Thread: Hot Feet!

Spyder Garage

Default Hot Feet!

Well yesterday was the warmest it has been since I purchased my F-3 in November. I notice while riding that there was a considerable amount of heat coming off the engine and it hits right at my boots. I know as the days get warmer that this is going to become a problem. Has anyone come up with a solution to the heat problem?

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting. ...

Have not heard much on the F3 but all the other V-twins had issues with foot heat but had sponsors supply preventative products. Will see what else comes up on the F3. Would seem the normal amount of heat being your close to an open engine....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Not me

Bought mine in July have riddden in 100 plus heat and ALWAYS comfy!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What are you wearing on your feet for protection?
    This IS a motorcycle, and you're sitting right behind 115 horsepower: things will always get warm!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I've ridden my F3 in 3 digit heat and not had an issue with my feet.
    To God Be The Glory!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Bought mine in July have riddden in 100 plus heat and ALWAYS comfy!
    Like Pirate, I haven't come across this before acpd. We are just coming to the end of a hot summer, and I even rode a few hours on the freeway in 110 degree heat recently and while I was sweating furiously, I had no issues with feet heat, so I can't be much help. I only wear 5" high boots. Hopefully someone who is experiencing this will have some ideas, but I don't think you'll find it is a common problem.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Minister View Post
    I've ridden my F3 in 3 digit heat and not had an issue with my feet.
    Ditto! I find it more comfortable for me personally to switch to vented boots but I can wear my non-vented ones without any sort of heat issues....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Foot heat

I usually ride in tennis shoes and even on days over a hundred have never noticed any signs of a hot foot. Of course I'm riding on pegs, not footboards which might make a difference. I never notice any heat coming off the engine at all, and rarely hear the cooling fan come on.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acpd22 View Post
    Well yesterday was the warmest it has been since I purchased my F-3 in November. I notice while riding that there was a considerable amount of heat coming off the engine and it hits right at my boots. I know as the days get warmer that this is going to become a problem. Has anyone come up with a solution to the heat problem?
    Looks like he's wearing boots.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! I tried blowing his Avatar up, but lost all of the detail in it...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thanks! I tried blowing his Avatar up, but lost all of the detail in it...
    It looks like a pretty stock F3-L, Bob, so it's hard to tell what's causing the heat. If you click on the avatar, there's a better photo.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Last year when I got my F3 Limited I was surprised with the heat on my feet. I thought this is crazy! I ended up buying a set of Baker Built Air Wings (Leg Wings) while I was at Spyder Rendezvous last summer. That took care of the heat issue. Yesterday, I just ordered the hand wings.

I can't say enough good things about the Baker Built Air Wings. I had them on both of my RT Limiteds, a '14 and a '13, and never had a heat issue. Although, I do wear long pants and boots while riding.

You won't be sorry if you buy a set. I have the dark tinted ones on my white F3L and you don't even notice them.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Last year when I got my F3 Limited I was surprised with the heat on my feet. I thought this is crazy! I ended up buying a set of Baker Built Air Wings (Leg Wings) while I was at Spyder Rendezvous last summer. That took care of the heat issue. Yesterday, I just ordered the hand wings.

I can't say enough good things about the Baker Built Air Wings. I had them on both of my RT Limiteds, a '14 and a '13, and never had a heat issue. Although, I do wear long pants and boots while riding.

You won't be sorry if you buy a set. I have the dark tinted ones on my white F3L and you don't even notice them.
    That's interesting, Copperman.....I wonder why some feel nothing, even on the hottest of riding days and others find the heat bad enough that they have to add aftermarket???
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Heat issues too

I have had heat issues since day one, dealer tried to find problems but couldn't and opened up a case with BRP but in the end nothing was ever done.
    My key can get so hot that it is hard to handle after riding for a few hours.
    i have 20 k on it now and have learned to wear riding jeans and high boots even on hot days just so my legs don't fry. Living in a semi desert environment doesn't help.
    plenty of triple digit days here .
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Default Hot Feet!

I wear leather boots and jeans every time I ride. When we were riding the other day, when I felt the heat, we were doing about 70 or so on the interstate. I may try the Air Wings. Couldn't hurt.