Thread: foglights

Spyder Garage

Default foglights

thinking about buying aftermarket fog lights for my RS.

Any suggestions and I looked in the opening and don't see anything to hold them in.

What holds fog lights in ????

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

You have to change the scoops and add the support frame. These come with the light kit from BRP. They bolt right in and fit well and easy install. I got those parts from cheapcycleparts.com except for the actual foglights because I used them for the turbo fans. You can mount them elsewhere and sponsors have some great led lights like Tricled and others. They mount on the A frame from what I have seen. You have seen mine which is an option but I am working on a new idea... If I remember correctly the housings and scoops were about $120.00. check ebay on the whole BRP light kit....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I mounted the fog lights from Reggie on the front fender support. They turn with the front wheel when steering.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    You have to change the scoops and add the support frame. These come with the light kit from BRP. They bolt right in and fit well and easy install. I got those parts from cheapcycleparts.com except for the actual foglights because I used them for the turbo fans. You can mount them elsewhere and sponsors have some great led lights like Tricled and others. They mount on the A frame from what I have seen. You have seen mine which is an option but I am working on a new idea... If I remember correctly the housings and scoops were about $120.00. check ebay on the whole BRP light kit....
    Like the a-arm lights but are they there for decoration and to be seen or functional as a fog light??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    I mounted the fog lights from Reggie on the front fender support. They turn with the front wheel when steering.

Reggie ???

Spyder Garage

Default And well....

Reggie is from Tricled....and their light work well. The ones mounted on the fender supports that turn with the wheels are great on those backroads that have no lighting but the moon....check them out. There are some square types that are really bright and light the way well...happy hunting...

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    Like the a-arm lights but are they there for decoration and to be seen or functional as a fog light??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black