Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 2012 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM5

2012 Can-Am Spyder -- $14,500 o best offer!
    Mileage: 20,450
    Color: Pure Magnesium Metallic
    ALWAYS GARAGED! NEVER BEEN PARKED OUTSIDE -- EVER!
    Properly maintained through dealership with all service records available for review.

NO MODIFICATIONS - EVERYTHING IS FACTORY OEM
    2012_Can-Am_Spyder_0010.jpg2012_Can-Am_Spyder_0020.jpg2012_Can-Am_Spyder_0030.jpg2012_Can-Am_Spyder_0040.jpg2012_Can-Am_Spyder_0050.jpg

All associated equipment, i.e. cover, rain suit, storage bag inserts, manuals, helmets, SENA headset, etc. are included. These items ARE NOT reflected in the original MSRP or NADA guidebook, but will be included in the sale. Most items NEVER USED. For example, rain suit or full cover have NEVER been used. I kept garaged and I am not a foul weather rider so no need.

it includes a TomTom Rider GPS which integrates with the helmet and your cellphone.

I am providing photos of the Spyder including NADA price guide info, etc. Price guide does not take into account dealer delivery & prep, transportation, etc. that are associated with buying any new vehicle in Greater Columbus, Ohio area which will add between $1500 to $2000 to purchase price so in comparing prices against a new motorcycle, please take that into consideration if doing price comparisons. TAXES EXTRA!

YOU MUST BE A LICENSED DRIVER WITH A MOTORCYCLE ENDORSEMENT TO OPERATE THIS VEHICLE! IF YOU WILL ONLY DRIVE A 3-WHEEL MOTORCYCLE, AND CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE, THE REQUIREMENTS ARE PASSING A WRITTEN TEST. THERE IS NOW A ROAD TEST FOR 3-WHEEL MOTORCYCLE LICENSE ONLY! IF YOU HAVE A MOTORCYCLE ENDORSEMENT FOR 2-WHEEL MOTORCYCLE, YOU ARE COVERED ALREADY. Please read the post written further down that explains the Ohio laws further.

The test for 3-wheeled vehicles can be found on page VI: http://www.publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/mop0001.pdf

I would be happy to provide additional photos, service and maintenance records, etc. upon request OR ANSWER any questions you might have about this GREAT motorcycle.
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 05-09-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knarfoh View Post
    YOU MUST BE A LICENSED DRIVER WITH A MOTORCYCLE ENDORSEMENT TO OPERATE THIS VEHICLE! IF YOU WILL ONLY DRIVE A 3-WHEEL MOTORCYCLE, AND CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE, THE REQUIREMENTS ARE PASSING A WRITTEN TEST. THERE IS NO ROAD TEST FOR 3-WHEEL MOTORCYCLE LICENSE ONLY!
    Can you tell me where you came across this info? Can't find anything on the BMV site and last I knew a road test was required (also an inquiry to the BMV also said a road test was required for a 3-wheel endorsement....though it wouldn't be the first time the answered a question wrong)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default The Ohio Laws Keep Changing

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo The Hobo View Post
    Can you tell me where you came across this info? Can't find anything on the BMV site and last I knew a road test was required (also an inquiry to the BMV also said a road test was required for a 3-wheel endorsement....though it wouldn't be the first time the answered a question wrong)
    My original post was written based on my prior knowledge. With three wheeled motorcycle becoming more and more popular, the laws have apparently changed over time and apparently there is now a driving test. You will find the necessary requirements by clicking on this link:

http://www.publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/mop0001.pdf

The requirements of the test appear to be quite simple. The test for 3-wheeled vehicles can be found on page VI: http://www.publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/mop0001.pdf

Another significant change in the law since I wrote my original post is in regards to the Polaris Slingshot. Because it had three wheels, it to was considered a motorcycle in the past but in the fall of last year, 2016, it was removed from the definition of motorcycle by law.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...A7Nq5iswfdFNN/

These following links should also be helpful.

http://bmv.ohio.gov/dl-mo-motorcycle.aspx

http://www.motorcycle.ohio.gov/

GOOD LUCK!!
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 05-06-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the response, I figured something must have changed over time, but given the slingshot requirements, I wasn't sure if the spyder's fell under the same law or not and couldn't really find anything specific on the BMV site (and even their own people couldn't really point me in the right direction, no real surprise there though....LOL)

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

YOU MUST BE A LICENSED DRIVER WITH A MOTORCYCLE ENDORSEMENT TO OPERATE THIS VEHICLE! IF YOU WILL ONLY DRIVE A 3-WHEEL MOTORCYCLE, AND CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE, THE REQUIREMENTS ARE PASSING A WRITTEN TEST. THERE IS NOW A ROAD TEST FOR 3-WHEEL MOTORCYCLE LICENSE ONLY! IF YOU HAVE A MOTORCYCLE ENDORSEMENT FOR 2-WHEEL MOTORCYCLE, YOU ARE COVERED ALREADY. Please read the post written further down that explains the Ohio laws further.

Actually, Ohio does have a road test for three wheelers. You are correct that if you have a two wheel endorsement on your license you need nothing further to ride a three wheeler. If you do not have an MC endorsement you must take the written test then the three wheel driving test, same course just a little wider. If you do this then you cannot operate a two wheeler.

The Spyder and the conventional trikes are still considered under the classification of an MC because they have handlebars and the rider straddles the engine in an open vehicle.

Joe
    Last edited by Buckeye Bleau; 05-09-2017 at 05:04 AM.
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate