Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default NICE PIX

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    NICE PIX..... BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THESE WERE TAKEN..... WERE YOU IN AUSTRALIA, ITALY, ROCKIES.....??? where>?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    To stay out of the mountains as much as possible I would come West on I 40 to Albuquerque the head north out of there to Gallup and Cortez. That will put you near Mesa Verde then go to Monticello pick up 191 north to Moab and Arches and Canyonlands. From there head west on I70. Stop for lunch in Green River at Ray's Tavern. You have to get off the freeway and go into town but well worth it. Best burgers and steaks around. At Cove Fort (worth a stop) go South on I15 to St.George. Stop in Cedar City for some of the best BBQ at Sonny Boy's. Cedar is worth spending time in for all the Shakespeare stuff. Or park the RV and head east out of Cedar for Cedar Breaks NM. Or come a little south and see Kolob Canyon NM. At the top you can see into the backside of Zion's. Beautiful little Spyder ride. Some of this stuff will be on the agenda at the rally but there is so much you can't see it all so going to some before wont ruin the rally for you.
    Hope that gives you some ideas.

If you go south out of Monticello and come thru Kanab stop at Nedra's for lunch. back in the day all the movie stars making westerns ate there. Great drive but much more mountains that way.

What's wrong with the mountains? They're beautiful to ryde through.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Flat Ground

Avoid I-70 if you don't like the mountains. It is very mountainous in Colorado and eastern Utah all the way to I-15. I have traveled east from St. George Utah many, many times and If you want a flat easy ride in the RV pulling the Spyder you will want to take I-80 to Utah and then make your way south to St. George via I-15.

See ya at Red Rocks. You will enjoy the area here with all our National Parks and scenic rides. Zion's National Park, Bryce Canyon, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Snow Park State Park, and much much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Take I-80 west all the way. Easiest and least construction and tolls. I do it all the time going to colorado.
    Current Modes of Transportation:
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT LTD / Pearl White
    2014 Can Cam Commander 1000 Side X Side / Yellow and Black
    2007 Kawasaki Nomad Cruiser 1600 / Black with lots of Chrome
    2006 Ford F-150 Bronze and Chrome
    2014 ASICS Gel-Nimbus Running Shoes / Blue and White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    The OP's wife doesn't like riding in the RV on mountain roads. They're towing the Spyder. See the Post #1.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    NICE PIX..... BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THESE WERE TAKEN..... WERE YOU IN AUSTRALIA, ITALY, ROCKIES.....??? where>?
    1 Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada, a ride from St. George, Utah at the Red Rock Rally.

2 Snow Canyon State Park in Utah, another ride at the Red Rock rally. ( Sorry forgot to label.)
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Valley of Fire

How could I have forgotten the Valley of Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    1 Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada, a ride from St. George, Utah at the Red Rock Rally.

2 Snow Canyon State Park in Utah, another ride at the Red Rock rally. ( Sorry forgot to label.)
    Current Modes of Transportation:
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT LTD / Pearl White
    2014 Can Cam Commander 1000 Side X Side / Yellow and Black
    2007 Kawasaki Nomad Cruiser 1600 / Black with lots of Chrome
    2006 Ford F-150 Bronze and Chrome
    2014 ASICS Gel-Nimbus Running Shoes / Blue and White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    To stay out of the mountains as much as possible I would come West on I 40 to Albuquerque the head north out of there to Gallup and Cortez. That will put you near Mesa Verde then go to Monticello pick up 191 north to Moab and Arches and Canyonlands. From there head west on I70. Stop for lunch in Green River at Ray's Tavern. You have to get off the freeway and go into town but well worth it. Best burgers and steaks around. At Cove Fort (worth a stop) go South on I15 to St.George. Stop in Cedar City for some of the best BBQ at Sonny Boy's. Cedar is worth spending time in for all the Shakespeare stuff. Or park the RV and head east out of Cedar for Cedar Breaks NM. Or come a little south and see Kolob Canyon NM. At the top you can see into the backside of Zion's. Beautiful little Spyder ride. Some of this stuff will be on the agenda at the rally but there is so much you can't see it all so going to some before wont ruin the rally for you.
    Hope that gives you some ideas.

If you go south out of Monticello and come thru Kanab stop at Nedra's for lunch. back in the day all the movie stars making westerns ate there. Great drive but much more mountains that way.
    thanks for the food stops. we love to try new and great places!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Patti, Carol loves the mountains on the spyder, just doesn't like taking the class a RV thru the mountains with a 16ft. trailer tagging along!

Spyder Garage

Default I-80 as others have said will be the smoother path for RV and trailer

Or I-40 to the south and then up. Mountain highways including I-70 get congested thru Colorado. Great to cruise on the Spyder, but not so much with RV and trailer unless you're traveling on more of the "shoulder" seasons.
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I-70 through Glenwood canyon is one of the most scenic interstates around. Have your wife ride the Spyder through it while you follow in the RV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    Patti, Carol loves the mountains on the spyder, just doesn't like taking the class a RV thru the mountains with a 16ft. trailer tagging along!
    Take a virtual tour of I-70 on Google maps using Street View, or use Google Earth. As has been said it's a beautiful drive and being an Interstate I don't think driving it with an RV and trailer will be any problem at all. Now, going through or around Denver is another matter. Traffic is heavy there and on I-70 up to the Georgetown area.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)