Spyder Garage

Default I am sooooo not pleased....I know whine whine whine

And Bob D I already have all the cheese I need...so know smart remarks from you!!!. OK yesterday my driveway is at least 1/3 snow/ice free and 100% free for the front two wheels of the Red Stallion...but I see that the rotten snow could be problem for rear tire traction. So creative, impatient me says...no issues get 4x4 in gear and start making a center track...so 5 passes and walla there it is first glimpse of dirt. Tomorrow (now today) is going to be it I am going to fire up Red and GO FOR IT. And when I got back to house from trail blazing I ceremonially put snow shovel away for winter.
    Ugh Ugh Ugh. and I wake up this morning to no no NO it can't be. Has to be my aging eyes are not focusing as I lay in bed looking outside. Dang Dang Dang it is snowing and not just that "last hurrah snow..where the flakes are big, well you who live in snow country no what I'm describing; but the I'm going to give you SNOW kind...already 1 1/2" new. The wind is blowing and it is a virtual snow storm. Grrrrr okay after this rant and finish my 2d cup of coffee off to DRAG snow shovel out of storage.....this is just plain WRONG. I will be filing a complaint with the controller of weather and any government agency that will be open tomorrow. I am filing a protest...this has messed with my total mental health. I have developed a horrible (and sure it is interfering with all my bodily functions. ALL OF THEM..get the picture) case of WTH... gotta be worth something don't you think? I mean I can't function..life is over. Yep Yep I am becoming the snowflake of snowflakes...oh my I just better run outside and join all those real snowflakes...
    Have a great day. Rant 1/2 over...more coffee...more time on snow shovel (maybe) and I have to go and deliver the sad sad news to Red Stallion that another day tethered!!!do have to tell such a fine ryde this...sure it will absolutely ruin his/her day also.
    Have a great Sunday it is truly a day of blessings!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

You really don't want to know then at 70 degrees in south Texas, a friend and I are headed out after lunch for a ryde to the lake.... it's great to live in SE Texas......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

You are too funny MurphyBrown!
    www.sasspyders.com
    2016 F3T
    2015 Freedom Trailer
    Sypderpops BumpSkid Plate
    Lamonster ISP Key Cover
    Lamonster F3 Bar Clamp and Power Port
    Lamonster RIP floorboards and frame caps
    Lamonster Chevron Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Swaybar & Heim Links
    F4 Custom 21" tinted windshield
    BRP Cannonball Seat
    BRP F3 Idler Pully
    FOBO TPMS
    LidLox (dual)
    Garmin 660LM GPS
    Cat Delete Performance Pipe
    F3T Top Case
    PPA Black Widow Wheels
    Custom Frunk Wrap

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Snow shovel, what's a snow shovel? I haven't had one of those in years. Dale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    Snow shovel, what's a snow shovel? I haven't had one of those in years. Dale
    Never even seen one... are those real??

Spyder Garage

An inch and a half? We just had 12 and a half inches, and we had Bare ground, no ice no mounds nothing on Thursday.... we still have over 10 inches of snow on our back deck.... by the way Murph, that was a green/brown Golf course fairway in the background of this shot all last week.
    Now it's a Cross country ski course.....
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RedRTS View Post
    Never even seen one... are those real??

Rumor has it they are, but you know how rumors are. Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Karyl
    YOu know that I love you just like a Big Sister (Who's MUCH smarter than me!)
    But.......

Cheese and Whine.jpg

This too: shall pass!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Karyl,

Yesterday the temps were the 60's, I still have "white fungus" (snow)on lawn, but there are patch's of grass.

Also, I saw a few robins on the lawn this morning. They were looking for something to eat.

I have about 80% of grass showing , the other 20% is" White fungus"( snow)on lawn. What a drop in temp today, it is 40 degrees/ cloudy. The rest of the week the temps in the 40's to 50's lows in the 30's. Great sugaring( maple sugaring) weather this coming week. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We're about thirty degrees colder than we were yesterday... But no snow!

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer...

Not saying anything about here...🤔but it may be time for that snickers bar....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

People, People, People, move South and stop being so Masochistic!

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Be careful my friend. A few years back I also made efforts to get out of my driveway early. I sunk the rear tire in the mush, broke the drive belt and had to have it towed to the dealer for repairs. About $500 later (including the tow) I was good to go.

I am hoping I can wait out the final two weeks or so and don't mess up again.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Karyl, I thought you were under doctor's orders not to ryde for a week or so. Or is that past?

We had snow Friday, but today it's in the 50s again. Weird winter here.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default I share your pain

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    And Bob D I already have all the cheese I need...so know smart remarks from you!!!. OK yesterday my driveway is at least 1/3 snow/ice free and 100% free for the front two wheels of the Red Stallion...but I see that the rotten snow could be problem for rear tire traction. So creative, impatient me says...no issues get 4x4 in gear and start making a center track...so 5 passes and walla there it is first glimpse of dirt. Tomorrow (now today) is going to be it I am going to fire up Red and GO FOR IT. And when I got back to house from trail blazing I ceremonially put snow shovel away for winter.
    Ugh Ugh Ugh. and I wake up this morning to no no NO it can't be. Has to be my aging eyes are not focusing as I lay in bed looking outside. Dang Dang Dang it is snowing and not just that "last hurrah snow..where the flakes are big, well you who live in snow country no what I'm describing; but the I'm going to give you SNOW kind...already 1 1/2" new. The wind is blowing and it is a virtual snow storm. Grrrrr okay after this rant and finish my 2d cup of coffee off to DRAG snow shovel out of storage.....this is just plain WRONG. I will be filing a complaint with the controller of weather and any government agency that will be open tomorrow. I am filing a protest...this has messed with my total mental health. I have developed a horrible (and sure it is interfering with all my bodily functions. ALL OF THEM..get the picture) case of WTH... gotta be worth something don't you think? I mean I can't function..life is over. Yep Yep I am becoming the snowflake of snowflakes...oh my I just better run outside and join all those real snowflakes...
    Have a great day. Rant 1/2 over...more coffee...more time on snow shovel (maybe) and I have to go and deliver the sad sad news to Red Stallion that another day tethered!!!do have to tell such a fine ryde this...sure it will absolutely ruin his/her day also.
    Have a great Sunday it is truly a day of blessings!!!
    I was going to do the exact same thing. But I put it off, just in case. Woke up to the same surprise you got. My neighbor and I teamed up and knocked off a good chunk of the parking area between our 2 apartments. It's that really wet heavy snow not the nice dry fluffy snow you can clear with a leaf blower. But once we got the snow cleared away the residual stuff melted right away and down the parking area is just wet.

My philosophy when it comes to shoveling snow.... I'd rather shovel 3" twice then 6" once.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Karyl, I thought you were under doctor's orders not to ryde for a week or so. Or is that past?

We had snow Friday, but today it's in the 50s again. Weird winter here.
    well yes there is that Dr order stuff. BUT BUT. BUT I really am a rotten patient but I feel ok!!! Bad on me. Now forced to not ryde. Dr 1 Murphybrown 0
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Karyl just got back from a ride. The big showers we had last night cleaned the roads. Conditions are 41* sunny but windy Roads are dry and for the most part in decent shape. Felt good. Only problem makes the wait for spring harder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    well yes there is that Dr order stuff. BUT BUT. BUT I really am a rotten patient but I feel ok!!! Bad on me. Now forced to not ryde. Dr 1 Murphybrown 0
    It's probably a very good thing that you're already "chafing at the bit", and are feeling ready to ride again...
    I keep telling my primary care physician that I only keep her around to write my scripts; I can handle the rest!

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking this may be my last winter.

Heading to the gulf in Florida. Had enough of winter and work.

I THINK

Spyder Garage

Default Fingers crossed

All snow gone here near Toronto , we hit an all time high for a day in February on Thursday ( approx 18 degrees C) .. Never made it home from work in time to go for a Ryde , hopefully this warm trend continues and we get an early start again this year

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Washington

It be nice just cold but ride-able, Just yesterday I was saying the pile of snow that we pushed of the driveway was just about gone, Fast forward to Now 6 P.M and I can hardly see across the street because the Snow that was supposed to stay in Washington didn't and it came over to me

Hope you Washington People are happy LOL
    Dick Harding
    Boise,ID
    2011 Spyder RT SE5 Limited

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Large1 is online now Report Post

Spyder Garage

I moved from Bridgeport California ( high in the Sierra Navara Mountains and 20 below weather ) last November
    I have been watching the weather there all winter and am glad I now live in Coolidge Arizona
    Been ridding every day since I moved here
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays