Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Trailer For Sale

Saw this near Des Moines, Iowa. $1900

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/mcy/5936742589.html

Spyder Garage

But it's not your trailer that's for sale, I take it?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a great price. If I hadn't already bought my Bushtec I'd be all over it. But it looks like it has the round plug, so you'd need an adaptor. I see it also has the water management system installed. I wonder what year it is.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Looks to have the amber turn signal bulbs, so guessing 2010.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Pm sent

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    Pm sent

Joe
    I thought it was posted as a courtesy and not owned by the person that posted it.

You maydo better to contact the seller via the craigslist add.

Spyder Garage

Default Ad. Deleted

Come on, you all should know you can't wait 2 days on a 622 trailer.......

Poof, the ad has been deleted.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Come on, you all should know you can't wait 2 days on a 622 trailer.......

Poof, the ad has been deleted.
    Typically they go quick unless way overpriced.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    That's a great price. If I hadn't already bought my Bushtec I'd be all over it. But it looks like it has the round plug, so you'd need an adaptor. I see it also has the water management system installed. I wonder what year it is.
    What is a water management system?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Water management system

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    What is a water management system?

It's a tray that gets installed inside between where the hoods open up on the 622 trailer to catch rain water from running into the trailer when you open the hoods.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you!!! We purchased that trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Mine's brown

Recently purchased a brown 622 from near Taylor Ridge. My Spyder is a red and black RT, so will be having it painted black this spring. My painter found a Toyota color that is very close. Yeah, wish mine was black too. I live so of Monmouth so may see you around some day. How's the dealer in the Quad cities?

Ride safe, Coke
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK

Spyder Garage

Yep it is sold. I was supposed to get a call from the owner yesterday morning, and got no call. I just hate it when people can't at least be decent enough to let you know what is going on. You got a nice deal.
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    Yep it is sold. I was supposed to get a call from the owner yesterday morning, and got no call. I just hate it when people can't at least be decent enough to let you know what is going on. You got a nice deal.
    Not wanting sound nasty, and it is no fun losing out, did you send the guy via PayPal a respectable amount of money to show you were serious and work out that you would finalize the transaction in person.

I found our RT622 in NH, after talking with him, explaining I was some 1500 miles away, he may have thought I was joking and not serious. Within minutes, I sent him a deposit of the amount he requested. My Dad picked up the trailer a couple weeks later when timing was good for both of them. He got the rest of the asking price in cash, and worked with me on all documents and even let me borrow his key so I could swap locks and return his lock in case he ever sold his Spyder.

If the seller did take a deposit and then stiff you, then yes that is wrong.

Spyder Garage

Default Must be something about New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Not wanting sound nasty, and it is no fun losing out, did you send the guy via PayPal a respectable amount of money to show you were serious and work out that you would finalize the transaction in person.

I found our RT622 in NH, after talking with him, explaining I was some 1500 miles away, he may have thought I was joking and not serious. Within minutes, I sent him a deposit of the amount he requested. My Dad picked up the trailer a couple weeks later when timing was good for both of them. He got the rest of the asking price in cash, and worked with me on all documents and even let me borrow his key so I could swap locks and return his lock in case he ever sold his Spyder.

I had the exact same thing happen. Found a used 622 in New Hamaphire on a Thursday. Called the owner, and said I'm leaving now will be there tomorrow mid morning. He couldn't have been nicer about not selling as I was on my way. He even knocked 300 off the asking price. Brought back the next day and had our local vocational school repaint it as a class project. Came out very nice and the kids got some excellent real world experience working on Tri coating and fiberglass.They only charged for materials which was $300.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I didn't think it would last long on the market.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I mentioned to him the night before that I would be happy sending him a Paypal deposit. He had told me that someone was coming to look at it the next day, but yes it was still available for purchase. I told him I would take it, and could send him deposit, he said , no that was okay, he was going to try to get ahold of the party that was supposed to come look at it. I called him at 9m that night, and told him that I had an appointment the next morning to get a trailer hitch put on my mini van for the sole purpose of coming to get the trailer. This was going to cost another $360. just for getting trailer. He asked if it would be ok if he waited till morning to hear back from other party, which hadn't replied back, of which I replied, that was okay, but I needed to know by 9am his time, because of the time difference, for getting the hitch installed.
    My problem is, he didn't have the decency to call me, text me, or anything, and let me know he had went ahead and sold it. Now, if I had kept that appointment, spent $360. on a hitch that I didn't need , and found out that the trailer had already sold , wouldn't most people be P.O.ed?
    Not angry about someone else getting it, just the way the seller treated me.

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post

Spyder Garage

Default That sucks

I mentioned to him the night before that I would be happy sending him a Paypal deposit. He had told me that someone was coming to look at it the next day, but yes it was still available for purchase. I told him I would take it, and could send him deposit, he said , no that was okay, he was going to try to get ahold of the party that was supposed to come look at it. I called him at 9m that night, and told him that I had an appointment the next morning to get a trailer hitch put on my mini van for the sole purpose of coming to get the trailer. This was going to cost another $360. just for getting trailer. He asked if it would be ok if he waited till morning to hear back from other party, which hadn't replied back, of which I replied, that was okay, but I needed to know by 9am his time, because of the time difference, for getting the hitch installed.
    My problem is, he didn't have the decency to call me, text me, or anything, and let me know he had went ahead and sold it. Now, if I had kept that appointment, spent $360. on a hitch that I didn't need , and found out that the trailer had already sold , wouldn't most people be P.O.ed?
    Yes, I too would be a bit bent. Have you found one yet since then or are you still looking?
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Whenever I'm selling something, I figure the first person to show up with the cash will buy it. But the seller should have let you send a PayPal payment, at least. He probably thought the bird in the hand was better.

JMHO

I once sold a piano and realized I had severely underpriced it when I had so many people call. One buyer was going to come that afternoon and another wanted to come that morning. So I called the first one and let them know that whoever got there first with cash would get it.
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 01-01-2017 at 10:20 AM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have found with larger purchased people don't use Paypal as the fees can get up there..Or some don't like electronic services at all and want a check or cash only

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by guzzihack View Post
    Recently purchased a brown 622 from near Taylor Ridge. My Spyder is a red and black RT, so will be having it painted black this spring. My painter found a Toyota color that is very close. Yeah, wish mine was black too. I live so of Monmouth so may see you around some day. How's the dealer in the Quad cities?

Ride safe, Coke
    That would be cool!

Spyder Garage

That just went down the last two days, so no, still looking.

Yes, I too would be a bit bent. Have you found one yet since then or are you still looking?

Spyder Garage

Default I'll keep an eye out for you too.

That just went down the last two days, so no, still looking.
    Ill drop you a pm if I see one. Don't hesitate to email if you find anything on the east coast. I'd be happy to pick up or get your deposit down so you don't lose out.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Yes, he should have let you know.

Spyder Garage

Thank you very much. I am checking daily the nationwide craigslist, but not sure there is a better place or website to check.

Ill drop you a pm if I see one. Don't hesitate to email if you find anything on the east coast. I'd be happy to pick up or get your deposit down so you don't lose out.