Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rivco Trunk Rack

Has anyone installed one of these? It sounds easy....any tricks or warnings, other than measure twice, drill once.

https://rivcoproducts.com/shop-by-mo..._review_tabbed

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's the biggest one... measure 146 times, and drill once!
    (Starting with an undersized bit, so that you can get the holes in EXACTLY the correct spot!)
    After this ne: just be careful about overloading the rack. The lid of the top trunk isn't really designed for carrying much, and it's better to be cautious!
    Good Luck; we're gonna need pictures of the results!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Just ordered one Monday chrome
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by southjerseyrider View Post
    Has anyone installed one of these? It sounds easy....any tricks or warnings, other than measure twice, drill once.

https://rivcoproducts.com/shop-by-mo..._review_tabbed
    Like you said, measure more than you drill and it's a straightforward install.
    Took me less than a half hour.

Spyder Garage

Default Got the black one

Haven't tried to install yet but I got the black one. Templates and instructions seem pretty straight forward. I am certianly not much of a wrencher but looks doable. I think they recomend a second pair of hands to keep it level and supported. So will have to wait for help.

Out of the box looks good and seems well constructed. I like that it mounts level as opposed to the other one I looked at slanting.

Hope I don't have to cover up mistakes in plastic.

Spyder Garage

Default rack

I would suggest to anyone adding anything that needs to drilled to first cover area with painters tape. Easy to mark holes before drilling.
    Good luck with it!

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I installed the chrome version

Took me less than 1/2 hour, and I'm going to repeat the advice of the people here.

• Measure twice, cut once (or measure 5 or 6 times)
    • Use the template they provide, it worked very well
    • Use plenty of painter's tape anywhere the unit touches while installing. Prevents unnecessary scratches.
    • I elected to place some painter's tape on the inside of the unit where it touches my bike. If I ever remove the rack I'd like to not have places with the paint rubbed off (although I will have 4 holes).
    • Drill small holes, re-measure, drill bigger holes.
    • Make sure the right and left sides are drilled at the same height. I put a laser line level behind the bike so I could ensure they were the same.
    • One last thought. The front of the rack almost touches the trunk, so it's a bit tricky to stick a bungee hook in (I made some that work). If you can raise it even 1/16 or 1/8 inch it might help.

Love the unit. Simple to use, looks great, doesn't cover up my Custom Dynamics high center brake light.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Chrome Rack

Our chrome Rivco rack adds just enough carrying capacity. Use it for 2 rain suits and one cover, freeing up a lot of space in the 4 other storage areas. Chrome looks great on the Circuit Yellow.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bought the black one and installed it in the fall. Very easy to install and very functional.

tip and OverHillAndDale pretty much have it all covered. I used 2 layers of painters tape at the spot where holes were to be drilled to prevent the bit from wandering at all and always use a small bit to start for your pilot hole. I usually use at least 3 sizes of bit and work my way up to the final size. That may be unnecessary but don't want to mess it up.

I think it is a great design.

Gary

Spyder Garage

Check the hand nuts regularly. Lost one

Spyder Garage

Default rivco expandable in black

I love mine. I use it for my pet palace because when I changed the seat to a comfort seat I lost inches..and the pet palace will not fit on seat...fits on luggage rack fine. Maggie weighs 15-16 lbs.