Spyder Garage

Question Camshaft Pos Sensor Circ Error (bank1/1 Sensor)

I have a 2015 F3 and my bike went into limp home mode. I checked the code and it came up as P0340 which is Camshaft Pos Sensor Circ Error (bank1/1 Sensor) Does anyone know where the sensor is? I would like to check to make sure that the wires have no come loose. A link OR A PICTURE showing the location would be great if possible.

Spyder Garage

the Camshaft Position Sensor is located on the back of the cylinder head on the Right Hand side, basically, if you locate your oil filter, it is just above and forward of that on the back of the head.

Spyder Garage

If you want some snaps from the WSM pm me your e-mail adress.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Just got a 2016 F3 T with 11,000 miles and got the dreaded "Limp Home" message. Still running but fault code won't clear. A Spyder owner friend showed me how to recover the fault code and it came up P0340. Found this thread but not much here. More looking and he found P0340 is ECM module, Error on camshaft position sensor signal. Possible Causes: disconnected sensor, Blown fuse, Defective CAPS, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector or damaged ECM output pins. Trigger wheel missing or in incorrect position on intake camshaft. Connector is not loose. I will check a few more things but wondering if this is a common problem and if there is a simple method for me to clear it?

I am some distance from a dealer so I want to do what I can before I go there.

This problem seemed to come from nowhere. I drove about 40 miles to get home. Will further driving cause damage? That orange screen sure is ugly.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When mine did that, they replaced the sensor itself......under warranty.

In my case, it seemed to run fine despite the ominous message.

I thought that a "hard" fault with the cam position sensor would cause it to not run at all......but that might not be right.

P.S. Most problems do appear suddenly.
    Things work just fine......right up to the second that they fail.

Spyder Garage

Same for me. The sensor itself was bad and replaced under warranty.

Luckily, "limp mode" was still able to go pretty fast. I think it was rev limited to 5K, but that should still let you do highway speeds.
    2017 F3 , Blue

Spyder Garage

New Cam Position Sensor, replaced under extended warranty. Back in business. Thanks!