Spyder Garage

Default driver less cars

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ? UBER was trying out driver less in California, but the state is demanding some sort of tax on them, so they pulled their cars out. now a few companies are going to try them out in Arizona, being they will accept them saying that even thou they are operated by a remote gps that they are still not driver less because there is a person in them for any problem that might happen.

i personally don't see a need for them, and think they might be unsafe to be on any roads. the first remote operation i ever saw was in a building back in the 80's. it was a mail cart, and the company painted a colorless paint on the floors and rugs, and the mail cart would follow the route making pre programed stops for people to pick up their mail. then when i did a job in the new NEW YORK TIMES BUILDING, in collage point NY, they had all robotic machines to bring the big roles of paper to the printing presses, and other jobs around the building. they way it was done there, was to bury a wire in the concrete floor, and a computer would send signals over the cable, and the computer on the robots would read the signal sent to it, and preform the job it was asked for.

so do you think this will be the wave of the future, or do you think it will die out in time
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They've been around for years...

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I think they are accidents waiting to happen. There is just to much stuff going on for the car sensors to pick up on everything.

I am not a fan.

I will think about some more stuff and come back later.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Autonomous cars are indeed going to be common place in the future. Its good and bad. But not for safety reasons. Even with the limited testing done so far, they are far safer than human drivers. Not accident free, but FAR lower incident rate.

There are issues around licencing, liability and even morality to be solved. Its a big change for our society not to be taken lightly.

But they are NOT going away. In the not too distant future they will dominate delivery and livery services. Will take longer for the personal use model to accept them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it's running on E-85; can it be busted for DWI?

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Sadly....

it is the wave of the future.... will take time so enjoy driving your own self about for they will start banning driver cars form the driverless lanes.... we will still have the unmarked roads and country backroads ...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They will have to pry the steering wheel (& throttle) from my cold, dead, hands!

Commuting would be great for such technology, reduce the mind numbing exercise in futility to what people already sort of accept. All those who take the bus, train, or carpool already know the drill. Get on, relax, get off at your destination.

For personal and pleasure driving, how many kids (and some adults) know how to shift a stick anymore? Myself I'd rather be in control of my own vehicle and decide its path and speed.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

cuzn, let's say you are 80 years old and don't want to give up your independence, would you rather drive or have a
    driverless car drive for you?
    i see people everyday that should not drive, more then 50% either don't know how to use a turn signal or park a car. many
    of these same people should not be allowed for their phone to operate while they are in a car. tesla can open up your garage
    & self park the car then close it all on it's own right now, cars have auto braking, lane changing warnings & prevention. give it
    10 years is what i tell my wife & we Will have self driving cars that safely work. i believe there is much less chance of a self driving
    car not cutting off a biker then one with a retard driver right now.