Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I HATE SNOW

Spyder Garage

Default I HATE SNOW

well so far we have about two inches of the white stuff. they are saying that we can end up with 12 inches of it today. i used to love going out and spending time in the snow, but lately i have been full of pains. on monday i went for a MRI of my neck, and found out some of the pains i have are herniated disks in my neck, pressing on the cord. the doctor also said they are in a place that is too dangerous to do anything about. i asked about shots that might help, and again he said too dangerous. lucky for me he gave me pain pills for it. so later when i do the snow, i will take a pill if i am hurting, and zone out the rest of the day.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just came inside from my "Winter Aerobics"...
    You guys are definitely going to take the biggest shot from this storm: we've only got six inches of the white fungus down, and it's already slowing up!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Becareful and take it easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer...

Hope the pain killers do the job...there is a cannabis lotion that can do wonders well you know out here we can grow our own, daughter had oral surgery and just added some magic cookies to her shake and said it did a much better job that the pain pills... hope the storm blows by with a minimum amount of snow fall...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

If I were you John, I would look for a warmer climate.

Possibly South Carolina or there about?

At least for the winter anyways.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    If I were you John, I would look for a warmer climate.

Possibly South Carolina or there about?

At least for the winter anyways.
    That's why I moved to South Carolina in 1971. Never looked back.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

i grew up and made my living here in ny. the only way i would move somewhere else is if my sister moved, then i would move close to her. we are very close, and talk every day
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

14 inches on the ground here so far, and still snowing heavily.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am guessing good "Ole Al" was talking about WARM Snow......

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    well so far we have about two inches of the white stuff. they are saying that we can end up with 12 inches of it today. i used to love going out and spending time in the snow, but lately i have been full of pains. on monday i went for a MRI of my neck, and found out some of the pains i have are herniated disks in my neck, pressing on the cord. the doctor also said they are in a place that is too dangerous to do anything about. i asked about shots that might help, and again he said too dangerous. lucky for me he gave me pain pills for it. so later when i do the snow, i will take a pill if i am hurting, and zone out the rest of the day.

Spyder Garage

I've been dealing with disc issues c-3 thru c-7 since 92. The thing that helps me the most is physical therapy and traction daily. Keep moving cause motion is the lotion and **** happens so go fast and stay ahead of it.

Spyder Garage

Default I HATE SNOW

There is a fix for this problem. It is called Phoenix, AZ. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doesn't Phoenix get hit with a haboob every now and then?
    (Is the plural of that "Haboobies"?)

Spyder Garage

i just came in from doing almost the whole block with the machine. i took a pain pill b4 i went out, so not too bad right now
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Doesn't Phoenix get hit with a haboob every now and then?
    (Is the plural of that "Haboobies"?)
    They get them pretty regular these days. A desert sandstorm that pretty much blocks everything out. Probably not to great for the air filters and such in vehicles.

We get similar when Mt. Spur (the volcano goes off every twenty years or so).

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We only got an inch last night. I wont need to use the snowblower on that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

i grew up and made my living here in ny. the only way i would move somewhere else is if my sister moved, then i would move close to her. we are very close, and talk every day
    That's exactly what I did. We lived in Yonkers. My sister moved to SC in 1970, then I moved here in 1971.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    They get them pretty regular these days. A desert sandstorm that pretty much blocks everything out.
    Sandstorms do happen a couple times a year, but I've never had to shovel the walk or driveway after one. [emoji6] We also get monsoon storms. And we have rattlesnakes and scorpions mountain lions and bears and javalina and everything is either poisonous or covered with thorns, sometimes both. Oh, and it is sometimes 100 degrees Fahrenheit at midnight on the hottest summer days. (Hopefully, this post will keep more people from coming out here every winter and clogging the roads.) [emoji33]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your description reminds me of a line in a movie; I only wish that I could remember which one!
    It went like this:
    "If I owned this place and Hell: I'd rent this place out, and live in Hell!"

EDIT: It fell out of my head...
    It was from Toombs, as he was describing the Planet Crematoria in "The Chronicles of Riddick".
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 02-09-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Snow

Here in the Montpelier( area) Vermont only 2 to 3 inches, and cold. I am fine. Going to work tomorrow.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On the reasonably light impact in your area!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This could be a whole lot worse than what it is. It could be me in Missouri getting snow. I will be riding tomorrow and Saturday.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    14 inches on the ground here so far, and still snowing heavily.
    I think I would rather have the snow than the 3/4" of freezing rain we got Tuesday night. Now, everything is coated in a nice thick layer of ice. When I walk on top of it in my yard, it breaks and I drop almost a foot. Hard to walk on and even harder for our dog.

I had to get the neighbour to plow it because it was too hard for me to move. Snowblower was absolutely no help.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Mt Rose Ski resort

The above named ski resort ( 11 minutes and 2700 feet above my house) has gotten 510" + of snow this season. Yes that is over 42 FEET of snow fall this season. There is over 15 feet of snow no the ground( average) and the expect 1 to 3 feet tonite as we have an "atmospheric river" hitting us today. The amount of snow is mind boggling but the Sierra Nevada dose get just about more snow than most mt. ranges.

Kaos

This post is about Mt. Rose ski resort in Nevada. USA. It is just east of Lake Tahoe, California/Nevada. Check the " Snow Report" portion of site at www.mtrose.com for factual information about snow received this season. A google search will give pages and pictures of where I've skied for decades. or just go to www.mtrose.com
    Last edited by Lew L; 02-10-2017 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Clairfaction. speeling, and punctuation
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Tuesday morning we had a couple inches of what most folks would call wet snow. I called it pre-slush. By 2 PM it was mostly melted into 2" of slush.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Hey Kaos, I can only assume that you put 'THe above named...' name in the post title field?!?

Any chance you could edit your post to include that info in the text? Or maybe just tell us what the resort name actually is??

There are quite a few of us who NEVER get to see anything anyone puts in that field apart from the title from the very first poster.... so I can tell you that 'I HATE SNOW' is the thread title, but your post just doesn't make much sense when that is ALL that I can see from the field immediately above your post! And despite trying to search on the info you provided in the text, it doesn't narrow things down much at all.

I really wish that 'title' field could be entirely disabled for everyone except the first poster in a thread; or at least that following/replying posters just wouldn't use it at all - that'd help soooo many of us to make sense of some posts instead of just leaving us guessing....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-10-2017 at 01:16 AM.