Thread: 2014 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT Limited

Where is fuel filter located ??? I changed air filter today on left side but couldn't find location of fuel filter. Watched Doc Humphreys video but didn't do any good. I have 23k on my Spyder.

Spyder Garage

I am still waiting to take delivery of my Spyder. So i can't speak from experience. However, I took a look and there is a YouTube video on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Man Tom View Post
    I am still waiting to take delivery of my Spyder. So i can't speak from experience. However, I took a look and there is a YouTube video on the subject.

Well, I guess the video I saw was Doc Humphreys. Sorry. I'm sure someone in the know will help you.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LOCATING PARTS

Quote Originally Posted by 2loves View Post
    Where is fuel filter located ??? I changed air filter today on left side but couldn't find location of fuel filter. Watched Doc Humphreys video but didn't do any good. I have 23k on my Spyder.
    .........Go to any outside parts suppliers ( PROCALIBER.COM - CheapCycleParts etc ) they have parts fiche's you can look at to see where every part is on any Spyder ........ Mike .............Also they sell the OEM parts for LESS

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2loves View Post

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT Limited

Thanks for all advice on location of fuel filter. By looking at fuel system layout on cheapcycleparts.com i was able to pinpoint location on my Spyder. Will change it out tomorrow. Put on a new K & N air filter today & with new fuel filter hoping for better gas mileage maybe even a bit more power!

Spyder Garage

2014 spyder rt ltd. In replacing fuel filer do you have to depressurize the system?

Spyder Garage

For both 2loves and spyder123: the fuel filter is located behind a frame member on the right side behind the top side panel (the one with the two chrome peg heads). Doc Humphrey's video at his web site shows how to do the job. Things are tight in there though so you will have to cut and replace three zip ties. My fuel filter was held in place by a band clamp with a Torx head bolt and acorn nut with the nut facing outboard. As a result I had to do a bunch of wiggling and turning of the filter so I could get a Torx bit into the bolt because it turned when I tried to loosen the acorn nut. You do not have to depressurize the fuel system as the service manual says. I let my Spyder sit overnight after a ride and there was no pressure on the system. Fuel will drain out of the filter though so you do want a couple of catch raags available as Doc says in the video. If you are going to use the Oetiker clamps that are OEM you do need special pliers and the clamps will come with the filter if you get a "fuel filter assembly", PN219800056. I bought a pair of Knipex 10 99 i220 pliers from amazon.com for $24 and change. What the hell, I guy can always use another tool! If you are going to use US fuel injector hose clamps as Doc shows you need only the fuel filter, PN709000100. It isn't a hard job, just a bit time consuming the first time.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default thanks

thanks jay bros