Spyder Garage

Default Two Brothers Racing S1R Slip-on Muffler

Anyone installed the Two Brothers Racing S1R Slip-on muffler for the F3? I've seen several videos and the sound is deeper and louder than the stock muffler.

Papa Smurf's Akrapovic Sinister Silencer doesn't sound as deep as the TBR S1R, but it does sound better than the stock muffler.
    Will I void my CanAm warranty by adding the Akrapovid SS? I know I will if I add the TBR S1R.

Prices: $1100 for the Akrapovic SS and $600 for the TBR S1R.

I read the below thread about the TBR which was from 2008, but want to hear some new/different comments:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=twobrother

Just interested in what you all think.
    2015 F3S SE6

2015 F3S SE6 , CanAm Red

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it...

The akrapovich pipes are stock on some brp models so one can be sure they would not void your warranty. TBR's will always be louder if not only because of less mass. The whole warranty issue is still and always will be ...only if the item replaced or installed is proven to have directly caused the problem being claimed... as for updated opinions...don't know I love my Yoshimura R77
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 9tda1dr View Post
    Anyone installed the Two Brothers Racing S1R Slip-on muffler for the F3? I've seen several videos and the sound is deeper and louder than the stock muffler.

Papa Smurf's Akrapovic Sinister Silencer doesn't sound as deep as the TBR S1R, but it does sound better than the stock muffler.
    Will I void my CanAm warranty by adding the Akrapovid SS? I know I will if I add the TBR S1R.

I read the below thread about the TBR which was from 2008, but want to hear some new/different comments:

The Akrapovic is much deeper and louder than the stock silencer. All the vids made with and played on cell phones don't seem to have good sound bites.
    I believe there is a law where your warranty can not be voided due to the installation of an aftermarket product unless is causes the failure. The key word there is causes. I have had multiple exhaust configurations on my F3S and STS. My dealer service techs have never said anything negative. The Voo Doo setup I built was very loud. They loved it.
    I bought the Akrapovic on eBay for $850 with free shipping and no sales tax. It took less than five minutes to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Have you tried just the bypass pipe with your stock F3-S muffler? Its a great sound with the shorty F3-S muffler. We always suggest our clients start with that upgrade first before deciding to replace the muffler itself.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Have you tried just the bypass pipe with your stock F3-S muffler? Its a great sound with the shorty F3-S muffler. We always suggest our clients start with that upgrade first before deciding to replace the muffler itself.
    Yes I used the bypass with and without the baffle in the delete pipe. It sounded ok but not as deep or loud as the Akrapovic. I have tried different combinations to get away from the riding lawnmower sound, lol! The voodoo I built before they came out with the F3 version was very loud but not as deep as the Akrapovic.

Spyder Garage

This is mine, I got it from Pit Bull Powersports. The rpm naries from idle to 4,000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pauVpEu3ZU
    Last edited by Devious56; 02-05-2017 at 04:42 PM.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    No I haven't. Can you explain how to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2015 F3S SE6

2015 F3S SE6 , CanAm Red

Spyder Garage

No I haven't. Can you explain how to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You
    can purchase the primary muffler bypass pipe and baffle from Lamonster Garage. See the front page of this forum for a link to his site.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

VERY easy to install. I have one for sale at an EXCELLENT price - Two Brothers Stainless Steel. Totaled my bike [2015 F3]
    . Like new. Let me know if you are interested?

Spyder Garage

I have the two bros and I love it. I added the power tip https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which quiets it down 7-8db if that is what your concern is. keep looking and you can buy a used one for the same price as the bypass pipe.

2015 F3 SE6

Spyder Garage

The video shot with my iPhone 6s makes the Akrapovic SS sound pretty canny. It is actually deeper sounding. We will never get the same frequency from a high revving 3cyl as a slower revving VTwin. I have built multiple setups and so far I like this one the most.

Bought my Akrapovic on eBay. Made offer for $850 and they accepted.

As far as the warranty goes. They can't void your warranty for installing aftermarket. They can deny a warranty claim if they can prove the aftermarket component caused the failure.

Spyder Garage

Default Very satisfied with S1R

I replaced original silencer with TBR S1R with the P1X Power Tip. I wear ear plugs so sound is well dampened. I wanted black to match F3 S so sent silencer and header pipe to Bonehead Performance for black ceramic coat. I think about $115 total including shipping.

Spyder Garage

Default Two Brothers S1R

I have the Two Brothers S1R on my 2016 F3-S with the by pass pipe .
    Had to quieten it down . I am partially deaf and it still was too noisey.
    So I made a baffle for it and now its not too bad.
    Cheers
    Doug