Thread: Watch This

Spyder Garage

Default Watch This

Hey watch this show Sunday night on MSNBC called Witch Hunt. It is about our member Spyder114 who went to prison for twenty years on a wrongful conviction. Sean Penn narrates and produced the film after reading about the misjustice done to John and others in Kern County here in Ca. John is making up for lost time enjoying his Spyder #114 living on the central coast and getting on with his life while his multi million dollar lawsuit agianst Kern County moves closer.
    HAPPY OWNER

Spyder Garage

It's on at 7 pm here in Ca. and 10 eastern and whatever other time zones. Check it out, it was a real case of misjustice.
    HAPPY OWNER

Spyder Garage

I will look for it.

Spyder Garage

Don't miss this, I work at the prison he was in when he got released and it is quite a story. You realize just how easy something like this can happen.
    HAPPY OWNER

Spyder Garage

I'm gonna check it out for sure.. I watch MSNBC all the time, its one of my favorite shows.. Good info Thanks for sharing..

Joe

I just watched a couple clips about spyder114,,, All I can say is Congradulation what a story, Wow!!!!
    Last edited by xpeschon; 04-12-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: To add a bit

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I will have my better half set the DVR 2 night

Spyder Garage

Exclamation

The money will be nice but it will not buy back the 20 years he lost! I'am so sorry that happened to you 114!!!!!

Roger

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydroe View Post
    Hey watch this show Sunday night on MSNBC called Witch Hunt. It is about our member Spyder114 who went to prison for twenty years on a wrongful conviction. Sean Penn narrates and produced the film after reading about the misjustice done to John and others in Kern County here in Ca. John is making up for lost time enjoying his Spyder #114 living on the central coast and getting on with his life while his multi million dollar lawsuit agianst Kern County moves closer.
    I met his custom spyder at his dealer in San Luis Obispo. They told me the owners story and I thought what better way to make up for lost time than to ryde a spyder in those hills. I hope he really sticks it to them!
    VERY HAPPY OWNER OF Spyder PE #1133 w/ Leo Vince, High Flow Filter , Red caliper trim(whoopty doo), BRP sport rack/backrest, BRP saddle bags, BRP comfort seat, Honda RC51, Buell XB9R, Garmin 660, Tackyon XC action cam, Nolan N103 W/ N-Com kit(never use it...)

Spyder Garage

Being we don't have cable or satellite TV I went looking for a link to the video online. I couldn't find the entire show but I did find this link of clips and other info.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29993322/
    If anyone has a link to the entire episode, can you please post it?

EDIT: We can buy the video through the directors website or on iTunes.
    Last edited by bjt; 04-13-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Spyder Garage

Very well done show. I was shocked that this can happen in America.

Might be able to find it on Hulu.com.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Being we don't have cable or satellite TV I went looking for a link to the video online. I couldn't find the entire show but I did find this link of clips and other info.

Email me at roknroe@gmail.com and I'll burn a copy from myTiVo.
    HAPPY OWNER

Spyder Garage

Default what windshield does he have on his spyder?

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post

Does anyone know what brand of windshield he has on his Spyder in the video. Jerry

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

orangespydiegirl

Watched the show last night and Wow, we try not to think these things happen in America, God Bless all those involved.
    Last edited by orangespydiegirl; 04-13-2009 at 05:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    Does anyone know what brand of windshield he has on his Spyder in the video. Jerry
    It is a rifle windshield.
    HAPPY OWNER

Spyder Garage

I only got through the first 20 minutes of the show because I was really BURNED OUT however my wife informed me that I missed a GREAT show and has been telling me about it all day but she does have some questions and since I didn't watch it I couldn't answer them, I'm sure you understand.. She told me to ask the below Questions:

1) What is the status of his's Son?
    2) Did they do anything to the prosecutator?
    3) She wants to know if Mr. Madohle (or something like that) and Spyder #114 hang out together..

Thanks guys and I do have a copy coming from Spydroe ( or I think I do) so thanks in advance,, I am some what lost in her questions cause again, I feel alseep,, No disrespect guys but I just couldn't stay awake,,I'm on medication as well so that don't help any..

Joe

Spyder Garage

I just got done watching it on TIVo. What an outrageous use of the justice system. I know two other guys who had their teaching careers ended the same way. But losing your job an dlosing 20 years of your life are way different. So sad.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    I have a Rifle Faring. They have made three, two for the risers and one for stock. They are really a very good company to deal with.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xpeschon View Post
    I only got through the first 20 minutes of the show because I was really BURNED OUT however my wife informed me that I missed a GREAT show and has been telling me about it all day but she does have some questions and since I didn't watch it I couldn't answer them, I'm sure you understand.. She told me to ask the below Questions:

1) What is the status of his's Son?
    2) Did they do anything to the prosecutator?
    3) She wants to know if Mr. Madohle (or something like that) and Spyder #114 hang out together..

Thanks guys and I do have a copy coming from Spydroe ( or I think I do) so thanks in advance,, I am some what lost in her questions cause again, I feel alseep,, No disrespect guys but I just couldn't stay awake,,I'm on medication as well so that don't help any..

Joe
    Hey Joe,

To answer your wife's questions. Until the law suite is over I can't try to contact him. When it's over I'll do my best with my son. No that son of bitch is still the Kern County AD. Jeff and I talk at least once a week and when he is here in Ca. we spent time together. He is one hell of a guy. Hope this with you're questions. Spyder 114

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey there all you Spyder riders. Thanks for the kind words. Hope to see everybody in L.A. Spydroe and I will be there. Thanks again Bro's

Spyder Garage

I did not hear any animosity in your retort only a silent anger. Salutations from my family and hope you enjoy the rest of your years.

Being in the legal field, looking like a foreigner, there have been many times I have lost out because of "an officers word". It is totally frustrating BUT at times I let nature takes its course, if he has a conscience he wont be able to live with it, if he does not, he is not human and needs to be flushed out.

The consequence is that one false conviction is one too many and lately many here in America are willing to look the other way. That my friends is not our great USA, liberty has been fought with the blood of our veterans and we should not let it waste away. Everyone should abide by the basic principle of life, liberty and justice for all.
    Problem with Capitalism is you use up other peoples money, than cry for more handouts.
    ME

Spyder Garage

Email me at roknroe@gmail.com and I'll burn a copy from myTiVo.
    Thanks for the offer but I'm already getting it off of iTunes.

See you and spyder114 in LA

Spyder Garage

I watched the whole thing last night and as much as I hate the crime of child abuse I hate to think how awful it would be to be falsely accused and imprisoned for a crime you didn't commit.

I don't know how you endured 20 years of false imprisonment without flipping out on someone or even taking your own life. I loved your parting statement to the judge and even though it cost you extra time you did not cave in to these self righteous scumbags. In the end you were proven not guilty but what about those that were guilty of this mass hysteria? What price do they have to pay? What about the two that died in prison, will their names be cleared? Will their familys be compensated?

I got to say that you all seemed amazingly composed in your interview. I didn't see the anger at the system or those who put you folks in this situation. I must say you all are better folks than I am, I think I would want them to suffer as I did. I think the monetary compensation was not near what it should have been and I think that DA needs to spend some time in jail for his crime. This is not Mexico or some third world country, this is America and things like this should never have happened and I hope all that were caught in this net have been released from prison.

May God bless the rest of your life John

orangespydiegirl

Couldn't had said it better!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I watched the whole thing last night and as much as I hate the crime of child abuse I hate to think how awful it would be to be falsely accused and imprisoned for a crime you didn't commit.

I don't know how you endured 20 years of false imprisonment without flipping out on someone or even taking your own life. I loved your parting statement to the judge and even though it cost you extra time you did not cave in to these self righteous scumbags. In the end you were proven not guilty but what about those that were guilty of this mass hysteria? What price do they have to pay? What about the two that died in prison, will their names be cleared? Will their familys be compensated?

I got to say that you all seemed amazingly composed in your interview. I didn't see the anger at the system or those who put you folks in this situation. I must say you all are better folks than I am, I think I would want them to suffer as I did. I think the monetary compensation was not near what it should have been and I think that DA needs to spend some time in jail for his crime. This is not Mexico or some third world country, this is America and things like this should never have happened and I hope all that were caught in this net have been released from prison.

May God bless the rest of your life John
    Thank you for the kinds words Brother! See you in L.A.