Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER HORN UPGRADE

I was thinking of changing out my stock horn on my 2015 Spyder. I would like a deeper tone. I don't need a air horn. I'm looking for simple installation ( I know, Aren't we ALL). Anybody got information on this.

Thanks

Doug

Spyder Garage

Default Wolo

Wolo was very easy to install. Lots of threads on this. Wolo (419) Bad Boy Air Horn - 12 Volt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F5DQWY..._wZDRyb5BBHDBC
    Rawhide Kid
    2014 Spyder RT Limited. Cognac
    Goodyear, AZ

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wolo's Bad Boy, and Stebel's Nautilus are just like two peas in a pod... pick the one that you can get the best price on!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is what we put in. Very loud.

I'm going to put one on the Daytona when I find where that sucker is..........:roflblac k:

Spyder Garage

Default Wolo

I got the Wolo from Spyderpops comes with mounting hardware and is simple 2 screws and 2 wires. Wires have ends already, unplug one, plug in the other. Great set up, no more beep beep. Great safety upgrade.
    2019 F3T , Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a WOLO. Plenty loud!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey Doc!
    Thanks for making our MikeT famous!!
    (Mike... Hugs to your Bride!)

Spyder Garage

Red face WOLO horn

I just installed one so simple I had to find something else to do to stay outside away from sister in law easy job 15 minutes or less
    Loving the RYDE

Spyder Garage

Junk yard, $5.

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Other Wolo.....

Has anyone tried these?
    wolohorn.jpg
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Try this....

Your local autoparts store. They have some louder ones similar to the stock ones easy swap....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Check out the Wolo 619, same size as the 419 but a tone like a tugboat!

john

Spyder Garage

Dumb me, I figured to save myself the trouble of installing a WOLO myself, and let the dealer-who-shall-not-be-named (I don't go there anymore) install it while the recall work was being done on my 2013 RTL. I supplied the horn, relay and in-line fuse. When I went to pick up the Spyder, I was presented with an invoice for 3 hours @ $99.00/hour to install the horn. I could feel the volcano in me ready to erupt, but kept my cool. I asked to speak to the owner of the dealership. I very calmly explained that there was no way it could possibly take 3 hours to install a horn. He offered to cut the labor time & price in half. I offered to call the DMV and report them for price gouging. He then offered 1 hour. I pulled out my cell phone, looked up on the wall where the required shop rates, etc. along with the complaint number for the DMV are posted, and started dialing. He then very quickly offered to wipe the slate clean and not charge me anything for the install as a "goodwill gesture" because I was such a "valued customer". I started to ask him why, if he was willing to do it for nothing, try to charge me for 3 hours labor, but I kept my mouth shut, walked away, got on the Spyder, rode off and never looked (or went) back. Amazing what some dealers will try to put over on their customers.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Dumb me, I figured to save myself the trouble of installing a WOLO myself, and let the dealer-who-shall-not-be-named (I don't go there anymore) install it while the recall work was being done on my 2013 RTL. I supplied the horn, relay and in-line fuse. When I went to pick up the Spyder, I was presented with an invoice for 3 hours @ $99.00/hour to install the horn. I could feel the volcano in me ready to erupt, but kept my cool. I asked to speak to the owner of the dealership. I very calmly explained that there was no way it could possibly take 3 hours to install a horn. He offered to cut the labor time & price in half. I offered to call the DMV and report them for price gouging. He then offered 1 hour. I pulled out my cell phone, looked up on the wall where the required shop rates, etc. along with the complaint number for the DMV are posted, and started dialing. He then very quickly offered to wipe the slate clean and not charge me anything for the install as a "goodwill gesture" because I was such a "valued customer". I started to ask him why, if he was willing to do it for nothing, try to charge me for 3 hours labor, but I kept my mouth shut, walked away, got on the Spyder, rode off and never looked (or went) back. Amazing what some dealers will try to put over on their customers.
    The 2013 RT is a bear to install an after market horn in. When I did mine there were only two really good options I could see, add trumpets and squeeze the compressor in above the oil tank, or install something like a Bad Boy in place of the OEM horn. Neither option was a straight forward simple job! I went with the trumpets. I liked them so well I did the same thing for my 2014 even though there is plenty of room where the oil tank was in the 2013.

Your dealer may have screwed you, but I would say nowhere nearly as bad as you think he tried to.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I did the same with the Stebel Nautilus. First farkle I added! Safety first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    This is what we put in. Very loud.

I'm going to put one on the Daytona when I find where that sucker is..........:roflblac k:

How did you get the panel off without taking the mirror off?

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had a horn installed at a rally. I don't know the brand but it looks like a Wolo.... It is not as loud as I expected as I have one on my Gold Wing trike and it is much louder. The installer did not install a relay, telling me it was not needed. Should I install a relay? Thanks

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi George!
    They usually need the relay in order to get their "singing voices" up to full song...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Bob. I will get one and put it on. It sure can't hurt.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Ordered mine through Spyderpops, super loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Shooter
    972-467-8077