Spyder Garage

Default Trading my 2014 RTL

I have decided on getting the F3 Limited and I dropped past Pete's in Baltimore. I plan to trade in my 2014 RTL but does anyone know if I could get a better deal for the F3 L (currently $22K)?

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

You have to shop around and don't be afraid to go out of state if need be. You will also get a better deal selling rather than trading. Can also get a quote and take it to your dealer and deal...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Check out Imotorsports they have given many here great deals and delivery is included
    They also will except your trade and pick it up as part of your deal
    i have used them for parts and accessories and they are easy to work with
    tell them you are a member here
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

I agree with Retired 2012 Imotorsports is worth checking out they gave me what I wanted for my trade and where thousands less on my 2015 F3s leftover and delivery and trade in pick-up where included can't go wrong with them .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    2015 F3S , silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree with Dave and Retired - I live in Maryland close to Baltimore and interfaced with the three Can-Am dealers in Maryland and one in PA when I purchased my 2015 F3 - I wound up going with Imotorsports - traded in my 2008 Spyder (also purchased out of state in 2008) - worth the call IMHO.

As a side note I have used (since 2008) and been pleased with Service Department at Talbot Power Sports in Easton Maryland.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for responding! Your advise is well noted and I'll do my due diligence today

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post
    I agree with Dave and Retired - I live in Maryland close to Baltimore and interfaced with the three Can-Am dealers in Maryland and one in PA when I purchased my 2015 F3 - I wound up going with Imotorsports - traded in my 2008 Spyder (also purchased out of state in 2008) - worth the call IMHO.

As a side note I have used (since 2008) and been pleased with Service Department at Talbot Power Sports in Easton Maryland.
    BeRight, I just checked and Imotorsports Inc. is in IL. which is over 11 hours from where I live. They do have competitive pricing but that would be a heck of a trip this time of year.

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Excellent Dealership

I bought my RTL outside of Philadelphia last June because they were the only dealership in the area with a new-in-the-crate 2015 RTL. The following weekend, I stopped in to Pete's and asked in the service department what the first service would cost, I was told that it would be 3 hours labor plus parts and would be around $500.00. On the Maryland Spyderweb I learned of a dealership in Hanover, PA, Motosports, Inc. that was HIGHLY recommended. I visited the showroom the following weekend and was told that the first service would cost somewhere between $200 to $250. One of the salesmen spent around an hour giving me tips on the Spyder (since I came from being a two-wheeler, I needed all the help I could get). They were warm and friendly and I have since been back on 2 occasions to have aftermarket parts installed. I won't go anywhere else for service! Address is 2117 Baltimore Pike, Hanover. PA 17331 and their phone # is 717-632-7093. Also, www.motosportsinc.com.
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderConvert View Post
    I bought my RTL outside of Philadelphia last June because they were the only dealership in the area with a new-in-the-crate 2015 RTL. The following weekend, I stopped in to Pete's and asked in the service department what the first service would cost, I was told that it would be 3 hours labor plus parts and would be around $500.00. On the Maryland Spyderweb I learned of a dealership in Hanover, PA, Motosports, Inc. that was HIGHLY recommended. I visited the showroom the following weekend and was told that the first service would cost somewhere between $200 to $250. One of the salesmen spent around an hour giving me tips on the Spyder (since I came from being a two-wheeler, I needed all the help I could get). They were warm and friendly and I have since been back on 2 occasions to have aftermarket parts installed. I won't go anywhere else for service! Address is 2117 Baltimore Pike, Hanover. PA 17331 and their phone # is 717-632-7093. Also, www.motosportsinc.com.
    Thanks SpyderConvert. I take my RTL there also and I have been really pleased with their service. unfortunately they only have one 2016 F3 L in white. My current RTL is white and I don't want to do that color again.

Spyder Garage

Default Pitbull Powersports in MO

They will deliver to you. Worth calling Len (drop my name..might help)...417 - 863-1418 Is the Pitbull Powersport location #...ask for Len...happy shopping...I have bought 2 Spyders from them and I am 2000 miles (one way) from Springfield, MO. My main reason to buy "that far away" is I know they assemble our precious/finicky rydes (and their pricing has always been the best for me.)
    Happy dealing and you will LUV LUV LUV the F3....sweeeeeet ryde they are...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmurray View Post
    I have decided on getting the F3 Limited and I dropped past Pete's in Baltimore. I plan to trade in my 2014 RTL but does anyone know if I could get a better deal for the F3 L (currently $22K)?
    I am a big believer in buying where you can get it serviced. Every one says that any dealer must service it because it is warranty. this is true but I know for a fact that they take care of their own customers first. sometimes the "best" deal isn't always the best deal. I sold new and used Fords for over 27 years. the local dealer pays taxes and employes people in his local area. if no one lets the local dealer make any money they will cease to exist. this is just my 2 cents worth.

Spyder Garage

Default Just happened !

Hi JM,
    I'm from the southern Maryland area as well and just traded my 2011 RSS for the F3-S and love it... I went up to Erie, PA. (7hrs away) and found a great deal. Had a fellow Spyder rider friend go with and after he rode my new purchase he was up at Petes cycle two weeks later and found a F3T-SS used for $19.2K. He traded his 2013 ST in on it and they gave him $10k on the trade for his bike. A bit low imho but he was satisfied with the swap. Good luck with your search... I see a number of them for sale on cycle trader and through dealer websites up and down the eastern seaboard. There's always Fredricksburg Motorsport in addition to Petes Cycle in our general area. Don't be afraid to log a few miles or utilize a freight transporter when purchasing through a reputable dealer. Good luck and ride safe brother !

Regards,
    Brion
    Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't
    mean the circus has left town.
    - George Carlin

Hollywood, Maryland
    2015 F3S, SE-6
    oem backrest, oem saddlebags, F4 Customs windshield, oem fog lights
    2011 RSS, SE-5
    Handlebar Riser, Heat Wraped exhaust, Power ports int./ext., 23" touring windshield, Led brake lighting strips.

2014 RTL , Black

Spyder Garage

BeRight, I just checked and Imotorsports Inc. is in IL. which is over 11 hours from where I live. They do have competitive pricing but that would be a heck of a trip this time of year.
    Why drive ... iMotorsports delivers just like PitBull does. Happy shopping.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    Why drive ... iMotorsports delivers just like PitBull does. Happy shopping.
    I plan to trade-in instead of going through the hassle of selling on my own. Therefore, they would have to do an trade-in assessment on the RTL. Otherwise, I like the idea of delivery.

Spyder Garage

I am a little curious as to what a 2014 RTL would go for on a trade...
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Cognac

Grip Puppies
    Laser Alignment
    F4 Custom Plus3 Wide with Vent and front blackout
    Baker Built Air Wings
    Ultimate Mid Rider with Driver Backrest
    GearBrake - Smart Brake Module
    Custom Dynamics High Mount Brake Light with Flasher Module
    Lamonster RAM Universal X Grip Cell Phone Holder
    Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff with. 20oz Bottle Holder
    Lamonster FBB Highway Brackets - Dually Trident Black
    Best Warranty until 10/28/2019

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gparr View Post

Me too. I haven't taken it to Pete's yet but if I do I'll reply back to this thread.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gparr View Post
    I just traded my RTS with 12000 miles and I got $16,500. I traded for $6500 for a 2016 RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ndspyderlover View Post
    I am a big believer in buying where you can get it serviced. Every one says that any dealer must service it because it is warranty. this is true but I know for a fact that they take care of their own customers first. sometimes the "best" deal isn't always the best deal. I sold new and used Fords for over 27 years. the local dealer pays taxes and employes people in his local area. if no one lets the local dealer make any money they will cease to exist. this is just my 2 cents worth.
    Yes they do.

That's why I try and buy local

Spyder Garage

Default Imotorsports

I plan to trade-in instead of going through the hassle of selling on my own. Therefore, they would have to do an trade-in assessment on the RTL. Otherwise, I like the idea of delivery.

I am working with Imtorsports right now and they will give you the trade in value and pick up and deliver. I have shopped around and they are the best to deal with and worked out the best numbers even with the delivery and pick up. Give them a try and deal with Jason
    NEW 2016 RT-S Special Series Triple Black - ready for new toys to add
    OLD 2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metalic CB-Navigation-XM, Sway bar, Ultimate Tallboy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDBrion View Post
    Hi JM,
    I'm from the southern Maryland area as well and just traded my 2011 RSS for the F3-S and love it... I went up to Erie, PA. (7hrs away) and found a great deal. Had a fellow Spyder rider friend go with and after he rode my new purchase he was up at Petes cycle two weeks later and found a F3T-SS used for $19.2K. He traded his 2013 ST in on it and they gave him $10k on the trade for his bike. A bit low imho but he was satisfied with the swap. Good luck with your search... I see a number of them for sale on cycle trader and through dealer websites up and down the eastern seaboard. There's always Fredricksburg Motorsport in addition to Petes Cycle in our general area. Don't be afraid to log a few miles or utilize a freight transporter when purchasing through a reputable dealer. Good luck and ride safe brother !

Regards,
    Brion
    There will be a lot more Spyders for sale once the Honda NeoWing appears so if your thinking of selling, do it NOW!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am looking at trading/selling my '14 RTL. In the shop again. I keep hearing another three wheeler calling me. A new engine has my attention. Also, a little more luggage space.