Spyder Garage

Default Warranty on Factory Demo question

I have numerous demos in the past. Looking at a demo at a dealership and they are saying it came from can An as a demo so zero factory warranty. Salesman said any demos I see with warranty were actually dealers stock and so they would have warranty from in service date. I have never heard of such a thing. Anyone know if this is correct?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The units that are factory demo units are not supposed to be sold to the public. They get sent back and destroyed, if I remember correctly.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Factory demos destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    The units that are factory demo units are not supposed to be sold to the public. They get sent back and destroyed, if I remember correctly.
    That is interesting. I have never heard of such a thing. They have 2 and will alllow me to purchase the best warranty but with the cost of that it is not economical to do vs other lower mileage dealer demos I can buy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You may want to confirm this by checking the status with Can-Am (will need vin) Dale

Spyder Garage

Owned dealerships demo units always came with factory warranties from date of sale.
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My Spyder is a demo and I have full factory warranty from the date I purchased it. Not when the dealer put it in service.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All the demos I've ridden at a dealer were from the dealer's stock. But there are factory demos, like they use of the owner events that are never sold. In the US they have Wisc tags (where the US distributor is). I believe SpyderAnn had the use of one after her '13 burned up. It went back for demolition later.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps this is a case of a dealer trying to sell a warranty?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

From the warranty section of the 2016 RT owners guide. I quote "This warranty will be in effect from the date of delivery to the first retail consumer or the date the Roadster is first put into use, whichever occurs first and for the following periods:" As you can see from this statement, the warranty for a production demo unit starts from when it is put into service. There is also a prototype demo unit. As far as I know they are used for testing, shows and dealer display. I have seen one of them. It was registered and had a Wisconsin plate on it. Under the seat it was stamped into the frame "NOT FOR SALE." These go back and are destroyed.

I do not understand a demo unit not having any warranty at all.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Are you sure it's a Demo or prototype big diffrence
    Spyder RT LTD 2018 SE6 ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION( Wife)
    Spyder F3T 2016 LTD Black Special Édition
    French Spyder Forum
    SpyderTeam Rive-Sud MTL

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/spyderteam/
    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/SpyderTeam_ca

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by va2djd View Post
    Are you sure it's a Demo or prototype big diffrence

Exactly... I have a "PROTOTYPE" of an RTL 2013 and BRP according absolutely no warranty to theses Spyders.

If it's a prototype its mark on the sticker under the seat.
    Silver RT Limited SE5 2013

BAJARON Anti-Sway Bar, BAJARON Heim Joints, SPYDERPOPS Bumpskid, SMOOTHSPYDER Belt Tensioner, SENA SM10 Dongle, CORBIN Passenger Armrest w. cupholder, UTOPIA Driver Backrest, SPYDERFLAP Mud Flap, STEBEL Nautilus Air Horn, TRICLED Rear Top LED Bar, TRICLED, 3rd & 4th Brake LED, TRICLED Mirror Turn Signal, TRICLED Tricfenderz LED Strip, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Front Mud Flap LED, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Amber Brightsides, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Red Brightsides, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Fender Tips ...

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought a dealer demo unit 2012 RTL in November of 2012. The factory warranty started the day the dealer put the Spyder out for demo use in March 2012. The reason I know this is when I moved from PA to NV in November of 2014 I thought I could get the BEST warranty when I got here. Went to the dealer to ask about getting the BEST warranty but when he put my VIN in the system it said my factory warranty ran out in August of 2014. The dealer here (Proshop Motorsports and Marine) was able to get BRP to sell me the BEST warranty anyway. Hope this information helps.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Lots of confusion on this subject, at Auto/Truck dealerships cars are used for Demo purposes and or test drives constantly ...... The factory warranty starts at time of sale with what ever the mileage is on the car as the START POINT ...... These cars have never been REGISTERED ....No Title transfer etc. .... No change of ownership etc. .... They are driven with DEALER PLATES which are GENERIC ... meaning to be used by dealer for BUSINESS USE .... Why Can-Am and BRP should operate differently wouldn't make any sense ...... and Patti - Demo Spyders being re-turned to the factory for Demolition ....not happening ....BRP doesn't have that kind of money ..............jmho..... Mike

Sorry
    Mike but cars go by the 'in service' date and zero miles as well. If a dealer puts a vehicle in service as a demo, loaner or internal use and does not report the in service date to the MFG correctly they can get in BIG trouble both with the MFG and the state. Dealerships have been lost over this sort of fraud. It used to be commonplace but has been mostly cleaned up in recent years and the wink wink agreements don't pass under the radar any more.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DEMO

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Sorry
    Mike but cars go by the 'in service' date and zero miles as well. If a dealer puts a vehicle in service as a demo, loaner or internal use and does not report the in service date to the MFG correctly they can get in BIG trouble both with the MFG and the state. Dealerships have been lost over this sort of fraud. It used to be commonplace but has been mostly cleaned up in recent years and the wink wink agreements don't pass under the radar any more.
    Thanks JC, ...... these were my recollections from many years ago ..... Original post deleted for accuracy .... Mike