Spyder Garage

Default F3-T Like GoldWing

I really like the features and specs of the F3-T. My problem is I have a 2008 Goldwing and like the seating and foot position. Tried some Harley cruiser type bikes and not used to the foot forward. Can the F3 be adjusted to be more like the RS sitting so its similar to the wing?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With the U-Fit system: you've got a fair amount of adjustability.
    My advice would be to go to a dealer, and see if they'll let you experiment with the various options.
    Good luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RT?

The RT would give you more of a GW seating position I think. Depending on how tall you are, the U-Fit can move the legs crack some, but not like the RS.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Did you try.....

The RT would get you there. The adjustable footing on the F3 may help if your not to tall but you will not get to the RS and the Wing is more of the RT position. Good long test ryde might do the trick...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Salemons View Post
    I really like the features and specs of the F3-T. My problem is I have a 2008 Goldwing and like the seating and foot position. Tried some Harley cruiser type bikes and not used to the foot forward. Can the F3 be adjusted to be more like the RS sitting so its similar to the wing?
    Know where you're coming from on the feet forward thing! I had exactly the same reservations before I bought my F3-S.
    If you're planning on the paddle change version I wouldn't worry as the only thing your feet (Right foot) have to do is operate the brake pedal. By the time I had driven 50 miles I was acclimatized and very happy with the comfort. I added some foot boards and Nirvana was achieved! P1040315.jpg

Spyder Garage

Look at the Seal boards for the f 3. They run the whole length. That's what I would get.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

IMO--the RT version is much more like the GW. The F3 is more of a cruiser fit and feel.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Another option to consider for an alternate foot position that is more sport tourer-like on the F3 is to add Lamont's third peg option. This will give you an option to have your feet under you while eating up miles on the road. It's not a foot position you'd use much around town in stop and go traffic, but it can be used quite frequently otherwise. I came off of a BMW K1600 GTL and use the third peg location occasionally.
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

I agree that if you are wanting a Can-Am Goldwing you need to go with a RT. I have had all three. A Goldwing, A RT and now an F3-T. The problem I have is that the RT does not corner at speed as well as the Goldwing. Others will tell you that they will but if you ride aggressively at all the RT will fall behind. The F3 is totally different in the way it handles and is as fast or faster than most two wheelers in corners. RT riders jump on but these are my observations and have owned over 50 bikes and have owned almost all brands so I have a little experience.

I put the Baja-Ron sway bar on the 2015 RT and had it laser aligned but it still was not enough.

I like the seating position of the F3.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBill View Post
    I agree that if you are wanting a Can-Am Goldwing you need to go with a RT. I have had all three. A Goldwing, A RT and now an F3-T. The problem I have is that the RT does not corner at speed as well as the Goldwing. Others will tell you that they will but if you ride aggressively at all the RT will fall behind. The F3 is totally different in the way it handles and is as fast or faster than most two wheelers in corners. RT riders jump on but these are my observations and have owned over 50 bikes and have owned almost all brands so I have a little experience.

I put the Baja-Ron sway bar on the 2015 RT and had it laser aligned but it still was not enough.

I like the seating position of the F3.

Hope this helps.

Bill
    So your saying the stock F3 T handles even better than an RT with Baja ron swaybar. If so will have to test ride one.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Yes in my opinion there is no comparison but please test ride one for yourself. Everyone is different but my wife rides and shares my opinion and loves to ride the F3-T. It is actually her bike. I had an F3-S and traded it for a Ducati Monster 1200S.

We both still have HD's also.

Thanks
    Bill