Spyder Garage

Default Break down: Can-am Spyder in California

So, I decided to do a break down. I apologize if I didn’t get other motorsports store in California. Please feel free to do a shout out in California for excellent dealer, service, and parts. Tell me your experience in the California area.

1) Temecula Motorsports (Southern CA. LA area)
    Dealer: Lack of BRP knowledge
    Parts:
    Service: No BRP Technician

2) Fresno, CA Clawson, Honda
    Dealer: aggressive sales, and will not budge price. Will lie to sell you a bike. Lack of Can-am spyder models
    Parts: Excellent Service.
    Service: Was told to go online to see if they were BRP certified. There are many complaints of the mechanics due to students working on the bike. No BRP Technician

3)Lancaster, CA
    Dealer: Unable to negotiate price. Dealer could not do the Navy Federal Credit Union or Costco due to being cheaper. I got this information from cycletrader website as the lowest deal. Still it was over $20,000 after taxes with manufacturer rebates. I also notice they manipulate the money for sale. I have two quotes from different dealers. Compared with these two dealers, Lancaster manipulate the finance.
    Parts:
    Service: No BRP Technician. It’s been in the business for 2 years.

4) Fun Bike, San Diego, CA
    Dealer: Satisfactory. Good on deals.
    Parts: ???
    Service:

5) Powersports, Elk Grove, CA
    Dealer: Great Customer service
    Parts: Friendly Service. They will assist you, and have a great conversation with you regarding with the Can-am Spyder. They are very passionate with the spyders.
    Service: Friendly service

6) Jet World Powersprts, Castaic, CA (Central Coast
    Dealer: Platinum Dealer
    Parts: Platinum Certified
    Service: Platinum Certified. Excellent service.

7) Mission Motorsports, Irvine, CA
    Dealer:
    Parts:
    Service: Excellent

8) Vey’s Powersports, El Cajon, CA (San Diego)
    Dealer:
    Parts:
    Service: BRP Master Mechanic (Kevin)

9) North County House of Motorcycles, El Cajon, CA(San Diego)
    Dealer:
    Parts:
    Service: BRP Master Mechanic

10) Malcolm Smith Motorsports, Riverside, CA
    Dealer:
    Parts:
    Service: Will not fix vehicle if aftermarket products are installed.

11) Pirate Motorsports, Riverside, CA
    Dealer:
    Parts:
    Service: Will fix even there is aftermarket products. Excellent service

12) Whittier, CA
    Dealer:
    Parts:
    Service: Unable to do service if aftermarket are installed

13) Bert’s Mega Mall,
    Dealer: Excellent sales
    Parts:
    Service:

14) Hayward, CA
    Dealer:
    Parts:
    Service: No BRP mechanic
    Last edited by ussoldier; 02-21-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Spyder Garage

Was the information collected here or personal expierance?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Is it common for a dealer to refuse to service a CanAm if there are aftermarket parts? I haven't had to have any maintenance (other that 3K service). So if you have lights installed they wont fix your bike? Something don't add up there for me.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Is it common for a dealer to refuse to service a CanAm if there are aftermarket parts? I haven't had to have any maintenance (other that 3K service). So if you have lights installed they wont fix your bike? Something don't add up there for me.
    Honestly, this is in California. I gathered all my information from the Forum site and based off experience related to California. I guess your state have some good mechanics there. Here is a link related on the Can-am Spyder service department: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=radio

I have traveled around California to ask questions regarding with the dealers and service. I would like to gather more detail information from different Can-am Spyder Riders from their experience. So far, I know that Elk Grove and Riverside provides good mechanic service based off the forums.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    So far, I know that Elk Grove and Riverside provides good mechanic service based off the forums.
    And Elk Grove is a Platinum Level Dealer, FYI....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So, I decided to do a break down. I apologize if I didn’t get other motorsports store in California. Please feel free to do a shout out in California for excellent dealer, service, and parts. Tell me your experience in the California area.

11) Pirate Motorsports, Riverside, CA
    Dealer:
    Parts:
    Service: Will fix even there is aftermarket products. Excellent service
    Just a little information About Lou (owner of Pirate Motor Sports). He is not a dealership, but can get you a Spyder through a dealership he partners with. He is the only independent authorized Spyder mechanic, and is so because when BRP introduced the Spyder in San Diego back in 2007/2008 he worked with them as their main mechanic for their demos. Thus, he is fully trained, and certified to work on Spyders.

While Lou cannot do BRP warranty work, he can do Western warranty work. Lou will go out of the way to help you in any way he can, and is the only mechanic that will touch my bike.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

I've had good experience with AV Honda Motorsports (the Lancaster, CA. dealer). Purchased my '16 RS-S from them last September and then my F3S from them a couple weeks ago. They've got a super knowledgeable Can Am tech in Kelly Baker. He installed all of my aftermarket add ons (including my NOT CARB approved Power Commander

Just my personal experience and $0.02.
    UCLA F3S (Russ): ('16 F3S SE6 Special Series "The Batpod") - DJ PC V, K&N AF, RLS Punisher Custom Exhaust, 7Jurock 27" Windshield, Corbin Dual Tour Saddle, Shad Rack/Bags, Bajaron Swaybar, BRP Signature Light, Lamonster "Parts Suite" (LED Fog/Headlights, GPS Mount/Garmin Zumo 660LM, RIP Boards, IPS Caps, Foam Grips), Can Am 2-Up Rear Shock; ('16 RT-S SE6 "Gipsy Danger") ​- BRP Adjustable Backrest, Bajaron Swaybar, Magic Mirror Mounts, Lamonster Dual Power Plate w/Large X-Grip

Spyder Garage

Default one more BRP Dealer in North California

15) Livermore, CA - http://www.speed-sports.com
    Dealer: no personal experience. I bought both my bikes from private seller but when I was selling one of my old bikes, owner was really honest upfront about price I get if I sell bike myself, etc. and also gave me few hints. It tells you something.
    Parts: Excellent service. Never had any problems and I could buy (and install) any oem/aftermarket parts.
    Service: I am servicing second Spyder there since 2010. They really try to do whatever it takes to make you happy.

Note: I admit there could be someone with different experience. I am just posting my personal experience.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA F3S View Post
    I've had good experience with AV Honda Motorsports (the Lancaster, CA. dealer). Purchased my '16 RS-S from them last September and then my F3S from them a couple weeks ago. They've got a super knowledgeable Can Am tech in Kelly Baker. He installed all of my aftermarket add ons (including my NOT CARB approved Power Commander

Just my personal experience and $0.02.
    Well, I did notice you bought the F3-S Triple Black at Lancaster, Ca. That business have been there for about 2 years now. I was planning to buy a bike there, but they were unable to price match my bike. In addition, I asked if they could do the Navy Federal Motorcycle loan. They refuse to use it. I did personally talked to the service department and parts department. But, they were not interested in talking to me. However, good job on getting on the Can-am Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by svd View Post
    15) Livermore, CA - http://www.speed-sports.com
    Dealer: no personal experience. I bought both my bikes from private seller but when I was selling one of my old bikes, owner was really honest upfront about price I get if I sell bike myself, etc. and also gave me few hints. It tells you something.
    Parts: Excellent service. Never had any problems and I could buy (and install) any oem/aftermarket parts.
    Service: I am servicing second Spyder there since 2010. They really try to do whatever it takes to make you happy.

Note: I admit there could be someone with different experience. I am just posting my personal experience.
    I bought my 2010RTwith trailer from them.Very friendly and very happy with negotiations.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Need some feedback everyone...took my 2012 RTL to Malcom Motorsport. Just bought it from private party in Texas. Ten thousand mile maintenance was 526 and was told fourteen thousand mile service was a grand. This is crazy. My cousin has a 2015 rt and he says his maintenance schedule is oil change only every 9000 miles. Any feedback would be appreciated....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vinsanity666 View Post
    Need some feedback everyone...took my 2012 RTL to Malcom Motorsport. Just bought it from private party in Texas. Ten thousand mile maintenance was 526 and was told fourteen thousand mile service was a grand. This is crazy. My cousin has a 2015 rt and he says his maintenance schedule is oil change only every 9000 miles. Any feedback would be appreciated....

The service schedule for the 15 is longer due to the 1330 motor compared to the 998. I never did my maintenance at Malcolm, so can not comment on their prices. I suggest going to Pirate Power Sports, as it would be about ten miles shorter.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Well, I did notice you bought the F3-S Triple Black at Lancaster, Ca. That business have been there for about 2 years now. I was planning to buy a bike there, but they were unable to price match my bike. In addition, I asked if they could do the Navy Federal Motorcycle loan. They refuse to use it. I did personally talked to the service department and parts department. But, they were not interested in talking to me. However, good job on getting on the Can-am Spyder.

Sorry to hear that, brother I hate when places don't honor military service.
    UCLA F3S (Russ): ('16 F3S SE6 Special Series "The Batpod") - DJ PC V, K&N AF, RLS Punisher Custom Exhaust, 7Jurock 27" Windshield, Corbin Dual Tour Saddle, Shad Rack/Bags, Bajaron Swaybar, BRP Signature Light, Lamonster "Parts Suite" (LED Fog/Headlights, GPS Mount/Garmin Zumo 660LM, RIP Boards, IPS Caps, Foam Grips), Can Am 2-Up Rear Shock; ('16 RT-S SE6 "Gipsy Danger") ​- BRP Adjustable Backrest, Bajaron Swaybar, Magic Mirror Mounts, Lamonster Dual Power Plate w/Large X-Grip

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default $1000.00

Quote Originally Posted by vinsanity666 View Post

This is because they plan to charge about $ 700.00 to check the valve clearance ...... however they know they will be OK so they won't bother .....but will charge the $ 700. anyway ...... jmho on that ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Bought our 2015 RTL from Elk Grove Power Sports and have been really happy with them
    But -- they will NOT mount a car tire on the bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA F3S View Post
    Sorry to hear that, brother I hate when places don't honor military service.
    Thanks. At least, I got a Spyder that's what I am happy about. If you were satisfied with your dealer in Lancaster than that's cool. At least, you have a Spyder as well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HayRog View Post
    Bought our 2015 RTL from Elk Grove Power Sports and have been really happy with them

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HayRog View Post
    They will mount a Kumho on there for you, they did for me!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    They will mount a Kumho on there for you, they did for me!
    Yeah, they did mention that. They classed it as a m/cycle tire. I mentioned the General Altimax and that was a resounding "NO"
    That's fine, I'm OK with the Kumho.
    Last edited by HayRog; 02-03-2017 at 11:50 AM.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm in the central valley

I am in the central valley "Linden"
    I think you missed a few, Lodi, CA,-Elk Grove, CA,- Sacramento, CA- Modesto, CA
    and more.

Spyder Garage

Whittier is no longer selling Can-Am.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black