Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thinking of buying my first RT limited

Can anyone tell me how easy they are to turn compared to a 2wheel?
    also any thing about them I should look for or know before buying one? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default no 2

NO 2 WHEELER SIMILARITIES WHATSOEVER..... OH, SORRY, YA - WIND IN THE FACE.... OTHER THAN THAT: NOTHING.....

if you've ever ridden a SNOWMOBILE, you'll find a SPYD3R closer to that than most anything else.... it's nothing like a 3 wheeled HD or HONDA trike... or a 4 wheeler off-roader...

ONE HUGE THING about the SPYD3R, is the amount of FUN you'll have.... you'll feel incomfortable (maybe) for a couple hundred miles, but after that you'll have a smile on your face as big as the Grand Canyon.....

good luck, ride safely, and keep us posted....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

They don't compare to a 2 wheeler. You will feel like you will fall off at first when cornering until you figure out what to do. Best thing I can tell you is to get it and ride it everyday for 3 months, then come back here and tell us what you don't like.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RT Limited

I went from a Kawasaki Voyager 1700 to a Spyder RT Ltd in June of last year and while I do miss the Voyager, I will not go back. I bought my Spyder 125 miles away from home and rode it back on I-95. It is very different from being on a 2 wheeler!! Once I learned to relax my grip on the handlebars everything seemed to go a lot smoother. You will not be sorry if you do buy it.

I purchased a new 2015 RTL for $24K.
    Last edited by SpyderConvert; 01-17-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Added year and price paid.
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

If you are looking for a used RT I would suggest that you buy a 14 or newer as they have the 1330 engine which is far better than the old engine.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Here is a thread of do's and don'ts for those interested in Spyder. It's a whole different machine and what works on two does not necessarily work on three.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder has power assisted steering. Once you get acclimated, it will go where you want it with no effort whatsoever.

Ask on, when you have more questions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

You don't say where in the old North State you are located but Honda of Winston Salem, a Can Am dealer, may have some good buys right now. Other HWS consider Brewers in Henderson.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

You don't say where in the old North State you are located but Honda of Winston Salem, a Can Am dealer, may have some good buys right now. Other than HWS consider Brewers in Henderson.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE LIMITED MODEL

IMHO the price difference between the Limited and to two lower optioned models ( Basic & S ) was in-realistically large compared to what you got for the money !!!!! kind of like the new Verizon ads ....... check what you get for the money & decide if it's really worth it........ Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    IMHO the price difference between the Limited and to two lower optioned models ( Basic & S ) was in-realistically large compared to what you got for the money !!!!! kind of like the new Verizon ads ....... check what you get for the money & decide if it's really worth it........ Mike
    Pricing is another fine point. Blueknight is right on. I have had three RT models. I got the premier edition in 2010 when they first came out. It was called the RTS. It had all the bells and whistles and it cost mucho in 2010 Dollars.

My 2011 was an A & C. A baseline version with audio and cruise control to which we added driving lights, a different seat and a trunk light. That was mid price for RT.

The 2014 is an RT-S model. It came with everything but the chrome and the GPS. That one set me back about 28K. I have yet to make a jump into LTD territory and 30K. Don't think I am going there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We just bought our first used RT Limited and my wife loves it as much as I do. We've only had about a month riding before winter storage, but we rode further together in that month than in the 27 years of 2 wheel motorcycle ownership. My wife just never enjoyed sitting on the back of any of my previous bikes and always felt she was too small to drive any of them, but loves both driving and riding on the RT.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

If you can afford the limited .................. Go for it .................. if not, The RT-S is a great machine with a few less bells and whistles but the same basic machine.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

to answer your question the SPYDER HAS POWER STEERING . Real easy to steer. But when stopped there will be a bit more force until you get moving

Test ride one and formulate your own opinion some bikes are not for everyone. I went from a Triglide to the Spyder and found the fatigue factor almost none compared to the TANK I use to drive.
    Last edited by trikermutha; 01-16-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Ok, you've heard from many of the fine gentlemen, with a ton of time on Spyders.....but, let's face it we ladies have different issues. So, before you buy anything go to a dealer and see them for yourself. Sit on them, check your reach, posture, getting on and off, and very important what are you looking to do with it. If you want to ryde more than a few hours at a shot go for an RT model. If you can find an open house with demo rydes that would be perfect.

I wasn't sure if I would like a "three wheeler" so I found a class that used Spyders and signed up. I didn't need the class as I was grandfathered with my M endorsement but I thought the $300 bucks for two days of rental was pretty good. Absolutely loved it and bought my RT-S that same month. Originally was looking at an F series but once I went to the dealer and found that it is was awkward getting on and off and the salesman asked what I wanted to use it for I checked out the RT models. I didn't like the basic model because I really liked the foot boards and the other niceties that came with it. Hate cleaning chrome and extra cost for just a GPS wasn't worth the extra $3k for a Limited.

But I will tell you this, you will not be disappointed no matter what you get. The people that ryde Spyders are the nicest most welcoming group you will ever meet. Love to get together ryde and enjoy Spyder events, like Spyderfest in Springfield MO, or Spyder Adventures at Maggie Valley.

Also, check out Girls on Spyders on Facebook if you want to women's opinions.
    2019 F3T , Blue