Spyder Garage

Default 2011 RTS/SE5 - JT's Air Filter Question???

I have just installed JT's air filter and have a question before I start putting everything back together.

I have pulled off the air filter housing top, the piece that goes to the resonator.

Is there really a need to pull the resonator, or can I just leave it in place? It looks a lot more indepth to take out, and if its just gonna sit there anyways is there a reason to dig it out?
    Thanks,
    Patiently waiting in the garage...
    Shane

After pulling the stock airbox out, I have a real hatred towards engineers......[emoji35]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Not required, but.....

Well Shane. If you do decide to pull it, you'll have an even bigger hatred for engineers.

It's not going to hurt anything to keep it in there. But if you really want to maximize the airflow under the body work and to those components on the front of the motor, such as the throttle body actuator, as well as to open up access for maintenance, it helps all of that if you remove it. It also helps to remove the frunk to make removing it easier.

To do it, you'll need to also drop that left side lateral support down out of the way, which will also require unplugging some harness connectors and cutting some cable ties. It also helps to get just a little mad at it.

So no matter what you decide, good luck with it. And double check that you have everything plugged back in.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default What he said....

or as some less patient members have done...cut it out. This of course if you never plan to use it again...so glad mine is an RS cause that airbox just pops out...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Ok, thanks. I already have the frunk out but looked at removing the right side lateral brace had a bunch more crap on it. Ok, I think I will leave it for now till the next time I do the plugs again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!