Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Question Trying to decide on the right model

Hello, all, this is my first post on this forum. I went to a motorcycle show and sat on a few Spyders, and I am very interested in buying one. I am only 5'1" though, so I definitely want one that I'll feel comfortable riding. I love the look of the RT, but I'm afraid that it will just feel too big and heavy for me. I sat on the F3 and that felt really good. Can any short ladies who ride tell me what model they ride and whether they are happy? I'd love any advice on selecting the right model. I think I'm more comfortable with a cruising riding position that a sport riding position.

Thank you!

Spyder Garage

Only you can decide which model and a test ride of both is recommended. The RT is going to give you a cushier feel compared to the F3. The F3 will give you a more "sporty" feel to the ride. You are going to sit "in" the F3 rather than "on" it. The RT is like driving an easy chair. For me, bigger is good. Think Gold Wing verses Bagger. Both platforms are great and they have their plusses and minuses. Both flavors are costly so you want to get it right the first time for YOU.

Good luck with your hunt. Let us know what you decide.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Apsana View Post
    Hello, all, this is my first post on this forum. I went to a motorcycle show and sat on a few Spyders, and I am very interested in buying one. I am only 5'1" though, so I definitely want one that I'll feel comfortable riding. I love the look of the RT, but I'm afraid that it will just feel too big and heavy for me. I sat on the F3 and that felt really good. Can any short ladies who ride tell me what model they ride and whether they are happy? I'd love any advice on selecting the right model. I think I'm more comfortable with a cruising riding position that a sport riding position.

Thank you!
    My wife is your size. I picked up a used RSS for her to practice on. If she decides to ride more, she may pick up a ST before they are all gone. The seating position is perfect for someone her size.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I have an F3S but have had 2 RTs. I am only 5'6" and, altho I had no problems handling an RT, I am really more comfortable on the F3 and enjoy it more. Keep in mind that you can adjust the F3 more than you can the RT as far as handle bars and brake/foot rest positions. And - BONUS - you can now get an F3 "bagger" if that suits your riding style! Good luck on your choice. You will have a blast!

Spyder Garage

Default WHICH MODEL??

The nice thing about the F3 models is the U Fit system that lets you choose four foot positions and I believe three handlebar positions. Find a dealer that has the U Fit system on a floor model and try them all out. That is what I did to find the best riding position for me.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you!
    You may want to go to the Girls on Spyders facebook site and pose your question also. You mentioned you like the cruising position better so that makes the F3 your bike. Go to a dealer and ride both bikes - have the ufit F3 adjustment made for you if possible.

If you inbox me your email address I can have you added to the group or you can go there and make the request yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/girlsonspyders/

Happy hunting.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Decide yet?

Thank you!

So Apsana, How's the search going for your Spyder?
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

Default Try a used one

I am 5'1' or so... I couldn't decide, either, so I tried both models at the dealer. I found a nice, used RT, for less than half the price of a new one and had it about a year and a half. I LOVED it!!! We wanted to make some long trips (PA to Grand Canyon, to Denver, CO and home last spring) so, I bought a new RT Limited and haven't looked back!!!! The ONLY thing that I don't like is WAITING for the next trip!!!
    2015 Spyder RT Limited, Red Pearl
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Contigo Cup
    Cup Holder
    Cargo Nets
    Additional turn signals mounted behind speaker grill
    12v cable for heated clothing
    Sheepskin seat cover
    Baja Ron Sway bar

Myles of Smyles!!

2011 Spyder RT
    Viper Red