Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acpd22 View Post
    Well the tail lights that came with the Tag-along are gone. Replaced with LED's on custom made brackets. They are the low profile type. Pretty impressed with how bright they are. Haven't gotten around to figuring out why the marker lights don't work. If I had to guess it is the ground.
    Best to run a separate ground wire to all lights and not depend on the trailer frame. Also get rid of all the crimp connections, solder and weatherproof and put in a wire loom where exposed to the outside.
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Default mine

I used Eye bolts to secure top box. Added CBR turn signal assemblies so as not to have to use a ratty converter. Cleaned and properly loaded the wheel bearings.
    20170128_153739.jpgRS-S can not tell it is back there.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Default Tagalong Bearing Greasing

I purchased the tag a long trailer from HF last year and have made about 5 trips to Springfield MO from KC (Spyderfest, Spyders in the Ozarks plus other overnighters) and although I initially filled the bearings with grease through the zerks at the back of the hubs, I was wondering if packing grease into the hubs via bearing buddies (which I have recently purchased) will be enough to ensure the bearings are grease packed. I am hoping to not have to pull out the bearings to repack and would like to know if this method will suffice. I welcome any and all thoughts as to whether this will be sufficient for packing the bearings.
    Last edited by 2RTsGV; 02-08-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2RTsGV View Post
    I purchased the tag a long trailer from HF last year and have made about 5 trips to Springfield MO from KC (Spyderfest, Spyders in the Ozarks plus other overnighters) and although I initially filled the bearings with grease through the zerks at the back of the hubs, I was wondering if packing grease into the hubs via bearing buddies (which I have recently purchased) will be enough to ensure the bearings are grease packed. I am hoping to not have to pull out the bearings to repack and would like to know if this method will suffice. I welcome any and all thoughts as to whether this will be sufficient for packing the bearings.
    When I went to an automotive brake school MANY years ago they taught us to NEVER repack wheel bearing with our wheel bearing grease packer without thoroughly cleaning out the old grease...BECAUSE...

There are many different types of grease, lithium, calcium, sodium & some others...Most are NOT compatible with each other...Its like trying to put two positive ends of a magnet together...

So in my opinion and what I did on my HF trailer, was to remove the bearings, clean and inspect all bearings and pack with my grease in my bearing packer...Then at the beginning of the riding season I put several pumps of grease in the fittings on the back of the hubs and "ride on"

I use bearing buddies on all my other trailers that do not have zerk fittings...

larryd

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I used to always clean wheel bearings with kerosene before repacking.

Spyder Garage

Default Went up...

Just looked at the website, they are showing $499.00 now. Holy cow they went up.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arsquatch View Post
    Just looked at the website, they are showing $499.00 now. Holy cow they went up.
    They will be on sale again soon, just watch for it.
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    My Tag a Long had Scotch Locks for the splices on the wiring. I had to go through it and solder and heat shrink all of them to get rid of the shorts to ground. Also changed over to LED lights and 12 inch wheels. I've been using it for 5 years now, works great! john
    I got tired of the harsh ride, so went with 10" wheels and oversized tires that can handle 20 psi and thus ride softer. Plus, I think it looks cool and if I ever need to ride through a swamp, the tires can handle it!

Tagalong 12 inch wheels 1.jpg Tagalong 12 inch wheels 2.jpg
    Last edited by UtahPete; 05-08-2018 at 11:43 AM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

If I were still traveling like I used to, I get a Leesure Lite Camper. I don’t enjoy tents anymore. This camper is almost a one finger set up & fold up. Can Am should make a camper trailer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by moogully View Post
    If I were still traveling like I used to, I get a Leesure Lite Camper. I don’t enjoy tents anymore. This camper is almost a one finger set up & fold up. Can Am should make a camper trailer.
    This is a thread about cargo trailers. BRP is not going to build a tent trailer but there are several other companies that do.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I got tired of the harsh ride, so went with 12" wheels and oversized tires that can handle 20 psi and thus ride softer. Plus, I think it looks cool and if I ever need to ride through a swamp, the tires can handle it!

Tagalong 12 inch wheels 1.jpg Tagalong 12 inch wheels 2.jpg
    Can you list the part numbers for the rims and tires you ordered for it? I assume also from Harbor Freight?

Thanks,
    Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just did a search on Harbor Freight's website and searched for trailers, utility trailers and even boat trailers. No results for anything other than trailer accessories. Wonder if they've quit selling trailers altogether?
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    I just did a search on Harbor Freight's website and searched for trailers, utility trailers and even boat trailers. No results for anything other than trailer accessories. Wonder if they've quit selling trailers altogether?
    Checked at my Harbor Freight , all sales have been suspended due to trailer not meeting DOT standards, there was a sign in the store.

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Kind of surprised that it hadn't happened before now, at least with some of them.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Can you list the part numbers for the rims and tires you ordered for it? I assume also from Harbor Freight? Thanks,Bob
    You're going to love this; they are Kenda tires. I got them mounted on rims from eTrailer; https://www.etrailer.com/Tires_and_W...a/AM3H330.html

I chose them for their low load rating but high speed rating. They are wider than I expected and it took some work to get them to fit on the trailer without rubbing the frame (basically I used 1/2" washers as spacers behind the lug nuts).

The original fenders fit; I made standoffs from 1/4" aluminum tubing and longer bolts to mount them to the existing brackets.

At first, I thought I'd made a horrible mistake in ordering these, but now I've got them mounted I think they look great. I run them at 20# and they do provide a softer ride without much rolling resistance.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 05-08-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    2014 RTL Platinum