Thread: RAINGEAR

Spyder Garage

Default RAINGEAR

Back in October I attended a motorcycle show in Orlando, Fl. While there I saw a new and unique rain suit design. If any of you have ever stood in a downpour trying to get you rain pants over a set of boots, you might want to take a look at this new design. Yes I know about plastic bags over the boots, but this beats that by a bunch. ridetribe.net is the link. I just received the one I purchased for my wife. We have not had occasion to test it in a rain yet, but I have never seen any rain suit give better coverage to typical leak points. It goes on very quickly even the first time and water going down your neck? Very unlikely. I have nothing to do with this manufacturer but just wanted to share this info. They just began manufacturing and are a bit slow on delivery, but the product in hand indicates a quality product. My wife's is black with yellow as opposed to the red shown in the pictures.

Spyder Garage

That looks cool. Let us know how it works.
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Default Raingear

Please keep us updated on how it performs; looks like a good idea. Would like to hear from those who purchase about ALL DAY protection from wet. If this will truly give all day in the rain protection then this might be a good alternative to high end gear for those who aren't high mileage riders. At the price point though about three sets purchased would put you in long lasting high end gear.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

It's a new and interesting design but the long zippers would worry me. One minor malfunction in a zipper and the suit is pretty much useless.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scott16119 View Post
    It's a new and interesting design but the long zippers would worry me. One minor malfunction in a zipper and the suit is pretty much useless.
    I agree with your comment as well as the one regarding it being high end gear. What I was told is that they use (if I remember the name correctly) YKK zippers. In addition I bought mine the first morning they were on sale and only paid $100.00.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What a great idea, if this is as waterproof as it is easy, it will be a game changer!

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd also be interested to hear how it does in an all-day ryding situation. I hope you'll report back.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)