Spyder Garage

Default Can a J&M handlebar CB be installed through the Can-Am radio?

Can a J&M handlebar CB be installed through the Can-Am radio?
    Its a 2012 RT Limited with a Can-am AM-FM radio.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderfly View Post
    Can a J&M handlebar CB be installed through the Can-Am radio?
    Its a 2012 RT Limited with a Can-am AM-FM radio.
    No.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Your only option is bluetooth, a BT CB adapter, and add-on PTT button.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Yes it can!
    If you run the audio output from the CB to the GPS wires to the radio, OR to the RDO-2 input wires for the ENT harness, it will work.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Let's clarify the situation. I was taking the OP's question as asking if a J & M CB could be connected into the Spyder radio just like the BRP CB is. In that case the answer is no. No CB other than the BRP one can be integrated into the audio system and provide both transmit and receive functions plus the use of the PTT.

Now, if the OP is asking if a J & M CB can be connected to the radio so the audio can be heard over the speakers, then the answer is yes. But in that case he needs some sort of microphone connection into the CB in order to transmit, and an add-on PTT button.

I agree the audio could be connected into the GPS audio in, but then that precludes the use of a GPS. But I'm wondering about connecting into the RDO entertainment harness input. Both the CB and XM receiver have several connections to the radio aside from the audio signal. I expect that the audio unit will not switch to either of those inputs when there is a connection to the audio input in the absence of the other connections. So I think the only input option available is the GPS input, and then only if there is no GPS connected.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Default Midland handheld

I have the midland handheld cb and Bluetooth I love it works great. Motorcycledave makes a cable to run the rt radio thru Bluetooth so I have everything

Spyder Garage

On my 2014, I mounted the JB on the handle bar and use that PPT button. I had my own Garmin 650, so used a ram mount to mount it to the center of the handle bar and used the audio out to go to the rear and plug into the radio with a mini-plug. CB only works through the headsets, media player works through bike and headsets, and mics work as IC and CB. We also have mic-mutes to cut the extra noise when talking together. I think that's how I did it.