanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDERFEST 2017 -- INFO FROM JOANIE

YES -- we are behind. But for those of you who have attended in the past and know Len & MoGang, we normally fly be the seat of our pants most of the time.
    There are a few reasons...
    1. Len and Vanessa had a beautiful baby girl, Caroline, in January.
    2. There will be a new dealership in Bolivar, MO "PitBull The Rock" which has contract deadlines as to when it is to be opened
    3. Weather in the midwest cancelled our January meeting. We did have our February meeting, so we are a little bit behind in getting things lined out. (Instead of idea thowing in January and finalizing in February... well it is now Feb/March) We don't want to post things until we have it almost all ironed out.

WHAT I CAN ASSURE YOU IS....
    It will be a wonderful time with vendor village, group rydes, passport stops, games, meeting new friends, rekindling old friendships and much much more. (OH, did I mention wine drinking in the hotel parking lot???(Sorry they don't have wine glasses.....)
    Yes we are adding a few new things this year.
    YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

For those of you who know me shhhh...... For those of you who don't, I will be the quiet, shy and bashful one behind the registration counter, and I totally do not like sweet wine. Usually with a 38 or 9 mm on my hip. Yes we can open carry in MO, but I also have my CCW. (Bob D no cracking jokes and yes you have to bring me a bottle of wine this year to get a hug!!)

It is a great time and there is no stranger in this group. So if you don't like hugs..........
    To all my old timers (not meaning your age). Please chime in on the fun of this event.

I also want to apologize for me not being out here more. My dad is almost 86 and mom just turned 85 in December. Let me say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with me and my daddy, so if you know me at 52 year old imagine what I would be at 86, just as quiet shy and bashful as ever!!! But dad has COPD and is on oxygen 24/7. My mother has an odd form of Parkinson's. As they should, they take priority. Although, my dad is pretty funny "Why in the hell do you ride that damn thing with 3 wheels" "Because I like it dad". I was born and raised on a hog & crop farm, was in 4-H, but my dad and three brothers never let me drive the three wheeler or the tractor, now I 'm driving a Spyder, go figure.

Please if you have any questions, ask.
    My cell number is 636-577-4508, please feel free to text or call. I do have a real job, so leave a message if I don't answer and I will return your call in 24-48 hours.

See you soon!
    Love to all!!
    Spyderfest 2017 -- Magic 8.

Joanie

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Joanie, I am planning on arriving a few days early again this year. Are you going to need any help?

Spyderfest '17 😎
    ToM
    Do what you like
    Like what you do

Life is Good😃
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

That poor girl has been needing help for a long time.

Anonymous , NOT Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Hotel/Spyderfest

Attending our first Spyderfest this year. We checked the listed hotels and they said they were booked but managed to get to in the Double Tree. Which hotel would be the "one" to hang out in the parking lot to meet and greet everybody during the evening?

Thanks, Odogg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-12-2023 at 03:40 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joanie... Thanks for this important update! We have faith that you guys will pull it all together: you always do!!
    (How about a picture of that beautiful new baby Caroline?) to the proud parents!
    And to Caroline!

You don't like Wine and Hugs???

You are such a kidder!

HEY EVERYBODY!!!! YOU absolutely MUST bring a bottle of sweet wine to SpyderFest, and give ti to Joanie when you register!!

This is important: the success of the entire event may hinge upon all of this...

About your folks: Prayers and kind thoughts are being sent to ALL of you.
    I'd love to meet your Dad: I'll bet that he's a ton of fun...
    (Mine is almost 88, so I know the game at this point...)
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-02-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This will be my first Spyderfest, as with most things Spyder everyone is so helpful.

i would have never guessed that a bottle of wine would be required for the gracious lady at registration!

I appreciate this post for everything including contact information. Is there a list of vendors that will be there. Hopefully there won't be too many, this will keep my spending down.

Joe
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-12-2023 at 03:40 AM.
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They always say that the first time is special... Just don't forget the wine!
    What were we talking about???

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    This will be my first Spyderfest, as with most things Spyder everyone is so helpful.

i would have never guessed that a bottle of wine would be required for the gracious lady at registration!

I appreciate this post for everything including contact information. Is there a list of vendors that will be there. Hopefully there won't be too many, this will keep my spending down.

Joe
    Hi Buckeye... we will be there as Vendor! So stop by to say hi to your fellow Ohioans and maybe get some LED for your Spyder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post

Joe
    IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. BOB DENMAN JUST LIKES TO GIVE ME TROUBLE!!!

I like asking him for it cause I know he can afford it, and he give me so much trouble, that I deserve something for putting up with him.

So no need to bring wine.

Joanie

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    That poor girl has been needing help for a long time.

Anonymous , NOT Cruzr Joe

Oh so you mean Sheila hijacked your computer?!?!!? I know better!!!

Joanie

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that....👏

Always good to be kept in the loop and know you will pull off another better than before event. Old timers here all know that, and the new ones will soon learn. I tell them to go ahead and book it, you will not be disappointed....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-12-2023 at 03:42 AM.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joanie View Post
    IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. BOB DENMAN JUST LIKES TO GIVE ME TROUBLE!!!

I like asking him for it cause I know he can afford it, and he give me so much trouble, that I deserve something for putting up with him.

So no need to bring wine.
    She's lying; as usual!
    Bring wine!

But she's right: I am far more trouble, than I am worth...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-03-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

You are all having way to much fun and its only PRE Spyderfest.
    Someday (hopefully soon--but not this year) Linda and I are going to show up. Then...you will figure me/us out. Maybe.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

sure would like to make it

I won't be able to make it, I will be leaving May 6 for Portland Oregon to ride the Kyle Petty Charity Ride. There will be 200 motorcycles riding from there to Milwaukee, Wi.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-12-2023 at 03:43 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    You are all having way to much fun and its only PRE Spyderfest.
    Someday (hopefully soon--but not this year) Linda and I are going to show up. Then...you will figure me/us out. Maybe.
    Bring your best moves!

Imagine this party... But with MUCH better Barbecue!!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-02-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

YES -- we are behind. But for those of you who have attended in the past and know Len & MoGang, we normally fly be the seat of our pants most of the time.
    2. There will be a new dealership in Bolivar, MO "PitBull The Rock" which has contract deadlines as to when it is to be opened
    3. Weather in the midwest cancelled our January meeting. We did have our February meeting, so we are a little bit behind in getting things lined out. (Instead of idea thowing in January and finalizing in February... well it is now Feb/March) We don't want to post things until we have it almost all ironed out.

It will be a wonderful time with vendor village, group rydes, passport stops, games, meeting new friends, rekindling old friendships and much much more. (OH, did I mention wine drinking in the hotel parking lot???(Sorry they don't have wine glasses.....)

For those of you who know me shhhh...... For those of you who don't, I will be the quiet, shy and bashful one behind the registration counter, and I totally do not like sweet wine. Usually with a 38 or 9 mm on my hip. Yes we can open carry in MO, but I also have my CCW. (Bob D no cracking jokes and yes you have to bring me a bottle of wine this year to get a hug!!)

It is a great time and there is no stranger in this group. So if you don't like hugs..........
    To all my old timers (not meaning your age). Please chime in on the fun of this event.

I also want to apologize for me not being out here more. My dad is almost 86 and mom just turned 85 in December. Let me say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with me and my daddy, so if you know me at 52 year old imagine what I would be at 86, just as quiet shy and bashful as ever!!! But dad has COPD and is on oxygen 24/7. My mother has an odd form of Parkinson's. As they should, they take priority. Although, my dad is pretty funny "Why in the hell do you ride that damn thing with 3 wheels" "Because I like it dad". I was born and raised on a hog & crop farm, was in 4-H, but my dad and three brothers never let me drive the three wheeler or the tractor, now I 'm driving a Spyder, go figure.

My cell number is 636-577-4508, please feel free to text or call. I do have a real job, so leave a message if I don't answer and I will return your call in 24-48 hours.

See you soon!
    Love to all!!
    Where is spyderfest?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    Where is spyderfest?

Springfield Missouri

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Bring your best moves!

Tempting, but how could I keep Linda distracted?

UNHIJACK: ON
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-02-2017 at 05:18 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hotels for hanging out = Lamplighter & Best Western Coach House
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Hotels for hanging out = Lamplighter & Best Western Coach House

The Bestest Party in Town: all week long!!

Spyder Garage

Closer than I thought ...cool

See you soon!
    Love to all!!
    Wow I didn't realize how close Spyderfest is to my new house! (NWA)... Well, if all goes according to plan, I will have my first Spyder in two weeks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-12-2023 at 03:45 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pickels View Post
    Wow I didn't realize how close Spyderfest is to my new house! (NWA)... Well if all goes accordin to plan I will have my first spyder in two weeks
    Be there... or be square!

Spyder Garage

My husband and I are now both Spyder owners and we are making the journey from Va for our first Spyderfest and longest trip. I can't wait!

Spyder Garage

Welcome!! It is a blast. What hotel are you staying at. See you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KTLaw View Post
    My husband and I are now both Spyder owners and we are making the journey from Va for our first Spyderfest and longest trip. I can't wait!

Joanie

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Bring your best moves!

I don't think you and I were at the same Spyderfest
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6