Spyder Garage

Default Spare key 2009 gs

I am looking for the clone key so I can get a spare made. Can someone post the link for a GS to where I can get it from or let me know the key model. I keep reading different things. In addition how can I figure out the code?

Spyder Garage

If you got a working OEM key you can try
    http://www.lockpicks.com/aprilia-sco...23rt5-jma.html.
    I have & recomend a keyport if you want to do away with a key ring
    https://mykeyport.com.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If those keys actually work why is BRP getting $50 for them? Anyone actually using them? Where do you get them cut and programmed?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    If those keys actually work why is BRP getting $50 for them? Anyone actually using them? Where do you get them cut and programmed?
    I got 2 of them. They do work. I had mine cut and programed at a Ace Hardware store. Find a store that has the reader and they can clone it for you.
    David

Spyder Garage

Yes they work. I have one and it works just fine in my 2013 ST. They will work in all models 2008 to 2013. Will not work for any 2014 or later models.

Any local hardware store that can cut and clone keys can make the ZD23RT5 key blank into a clone of an existing working, 2013 or earlier BRP key.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Yes they work. I have one and it works just fine in my 2013 ST. They will work in all models 2008 to 2013. Will not work for any 2014 or later models.

Any local hardware store that can cut and clone keys can make the ZD23RT5 key blank into a clone of an existing working, 2013 or earlier BRP key.
    I just ordered three of PN TP05ZA-9-P. There website says they work up to 2016 and I called them to verify that. They are on back order and will be shipped in a week or so. He said any good locksmith could cut them and they can be programed by any place having a reader. Seems easy to me.

Spyder Garage

Default KEYS

I have A 2013 RT-S, and yes these keys do work, I ordered two of them a couple years ago and got them cloned and cut at my local Ace Hdw. They work great..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just ordered three of PN TP05ZA-9-P. There website says they work up to 2016 and I called them to verify that. They are on back order and will be shipped in a week or so. He said any good locksmith could cut them and they can be programed by any place having a reader. Seems easy to me.
    They do not work on 2014 & later. No one has come up with a clone key post 2013.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    They do not work on 2014 & later. No one has come up with a clone key post 2013.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    I just called again and was assured they will work on a 2016 Can-Am Spyder. Where did you get your info from? I want to make sure.

Spyder Garage

I just called again and was assured they will work on a 2016 Can-Am Spyder. Where did you get your info from? I want to make sure.
    I don't care what they told you. Yes they can cut to match so that they will turn the ignition on or open the locked storage. A T5 chip cannot be programed to start a 2014 and later model. Different technology. Also there are 2 different BRP keys. Depending on the model year it's for.
    Last edited by billybovine; 01-26-2017 at 02:25 PM.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..

Many big key/locksmith shops carry the blanks as well. A few bucks more than online but still under 10.00. Most programing runs about 25.00 so you are out of there for around 35.00...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default More checking.

I got back to the company selling the key and talked to what was supposed to be a good tech guy. He wasn't sure so he called the key manufacturer. When he got back to me the word was they weren't sure either. Most car makers use the same chip for many years, he said motorcycle manufacturers change periodically.....or not. But they were "pretty sure" they would work.
    Great, BRP is getting my you suck award for the day. Anyway since I have already ordered the keys he told me to go ahead and try and get one programmed and if it worked then good, I'm happy. If not to let him know and send them back for a refund as long as they were not cut. What the h*** it's worth a try and at least I'll get a refund. He said they will also make corrections on their website if necessary. All's well that ends well.

Thanks all for the input at least more accurate info might be able to be passed around.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got back to the company selling the key and talked to what was supposed to be a good tech guy. He wasn't sure so he called the key manufacturer. When he got back to me the word was they weren't sure either. Most car makers use the same chip for many years, he said motorcycle manufacturers change periodically.....or not. But they were "pretty sure" they would work.
    Great, BRP is getting my you suck award for the day.
    Early in 2014 several forum members tried all sorts of ways to clone a key with no luck. The entire DESS system was changed in 2014. The way key IDs are stored in the DESS module changed, the way new keys are programmed into the module changed, the way the DESS interrogates the key for its ID changed. New keys are now programmed into the DESS via the BUDs computer. Previously it was all done with use of a master programming key. You can now have a total of 8 different keys programmed in. The limit used to be 4 not counting clones. The DESS sees a clone key as no different from the original key.

The new system uses a "rolling code" method to interrogate the key. This system uses a mathematical algorithm in the chip in the key to generate a response to the DESS. No one outside of BRP and its key supplier knows what that algorithm is, hence no one can make and sell a key that will work with a 2014 and later Spyder. The Spyder key system is essentially the same as used on all cars that still use a key.

If you still can, cancel your order. You're wasting your time and money. The BRP price of $50 is not out of line for such keys. Hopefully you have a cooperative dealer who will program it into the DESS for little or no charge. My dealer did it in less than 5 minutes gratis, but I also bought the key from them.

To learn more about auto key programming go here: http://www.allaboutlocksandsafes.com...nsponder-keys/
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 01-26-2017 at 08:13 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Early in 2014 several forum members tried all sorts of ways to clone a key with no luck. The entire DESS system was changed in 2014. The way key IDs are stored in the DESS module changed, the way new keys are programmed into the module changed, the way the DESS interrogates the key for its ID changed. New keys are now programmed into the DESS via the BUDs computer. Previously it was all done with use of a master programming key. You can now have a total of 8 different keys programmed in. The limit used to be 4 not counting clones. The DESS sees a clone key as no different from the original key.

The new system uses a "rolling code" method to interrogate the key. This system uses a mathematical algorithm in the chip in the key to generate a response to the DESS. No one outside of BRP and its key supplier knows what that algorithm is, hence no one can make and sell a key that will work with a 2014 and later Spyder. The Spyder key system is essentially the same as used on all cars that still use a key.

If you still can, cancel your order. You're wasting your time and money. The BRP price of $50 is not out of line for such keys. Hopefully you have a cooperative dealer who will program it into the DESS for little or no charge. My dealer did it in less than 5 minutes gratis, but I also bought the key from them.

To learn more about auto key programming go here: http://www.allaboutlocksandsafes.com...nsponder-keys/
    Knowledge is power, thanks for the lesson. If anyone wants a spare key for a 2013 or earlier contact me. When they get here I'll mail one off free. First three to contact me, one to a person. Sometime you have to give back and I've learned so much from this list.
    Last edited by Habib; 01-27-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I think you meant 2013 or earlier, right?
    Fixed it, thanks again.