Thread: Highway Pegs

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Highway Pegs

Owner of 2013 RT. Standard seat and I am 6ft tall. Trying to decide between the Lamonster FBB or the NBV.

I am familar with the installations of both but I was wondering from folks that have them which they find more comfortable.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I installed the NBV pegs on my '14 RTL. I ended up not using them that much. I am 5' 7". They didn't feel like they were angled right. I was more comfortable just moving my feet around on the floorboards. I think a taller person will be happier with and use the FBB pegs.

Spyder Garage

Default Hwy Pegs

I put NBV on my 2011RT after several long vacation trips..500+ miles daily.....thought I would like to stretch out and change position of my legs....not as comfortable as I thought they would be...pegs actually make the legs move away from seat and become uncomfortable after short period of time in that position...I am 6'.

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I originally installed the FBB mounted pegs on my 2014 RT, then took them off after a month or two and installed the NBV.

The FBB mount put the pegs on the outside front of the floorboards, which means that you've got to really spread your legs to use them. I'm very stiff, and I found this very uncomfortable. I installed some FBBs on another friend's bike and he had a similar reaction.

The NBV mount in front of the floorboards and I like them much better. The Spyder flares toward the front so these also require some spreading, but with the NBV require less than the FBB. One note - When I ryde I don't use these a whole lot unless I'm on an extended trip, usually on the interstate. The floorboards allow for quite a bit of movement and in general it is enough for me. (I also have the Ultimate Tall Boy seat, so I already sit back a bit farther).

In my opinion the NBV are more comfortable and more usable..
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

I have a 2011 SM5 RT and I'm 6' tall. I love my NBV's. Like some of the previous comments, you need to flare out a bit, but the design of the Spyder dictates this. They will be one of the first farkles to the next Spyder I purchase.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

Default have you seen Baker Builts?

I am not familiar with Lamonsters highway pegs but if you are still looking for options feel free to check out Baker Builts. Requires no drilling simply fast and sturdy mounting. If you have any questions feel free to let us know. You can find us at www.bakerbuiltairwings.com or email us at info@bakerbuilt.com

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for the input. It helps.