Spyder Garage

Default 2017 F3S Daytona

Does the 2017 F3 Daytona 500 have the upgraded sway bar and links already incorporated into its design, if not would it be worth the extra cost to have the baja ron sway bar and links installed.
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

Well, the Can am Spyder Triple Black online cost $23,549 compared to the 2016 Can-am Spyder F3-S is $21149 that is a $2400 difference. Between the two is that the Can-am Spyder Triple Black has the Black chrome rims. There is no difference unless someone on this site can tell me the difference?

Now the Can-am Spyder F3-S is $21,149 vs Can-am Spyder Daytona is $22,249 that is a $1100 difference. Can-am Spyder Daytona has the mono seat cowl $359 (Which you need to ask for), super sport grille, drag bar, and guage spoiler. The difference is that Can-am Spyder Daytona has no "Fox podium Shocks" on the front. Therefore it is less than the 2016 Can-am Spyder Triple Black. They do not have the Baja Ron Bar or links.

I asked why in one of my dealers, and I was told they didn't know. All, I know is this how the Can-am Spyder production wanted to lower the cost so that anyone can buy the Can-am Spyder. In 2015, assumingly they sold at least 100,000 Can-am Spyders. There are over 7 Billion people world wide. In order to increase profits, they want to sell more. I am not sure how much they sold in 2016. If you ever worked in the Fortune 500 Corporation than you want to sell more units to customers to get a bigger price and try to sell the units at a low retail rate. But than you have to sacrifice less quality parts in order to sell more units. That would be more of a corporation perspective.

Most people would disagree, and some will agree on this if you ever work in the Fortune 500 Corporations.

Spyder Garage

Default No....

Although BRP did beef up the bar sometime back it is still not to the BajaRon level. What the spyders left in production have is good for the normal average ryder and that is their target. Will it help ? you are the only one who can answer that. Do you feel you need more handling ? I would and did ryde thousand miles before I started changing things. It made a world of difference to me because of my ryding style but I did not stop there. your choice....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    Well, the Can am Spyder Triple Black online cost $23,549 compared to the 2016 Can-am Spyder F3-S is $21149 that is a $2400 difference. Between the two is that the Can-am Spyder Triple Black has the Black chrome rims. There is no difference unless someone on this site can tell me the difference?

Now the Can-am Spyder F3-S is $21,149 vs Can-am Spyder Daytona is $22,249 that is a $1100 difference. Can-am Spyder Daytona has the mono seat cowl $359 (Which you need to ask for), super sport grille, drag bar, and guage spoiler. The difference is that Can-am Spyder Daytona has no "Fox podium Shocks" on the front. Therefore it is less than the 2016 Can-am Spyder Triple Black. They do not have the Baja Ron Bar or links.

I asked why in one of my dealers, and I was told they didn't know. All, I know is this how the Can-am Spyder production wanted to lower the cost so that anyone can buy the Can-am Spyder. In 2015, assumingly they sold at least 100,000 Can-am Spyders. There are over 7 Billion people world wide. In order to increase profits, they want to sell more. I am not sure how much they sold in 2016. If you ever worked in the Fortune 500 Corporation than you want to sell more units to customers to get a bigger price and try to sell the units at a low retail rate. But than you have to sacrifice less quality parts in order to sell more units. That would be more of a corporation perspective.

Most people would disagree, and some will agree on this if you ever work in the Fortune 500 Corporations.
    Not quite true the daytona does have gas charge fox podium shocks and you get both the cowl and passenger seat at no extra cost and lets not forget the sports mode feature

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Although BRP did beef up the bar sometime back it is still not to the BajaRon level. What the spyders left in production have is good for the normal average ryder and that is their target. Will it help ? you are the only one who can answer that. Do you feel you need more handling ? I would and did ryde thousand miles before I started changing things. It made a world of difference to me because of my ryding style but I did not stop there. your choice....

Exactly when did BRP beef up the sway bar ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Not quite true the daytona does have gas charge fox podium shocks and you get both the cowl and passenger seat at no extra cost and lets not forget the sports mode feature
    Honestly, they don't have the "Gas Charge Fox Podium Shocks". If you click on the hyperlink --> go scroll to the bottom --> Click Chassis --> Front Shocks and Rear Shocks, it will state SACHS shocks. http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/2017-mo...ytona-500.html

Spyder Garage

Honestly, they don't have the "Gas Charge Fox Podium Shocks". If you click on the hyperlink --> go scroll to the bottom --> Click Chassis --> Front Shocks and Rear Shocks, it will state SACHS shocks. http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/2017-mo...ytona-500.html
    The two Daytona model F3-S I have seen had the Fox shocks like all other F3-S models. Only the F3-T and F3-L come with the SACHS shocks. I have not seen a new 2017 base model, they removed a bunch of stuff from the previous base model when they lowered the price.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

if you go to view pkgs. they say that the daytona includes all the features of the F3S and one of the features of the F3S is the gas charged fox podium shocks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Correction on "...BRP sold 100,000 Spyders in 2015...": they delivered the 100,000th Spyder built but it took them 7 plus production years to so.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Not sure but believe 2013/2014 that's when they changed the frame for the 1330 and may have been the reason..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black