Thread: F3 cornering

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 cornering

I loved the cornering of the RT, but this F3S is a whole 'nuther level of fun. I would of not believed that BRP could raise the WOW factor, but they did. With it's lowered stance, the F3 is even great fun cutting corners around town. What a blast!

Spyder Garage

Default Couldn't agree more....

Couldn't agree more... Coming from a 2011 RSS before purchasing the F3S I was used to whipping the Spyder through turns and grew very comfortable with the handling... The F3 however has taken that to a whole new level. Changing the rider position further aft and lowering the seat height in addition to the suspension and drive train (engine /trans) improvements have turned this machine into a beast. Simply couldn't be more pleased with the ride and confidence in handling that it inspires...

Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't
    mean the circus has left town.
    - George Carlin

Hollywood, Maryland
    2015 F3S, SE-6
    oem backrest, oem saddlebags, F4 Customs windshield, oem fog lights
    2011 RSS, SE-5
    Handlebar Riser, Heat Wraped exhaust, Power ports int./ext., 23" touring windshield, Led brake lighting strips.

2014 RTL , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    I loved the cornering of the RT, but this F3S is a whole 'nuther level of fun. I would of not believed that BRP could raise the WOW factor, but they did. With it's lowered stance, the F3 is even great fun cutting corners around town. What a blast!
    I agree. I had a 2012 RSS and enjoyed the cornering. I test drive the F3-S and never looked back. The acceleration and handling makes it worth the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can Am Spyder F3-S SE6
    2015 F3 , Gray/Black/Orange

Spyder Garage

+4, My F3-s with RonBar and 2-up rear shock is what I call my "sport trike". My Harley Tri Glide is what I call my Barco Lounger.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

+5!! Totally agree that my F3T has really raised the bar of Spyder-fun.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Gotta go with the crowd here, i have owned and loved 4 RT's from basic to limited and none can compare ride and cornering wise to my 16 F3 Limited. Rt had more storage space and comfort for the passenger though.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While I can really appreciate how all of you enjoy the improved cornering capabilities: I still prefer the seating position of my RT!
    But that's why they make different bikes!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    While I can really appreciate how all of you enjoy the improved cornering capabilities: I still prefer the seating position of my RT!
    But that's why they make different bikes!
    C'mon Bob.....that's a hijack.....start your own thread "RT Seating Position"
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Good one!

I had a little trouble with the seating when I first got the Daytona. When I left the dealer it was a 250 mile ryde home. And it was snowing a little and about 35 degrees. At 80 mph that is a little brisk. Tends to make you a little stiff. But I got through it, changed my helmet to a full face modular and got the Blue Ridge Windshield and after about 4k it is all good.
    Funny thing, when I jump on the RT now to do something with it the ryding position seems so restrictive. With the F3 you can stretch out and it is almost like you are using highway bars all the time.

Spyder Garage

The F3 corners Great Even without a Sway Bar Upgrade compared to my 09 GS that was always trying to pitch me Off the side?
    I will add the Rt bar and links in the spring and Maybe the 2 Up shock even though I don't need them!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    The F3 corners Great Even without a Sway Bar Upgrade compared to my 09 GS that was always trying to pitch me Off the side?
    I will add the Rt bar and links in the spring and Maybe the 2 Up shock even though I don't need them!
    I don't want to start another one of those 'do you or don't you need an upgraded sway bar' threads..................buuuuut you will definitely notice an improvement in cornering stance when you make those changes. Probably the best (and lowest cost) mod I've done.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

The F3 corners great in stock form... But what I noticed most upon adding the Ronbar was the stability is adds on rough/uneven pavement. (Thanks Spyderpops)
    To God Be The Glory!

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice...

Good to see so many happy with their F3's... I'm perfectly happy with my RS ....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default REAL TIRES

after you install REAL TIRES @ all 3 corners, you'll witness another marked improvement.....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    But I was agreeing with you guys...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My F3 corners much better than my RSS did I can dive deeper in the corner and power out cleaner.
    Couldn't be happier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Minister View Post
    The F3 corners great in stock form... But what I noticed most upon adding the Ronbar was the stability is adds on rough/uneven pavement. (Thanks Spyderpops)
    yeah, I agree completely Minister......and rough/uneven pavements are about all we've got out here
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Gotta go with the crowd here, i have owned and loved 4 RT's from basic to limited and none can compare ride and cornering wise to my 16 F3 Limited. Rt had more storage space and comfort for the passenger though.

Cruzr Joe
    Have to agree Joe. Love the handling and acceleration, but I must say it would not be the best fro two up Ryding. We have only done it a couple of times! That's why we kept the RT!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default TIRES

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    after you install REAL TIRES @ all 3 corners, you'll witness another marked improvement.....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

What brand of tires did you switch to?

Spyder Garage

Default TIRES

Quote Originally Posted by cmarsala View Post
    What brand of tires did you switch to?
    KUMHO in the rear, and HANKOOK in the front.....
    however the KUMHO AST is no longer produced... i ordered 6 MICHELIN HYDRO-EDGE 215/60 R15 today.... 1 for my SPYD3R, 1 for a friends, and 4 for my wifes CAMRY.... these also have been discontinued, and i had to order them out of Taunton, MA...
    20160411_150313 (1).jpg 20160411_154943 (1).jpg front HANKOOK

rear KUMHO

next rear tire: MICHELIN HYDRO-EDGE
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    KUMHO in the rear, and HANKOOK in the front.....
    however the KUMHO AST is no longer produced... i ordered 6 MICHELIN HYDRO-EDGE 215/60 R15 today.... 1 for my SPYD3R, 1 for a friends, and 4 for my wifes CAMRY.... these also have been discontinued, and i had to order them out of Taunton, MA...
    20160411_150313 (1).jpg 20160411_154943 (1).jpg front HANKOOK

rear KUMHO

next rear tire: MICHELIN HYDRO-EDGE
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R
    Ihavethesame

I have the same size hydroedge waiting for the F3 to wear out the OEM....