Spyder Garage

Default Rt led fog light help

Hello everyone.
    I'm having a serious problem trying to get the right fog light back cover on. (Right as if your facing the front)
    I have spent the better part of the afternoon with no luck.
    If anybody has any helpful ideas I would really appreciate the help.
    Thanks for your time,
    Joel

Spyder Garage

Joel, you are not alone with this task. It took me about 3 hours to finally get it back on. All I can tell you is to keep trying. When you feel yourself ready to explode with frustration, walk away for a few minutes to collect yourself. Then try again. That's what I did. Good luck, my friend.
    Mark in GA

2014 Cognac Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
    2014 Cognac RT-622 Trailer - SOLD
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac

Spyder Garage

I changed all 4 of my headlights (including fog) out to LED's a few months ago. This is not a SIMPLE "change the light bulb" procedure that just takes a few mins. As I'm sure you have discovered, you have to remove multiple panels and parts to get to the lights!! And the left front fog light is a "bear" to change (it can be done but you have to strain, pray a lot, hold your mouth just right and keep going even when you think it can't be done :-}.

If you are "mechanically challenged" or if you are in a hurry, you better not DIY with the lights for the Spyder!!! I'm glad I did it (once it was over) because I like a challenge and I like to know how the bike is put together...but now, I also understand why the dealer was going to charge $150 to change one burned out bulb. I wouldn't do it for $150!

One other thing that might be of help to you, go to LaMonster's site (or youtube) and he has a couple video "how to's" on changing out the lights to led's. You may or may not be using led's but he takes you through the procedure. There are 2 youtube videos he made for this.

That back cover will go on... I almost hate to tell you, but the right side is easier than the left (on the RT). The right side fog lamp only took me a couple mins. Left side took an hour and nearly made me want to say something ugly (I didn't but sure felt like it). Hope you get it! Hang in there and keep going.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Secret

Feels like it is so close, but won't go on? Push so hard you feel like you might hurt yourself? Get so pissed you want to smash things to bits? Me too! Then I remembered : if it moves and should not, use duct tape; if it should move and won't, use WD 40! So, a quick spray, and boomchuckkalukka! Snaps on like it is supposed to! Try it!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beefybudds View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I'm having a serious problem trying to get the right fog light back cover on. (Right as if your facing the front)
    I have spent the better part of the afternoon with no luck.
    If anybody has any helpful ideas I would really appreciate the help.
    Thanks for your time,
    Joel
    Where
    are you located? If your near Houston, you can bring it by and I'll give you a hand with it. Its hard to describe but now that I have done quite a number of them I know just the right facial expressions that make it pop into place.....

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Air intake tube???

I found that loosening the air intake tube made this MUCH easier. the wd40 also sounds like something I should have done. LED headlights maybe the next farkel. Really strong hands do help.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Oh yeah, the air intake: while I was struggling with my left fog light, I noticed that my air intake was not securely attached with the hose clamp...in fact it was just hanging there 70% unattached. So it was another good reason for DIY...I fixed it while there (and it too was a bit of a challenge).

So if you do move it to have more work space for working on the fog light, you may create yet another challenge when you have to reconnect that hose.

On face value, a hose clamp is simple...you just slide the hose on and tighten down (with screwdriver) and you're done! But not so with the Spyder. Everything in that left front area is super tight space...you can't simply get your hands in there to perform a simple task. That's why it's so frustrating.

So be advised, if you remove the hose to make more space, you're going to have to reconnect it and it's not "quick and easy".

The old saying: " damned if you do and damned if you don't" applies. Blessings!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Pulling the air intake tube back was the only way I managed to get that cover back on. Like a complete idiot, when I finally got the cover back on, I then proceeded to putting the entire body back on the bike. It was after the last screw and pushpin and mirror was back on did I finally realize I had left the intake tube off.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red