Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Trying to buy F3-T

I just would like your opinion on an issue I am having with a dealer that I am trying to buy from...
    They have 2 F3-T's that are exactly the same, my issue is they had one sold and registered it and then the buyer backed out. The warranty started when they did the paperwork in oct. They wont sell the other one until they sell the one with the warranty clock already running. Am I making too big of a deal about the warranty issue? They said if I wanted it they would discount a year of the best warranty $250. Let me know what you think, Thank you

Spyder Garage

Default Deal for all 3 years of the BEST extended

Quote Originally Posted by oldwarriorrider View Post
    I just would like your opinion on an issue I am having with a dealer that I am trying to buy from...
    They have 2 F3-T's that are exactly the same, my issue is they had one sold and registered it and then the buyer backed out. The warranty started when they did the paperwork in oct. They wont sell the other one until they sell the one with the warranty clock already running. Am I making too big of a deal about the warranty issue? They said if I wanted it they would discount a year of the best warranty $250. Let me know what you think, Thank you
    That would be the way I roll....but then I resist when a dealer "appears" to hold me hostage....
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Tell the dealer to throw in the full three years of best warranty. The longer they hold it, the more difficult it will be to sell. Dont let the dealer dictate what you do or do not buy
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can always push for the new and unregistered bike. Ask them how they'd feel about losing the sale.
    Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Hang in there....

They are not the only ones selling F3's. If they want the sale and you want the new one they will deal. If they give you the extended that would work. Not knowing the dealing prices hard to say....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Try Ollie's in Alexandria mn they are a good dealer to work with.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Just buy it

A few months off the warranty is worthless. Buy it. Buy it today. Buy it and ride it. If its a lemon you'll know in a few months (not years) and the warranty will care for it. Most brands only offer 12 months anyway. The Can Am roadside is a joke. They offer "up to $200.00 and then say some areas are void. A few months is meaningless.

Adding an update to my post.

When I went to my dealer he had two F3s Specials. One was a test bike (I test rode this bike) and another new one that was still in the grate. Had this dealership told me I had to buy the used one I would have walked away. He allowed me to look inside the crate and copy the VIN making sure I bought the new one. The bike you are looking at has as you stated "0" miles but as another poster notes it is USED by law. This will negatively effect the resale in years to come so a discount is in order.
    Last edited by Road-Kill; 01-30-2017 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Change of heart

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Unless it is a smoking deal, I would walk out and go somewhere else. I will not let a dealer dictate how and on what I spend my money.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Unless it is a smoking deal, I would walk out and go somewhere else. I will not let a dealer dictate how and on what I spend my money.

Agree.

Almost sounds like the bike is consignment or the buyers wife said no.

What is the actual miles on it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Agree.

The bike is a brand new 2016 with 0 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    The dealer has both bikes discounted 6K off list price

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ndspyderlover View Post
    Try Ollie's in Alexandria mn they are a good dealer to work with.
    I will give them a call, I'm just trying to get the best deal I can and it seems like the dealers in MN don't discount the carry over bikes like they do in other states.
    I bought my current ST in Texas and saved 5k over what the dealers in MN were selling for.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Agree.

Your wife may dictate what you buy, but mine does not! I'm not made of money so just trying to get the best deal I can.

Spyder Garage

Default RUN LIKE HELL

I'D RUN LIKE HELL AWAY FROM THIS DEALER.....
    THEY WON'T SELL THE OTHER UNIT PRIOR TO SELLING THE 'USED' ONE.....???? THAT'S BS OF THE HIGHEST MAGNITUDE....
    FIND ANOTHER DEALER FAST... AND KEEP IN MIND, IF THEY ARE TREATING YOU LIKE THIS NOW - WHAT WILL YOU EXPECT WHEN IT COMES TO SERVICING YOUR SPYD3R LATER...?
    RUN RUN RUN.....
    jmho
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Your wife may dictate what you buy, but mine does not! I'm not made of money so just trying to get the best deal I can.
    I could he wrong, but it think he was referring to the wife of the first buyer, not yours.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    I could he wrong, but it think he was referring to the wife of the first buyer, not yours.
    Oops, that makes sense. My bad

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    THEY WON'T SELL THE OTHER UNIT PRIOR TO SELLING THE 'USED' ONE.....???? THAT'S BS OF THE HIGHEST MAGNITUDE....
    FIND ANOTHER DEALER FAST... AND KEEP IN MIND, IF THEY ARE TREATING YOU LIKE THIS NOW - WHAT WILL YOU EXPECT WHEN IT COMES TO SERVICING YOUR SPYD3R LATER...?
    RUN RUN RUN.....
    jmho
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    The only good thing about service is I will never use this dealer, they are 700 miles from me. Just looking to buy from them.
    I have let them stew about it for a week, so I will call tomorrow and if they don't want to sell thend I will go to a different dealer. I have found a couple hundred 2016''s that are discounted pretty heavily.

Spyder Garage

The BS meter is running at full. Think what else the dealer may have in store for you if issues occur. You are entitled to buy whatever you want. They cannot force you to buy x. It is not your problem or issue that someone else cancelled after the paper work was issued. That is "their" problem.

I would run, run, run, from that dealer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The only good thing about service is I will never use this dealer, they are 700 miles from me. Just looking to buy from them.
    I have let them stew about it for a week, so I will call tomorrow and if they don't want to sell thend I will go to a different dealer. I have found a couple hundred 2016''s that are discounted pretty heavily.
    Did you check iMotorsports near Chicago? I've heard good things about them, and they deliver.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS F-3 & THIS DEALER !!!!

The dealer registered this Spyder ??? ....to who ??? ..... in order to register ..... It has to have an owner .... This is a USED SPYDER ....NOT NEW ...... and like others have stated this Stealership makes me very concerned about their business practices ........ Hope you don't get screwed ........ Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    RUN RUN RUN.....
    jmho
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

RUN, RUN , RUN , RUN AWAY FROM THE DEALERSHIP!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

RUN Forrest RUN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm with everyone else. Go somewhere else to buy. Or get them to make a much, much better offer.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I'm with everyone else, go elsewhere. If it's been titled already, it's technically used and you will be listed as the second owner, even if it has 0 miles. Something is fishy. I'm not saying anything is wrong with bike, but that's just shady buisiness practice what they are doing. And why would they let the previous owner walk away from the bike after it was titled. You would think they already paid for it or financed it. I've never had a motorcycle or a car dealer register my vehicle before I paid them.
    Last edited by armyspydervet; 01-29-2017 at 06:27 PM.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6