Default Wheelchair mount

Need one for a rs 2009 any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HM1 Nathaniel V. Mitchell, USN, CC-NREMT-P

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nyfdtsdemt View Post
    Need one for a rs 2009 any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am looking into this same thing, not to get into a long discussion...I have a rigid chair, the back folds down..that's it. Now underneath the seat a bar ruins across the same length of the seat. I had this idea of welding a backrest tab that slides down into the seat. I hope this comes out right....you know the metal piece on the bottom of the back rest that allows you to remove the backrest when not in use. Well my wheelchair will fit perfectly over the back of the seat. If I welded a backrest mount on the bottom of the wheelchair, it seems that I could simply pick up the chair over the back of the seat and using the same mounting hardware the backrest uses slide the seat in the hole...a bungie cord to hold it down. I did this on my cell phone so it might be a little messy but do you guys get what I am trying to say here. This project is one of a few still to be done but since someone else asked too...I had to at least try to explain my idea, yes just an idea. Still have the gas tank and seat to do next. The seal floorboards are perfect for my legs and feet. Put some rough grip tape down on the floorboards to prevent slipping...I have been riding now for a couple of weeks now and feel very safe using these boards. Sorry I haven't posted an update, its been great weather in texas for riding....so i have been taking advantage of it.

What do you think of my idea for a wheelchair mount....changes nothing on the bike. Oh and the cushion simply gets stuffed under the backrest bar when it's folded down. Bungie cord to hold in place.

Don't care for the tapatalk app much but its great for reading post...hope this explains my wheelchair mount..please comment!

Rickp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro