Spyder Garage

Default Cell Phone and inter com

I have a 2017 RT Limited with a CB , 2 Can Am wired head sets and am trying to use my cell phone and intercom system . My dealer tells me that you can't have both , you can have either intercom , or cell phone , although when I bought them , they told me that all would work . Any one with experience with this problem ?? meerkat

Spyder Garage

Drop the wired head sets and move over to current bluetooth technology and it will all work fine. Check out the Sena threads.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

You can add a wired harness for your cell phone.

http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/..._Interface_Kit

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Drop the wired head sets and move over to current bluetooth technology and it will all work fine.
    Not if you want to use the BRP CB. There's no BT interface for the BRP CB yet that I know of.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default cell phone interface

I just purchased a 2016 RTS and had the BRP cb and Garmin Zumo installed. I think the Garmin is standard on the LTD. For the cell phone to work you need a "cell phone interface cable". I had the dealer install these items and everything works as advertised using the wired headsets.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Not if you want to use the BRP CB. There's no BT interface for the BRP CB yet that I know of.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    SENA
    interfaces with a Midland CB that is FAR cheaper than the way overpriced BRP unit. It works much better as well.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Wow..... The guy has CB and wired system...
    Let's not try to convert him to Bluetooth as he will lose his CB.

So much bad information here
    Understanding is KEY!

So I posted above how to get the Cell Phone interface cable for use with the Can-Am wired headset setup (which means he has CB).

How about we stick to the question????
    Sheesh....

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Jcthorne; I have an old Midland handheld CB that was/is sold by Aerostich. Do you know if that can work with a Sena unit? If not can you post more details? Thank you.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    SENA
    interfaces with a Midland CB that is FAR cheaper than the way overpriced BRP unit. It works much better as well.
    True, but the OP already has the BRP CB installed.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thanks to all for all the replies . MEERKAT

Spyder Garage

Default Cell phone

As stated by finless, with the CB, entertainment cable, and cell phone cable everything works like you would expect.
    This set-up works on my 2015 RT-S no problems.
    2015 RT-S SE Silver/Black