Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compressor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baron14y View Post
    Why would it leak down to 20 psi and then stay there?
    How did you shut the compressor off and how did you hook the bag up to the Schrader? If the hose is going straight from the bag to the Schrader, and you have bubble checked it for leaks I don't know why it would go to 20lb's and stay there. If you are just blowing it up still hooked to the system then like Peter said the systems still dumping you bag out,or leaking by, you got to hook direct from bag to valve! The fittings have a push button on the end, you have to push in on the tube and push the end of the fitting hard, then pull out on the tube and wiggle, it should come out! Clean the fitting and tube first to keep the dirt out of the way, makes the job easyer!!! If you need fittings or tubing you should be able to get everything you need at any Napa or auto parts store that handles heavy truck parts!! Good luck it's not as hard as it sounds, I think I used a new coupling and a short piece of tubing on mine!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I have a 2019 Spyder RT Limited. I have used the Schroeder valve to pump up air to suspension and was wondering if that model even has a compressor ? The manual is vague on the subject.
    2023 RT Limited , Red/ black

Spyder Garage

https://ea77029b4c67f377227e-af9c154...les/12/6_1.png
    Yes it dose!! And my question is why are you pumping your system up manually, and how long will it last before you need to do it again? If you are pumping it up, and have not unplugged anything, it will let the air out of the bag most likely, the minute you put it in gear and roll it forward! If it is not letting air out then your arm on your leveling sensor is not hooked up item 380--390 on that schematic I sent you! That would be my guess.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mikey. The schematic is incomplete it only shows 520 530 and 540 numbers. I appreciate your quick response. I’m new to the Spyder and still ignorant of a lot of how it functions etc. I’m riding 2 up and saw in the manual that 70 lbs. pressure is correct. So that’s why I filled the Schrader valve.
    Anyway it seems to ride fine. I’m just trying to learn how it functions.

Spyder Garage

It's a good system as long as it works like it should, when it don't it sucks! If you have any questions or need help figuring it out, don't be afraid to ask, there are a lot of guys here that have broke there toys here and know how to fix them! cheapcycle is a good resource for part numbers and trying to wrap your head around the bike! Good Luck and happy trails!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Yea this forum is great and has been very helpful to me. I have used cheapcycleparts and their schematics are great.
    I’ve put about 3500 miles on it so far and runs and rides fine so my suspension is probably working just as it should.
    Nice to know it’s got a compressor. Thanks again!

Spyder Garage

I have just replaced the compressor with the Viair 97. It pumps up the air bag great but is very loud. The old compressor wasn't even this loud when it went bad. Any body got words of wisdom?
    We rotated the pump 180° where the check valve points out.