Spyder Garage

Default Any Spyders in / near Mount Gambier?

Greetings fellow Spyder riders in Australia, I've got a friend flying down through Adelaide to Mount Gambier where his wife's family lives.
    Does anyone know any Spyder riders in the MG area? Jerry has been riding 2 wheel motorcycles for many years and is thinking of making the switch.
    We're gonna have inches to feet of snow here in Minnesota and he's gonna be visiting down there for a few weeks. He'd really like to get a ride on a Spyder, preferably an RT style before buying one up here in MN.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..

There are 325 listed member in Australia and I'm sure many more nonmembers. Would have to know what city is close...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Mount Gambier is the city they'll be staying in. Can I pull up a list by Australian postal code?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What date is your friend in Adelaide - my gambier?

There is a Spydermuster at end of March in Hahndorf in the Adelaide hills - 100+ spyders going - will be great. If the date fits what a great sight for your friend.

Yes there are are a few mt gambier riders. Best contact route may be Facebook site ozspyderryders - seem to be lots of south Australians.

peter a will chip in I'm sure! He lives in the Adelaide hills.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I'm just over 4 hours away from Mt Gambier in the Adelaide Hills, so not far from the big City either. I reckon there are a few Spyder ryders down Mt Gambier way who might be able to help or at least welcome them to Aust; there's one I know who definitely frequents the OzSpyderRyders Forum so you may be able to reach her via that, just not sure if she ever comes on here; & there are a few others down that way, but I don't believe are on this or any other Forum nor are they on Faceache (like so many if the rest of us ) so they might be a bit hard to catch up with! However, there could be some on the OzSpyderRyders Faceache page & there is a pretty helpful Dealer just up the road in Naracoorte who usually keeps an eye on that too - Naracoorte's a smidge over an hour away from Mt Gambier & almost an hour closer to me via the main drag..... Altho if they are flying they are going to miss out on all the fantastic scenery along the Coorong & around the Lakes that make up the end & Mouth of the Murray River, which is our biggest River here in Aust!! And of course they'll miss that part of the fantastic Princes Highway, our Highway 1, which is one of the longest National Highways in the world (I think it's about 14500km, which works out to about 9000 miles) - but their kidneys will certainly thank them!!

Still, like Loisk said, when are they here?? The end of March & the first couple of days of April there's a lot of Ozzie Spyder Ryders gonna be here in the Hills for our Spyder Muster, and I'm sure we could find some way to get em up here from the city if we can contact them/they can contact us, it's less than an hour from the airport to the Hahndorf Resort, where we'll be for most nights of the Muster.... but we will be off doing things & ryding during the days!! Drop me a PM if you don't want to publish too much detail in the open, but either way, if you give me some details I can forward it all on & see if we can get anyone to contact them when they are in town.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-23-2017 at 03:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

Loisk and Peter, Thanks for the info, I'll pass that along to Jerry, Jerry's wife is from Mt Gambier and She's back visiting her daughter who's expecting soon.
    Jerry doesn't fly down until the 3rd and isn't on this board yet (as he's still a 2 wheeler thinking about his first spyder). He's familiar with Naracoorte and has
    the dealer's name and number there already. He's hoping he can arrange a demo ride at least.
    Pretty sure he's back here in MN the week of the 20th (though maybe the following week/weekend) I'll pass all this along to him.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020