Spyder Garage

Default USB PORT ON THE 2016 F3 LIMITED

Haven't had any luck connecting my galaxy S7 edge to the usb port. Get message "not recognizing input". Have to use the aux plug to get music but that eliminates using any controls from the bike ie "next arrow". ANY HELP

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    Haven't had any luck connecting my galaxy S7 edge to the usb port. Get message "not recognizing input". Have to use the aux plug to get music but that eliminates using any controls from the bike ie "next arrow". ANY HELP

it only works with apple products.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post

Cruzr Joe
    Appreciate the response...If true, that's a bummer..BRP has excluded 50% of all cell phones

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post

Cruzr Joe
    So you are saying the owners manual is wrong?

usb port.jpg

According to this, it should work.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Stupid Question

I am not thinking this through, but how would I connect my iPhone 6s to the USB plug in the F3L??????????
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    So you are saying the owners manual is wrong?

usb port.jpg

According to this, it should work.
    I don't believe Samsung supports MTP/MSC format. You're best bet is to buy a cheap Bluetooth receiver and hook it up to the USB and audio jack. Then you will be able to hear audio. You can control everything right through the phone.

Lamont sell them on his site
    Last edited by armyspydervet; 03-01-2017 at 10:14 AM.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    I am not thinking this through, but how would I connect my iPhone 6s to the USB plug in the F3L??????????
    To play music through the stereo. Maybe even charge the phone.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    I don't believe Samsung supports MTP/MSC format. You're best bet is to buy a cheap Bluetooth receiver and hook it up to the USB and audio jack. Then you will be able to hear audio. Lamont sell them on his site
    Lamont does't sell any thing "Cheap"' he sells items tha t are affordable, and offer high value for the price!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    To play music through the stereo. Maybe even charge the phone.
    I know why?????? It is the physical connection that is am wondering about???? There is no USB port on my iPhone.

Spyder Garage

Lamont does't sell any thing "Cheap"' he sells items tha t are affordable, and offer high value for the price!
    Yes, poor terminology. The Bluetooth receiver he sells is "inexpensive" and will allow the OP to play music through their system without having to buy an "expensive' iPhone ---although Apple is better than Google

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/bluet...rt-f3t-st-br1/
    Last edited by armyspydervet; 03-01-2017 at 10:26 AM.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default USB PORT ON THE 2016 F3 LIMITED

I know why?????? It is the physical connection that is am wondering about???? There is no USB port on my iPhone.
    Usually it's on one end of your charging cable. USB on the left.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

The USB is at the end of your cable. The part that plugs into the block that normally goes into the wall. That end also goes into the USB port on the F3T
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Duh!!!!!!

Like I said, I was not thinking this through! The plug in the motorcycle if the Female end!Thanks for waking me up!

Spyder Garage

More coffee!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    I don't believe Samsung supports MTP/MSC format. You're best bet is to buy a cheap Bluetooth receiver and hook it up to the USB and audio jack. Then you will be able to hear audio. You can control everything right through the phone.

Lamont sell them on his site
    According to Samsung it does support MTP format. The issue to me looks like the phone has to be put into MTP mode. http://www.samsung.com/au/support/skp/faq/1045199

PS This should be similar for all android phones.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Needed to have the s7 reprogrammed...it now works through the usb port but not well. I will play music from my library but will not play from Pandora. Solution was to get a bluetooth transmitter hooked up to the aux plug and now all is well.

Spyder Garage

Well that's different. You should have explained what you where trying to do. Plugging your smartphone into the Spyder usb gives you the ability to play music files stored on it. Basically the same as plugging in a thumb drive with your music files on it. It is not able to control any music apps on your phone.

Glad you got it working.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Needed to have the s7 reprogrammed...it now works through the usb port but not well. I will play music from my library but will not play from Pandora. Solution was to get a bluetooth transmitter hooked up to the aux plug and now all is well.
    How are you charging your phone on the Spyder?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Well that's different. You should have explained what you where trying to do. Plugging your smartphone into the Spyder usb gives you the ability to play music files stored on it. Basically the same as plugging in a thumb drive with your music files on it. It is not able to control any music apps on your phone.

Glad you got it working.
    Your absolutely right which is why I went the bluetooth route. Bought the transmitter from Best Buy for $30 and it is working like a champ
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    How are you charging your phone on the Spyder?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You can charge the phone with the USB port...not as fast a charge plugged into an ac outlet, but it works

Spyder Garage

You can charge the phone with the USB port...not as fast a charge plugged into an ac outlet, but it works
    I was not correct about the charging from the usb port on the F3t. It will not charge my phone and I wound up purchasing the F3 power port from Lamonster garage. Works like a champ, very happy with the build and installation...thanks Lamont

Spyder Garage

Default my experience

I have Spotify on my phone and tablet and when plugged into the female usb dongle via a sync cable in the glove box I can advance
    to the next song with the buttons on the left handle bar.

Then one day it started intermitantly acting up saying [no device] on the dash. I talked to the dealer about it but he said he did not know of any technical bulletins or heard of anyone else having the same problem. Considered going to Bluetooth.

So one day while it was not working for some odd reason I powered my phone off and back on, when I was ready to leave I plugged in my phone and the stereo started playing music without the aux. audio input.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

I have a 2016 F3S Ltd. I had the same connection issue and message. I tried again and manage to get it to work my Samsung A5. Once you've connected the usb-c to the end of the phone, unlock your phone with your code. There will be a message asking if its ok to let the connected device access your phone, say yes. The Spyder will then do s scan of your phone looking for the mp3 files. It plays your music sequentially always beginning with the lowest numerical digit followed by the alphabet. In other words you'd have to manually toggle the skip selection to get to the next track. To do this, hit the eco mode button until you get to audio, then hit the > or < to skip or repeat tracks. You do not have to use the 5mm jack plug, the USB-C is sufficient to do all this. Just make sure you have a solid connection between the usb connections and that ypu've unlocked the phone. Hope this helps

Spyder Garage

Mine charges albeit slowly. Audio works via the android phone sync usb-c cables