Thread: Need Help

Spyder Garage

Default Need Help

2011 RTL / SE5 having issues. Idles roughly at start up then smoothes out for approximately 7 - 10 minutes before shutting off. Showing codes P2279 an P0106. Would like to hear from the group before taking to the dealer.
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Spyder Garage

P2279 is intake air system leak & P0106 is Manifold absolute pressure circuit range/ performance. Not sure what the fix is though.

Spyder Garage

Could be the vacuum hoses around the throttle body. They suffer from heat, crack & you get air leaks causing rough running.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver

Spyder Garage

Yep, if you havent replaced to 2 hoses. They are way over due. I just did our 2011 RTS last week. They are the 2 red hoses in the pics. I used the napa lines.

And this is what my stock lines looked like from an 2011 RTS w/ 15k miles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by M109Dreamer; 02-09-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Default ALSO.....

Check the intake boots/manifolds for the throttle body. They do the same thing but start with the hoses shown above. Quick check for the manifolds is the Rev the engine and spray WD40 around them. If the rpm's change they are leaking and high temperature silicone will be a temporary fix till you can change them...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Spyder Garage

M109Dreamer - thanks for the info. Is this on the right or left side?
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Spyder Garage

The hoses are on the left side. You can get to them without taking the air box off, but it is tight. How many miles on you bike? If it is time for spark plugs and wires, take off the air box. Change the air filter while you are there.

Get the plugs and wires from BajaRon.
    2011 RTS
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    US Navy Veteran
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    Vice President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Vacuum Hises

So, I have found that my front hose is definitely cracked wide open and the other one has sura e cracks. The back hose looks like it is easy to replace; however, the front one is a pain. Do you have to loosen the Bosh Controller to make it easier to replace the front hose or is there some other way. Do I have to remove the air box?
    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Yep, if you havent replaced to 2 hoses. They are way over due. I just did our 2011 RTS last week. They are the 2 red hoses in the pics. I used the napa lines.

And this is what my stock lines looked like from an 2011 RTS w/ 15k miles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When you replace the hoses: use high quality silicon hose of the same size. It'll outlast the bike!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigal1951 View Post
    So, I have found that my front hose is definitely cracked wide open and the other one has sura e cracks. The back hose looks like it is easy to replace; however, the front one is a pain. Do you have to loosen the Bosh Controller to make it easier to replace the front hose or is there some other way. Do I have to remove the air box?
    You might need a needle nose pliers to pull the old hose off. If it still wont budge use a knife to slice the side of the old hose at the fitting. Use the old hose as a pattern to get the exact length when you cut the new replacement to length. It's not as difficult as it seems.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigal1951 View Post
    Sorry, for the late response I'm not on very much anymore since SL doesn't support TapaTalk. You don't have to remove anything, just either cut the old ones off or what I did was twist the lines to brake the seal and then they just pulled straight off. When you do replace them you will want to make sure that you use the same length of tubing. I just took the old ones off and measured those and then just cut the new tubing to the same length.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Where did you get that air filter assembly from? Do you have the brand and part number?

Spyder Garage

K&N air filter. Go to their website, order it. NAPA has the vacuum lines in silicone.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dg110270 View Post
    Where did you get that air filter assembly from? Do you have the brand and part number?
    Get the kit here

http://spyderstore.com/index.php?rou...ory&path=59_68
    2015 F3S, 2018 F3L

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?