Spyder Garage

Default Little deceiving???

Got a dehydrator for my wife.
    Was getting ready to wrap it, and noticed this label.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps, "Assembled in the USA, From All Sorts of Parts"; didn't fit...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Not a problem....

As long as the components were from our part of the Globe.... and check the expiraion date on the world globe you use...most of them out there are wrong...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Meh, it just means a component or two is not from the US. Maybe the LCD screen or something. It is near impossible to get all parts for many things purely from the USA.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Spyder Garage

Even Harley has foreign components. And some "foreign" cars are made in the US while some so-called "American" cars are made elsewhere.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Oh, I agree it's difficult to find things entirely made in the USA, but that label definitely Leeds one to believe it's made in the USA. Most wouldn't even read the finer print.

Spyder Garage

That's not the United States of America. USA is a city in Japan.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seriously: back about 50 years' ago, I recall hearing about stuff that was "Made in USA"...
    Only it was supposed to be just a city in Japan!
    Urban legend, or does it exist?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Seriously: back about 50 years' ago, I recall hearing about stuff that was "Made in USA"...
    Only it was supposed to be just a city in Japan!
    Urban legend, or does it exist?
    Google maps shows it to be!

USA japan.JPG

The city exists. Is/was stuff made there and labeled "Made in USA"?
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 12-22-2016 at 10:10 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Google search shows that made in usa, japan is an urban legend.

The product in the OP appears to be properly labeled. It is what the FTC defines as a "qualified" claim in that it is clear that foreign parts are used. But a qualified "made in usa" claim can't be made if only a small percentage of the final product cost consists of US origin or labor. There is room for interpretation and fudging. In order to carry a label "Made in USA" with no qualifications on the label the product must be entirely, or very nearly entirely, made of US origin parts and labor.

Here's the official guidance.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/doc...a-standard.pdf

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...e-usa-standard

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I may be the only that doesn't care that much about where something is made. If I did, I'd probably have a different gf. But, I do understand that if something is mislabeled, I might get upset.

Of course, no foods labeled from China, per the gf because you don't know what they may have included, especially dog food.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I may be the only that doesn't care that much about where something is made. If I did, I'd probably have a different gf. But, I do understand that if something is mislabeled, I might get upset.

Of course, no foods labeled from China, per the gf because you don't know what they may have included, especially dog food.
    Especially sea food.

Spyder Garage

My understanding is that anything that is "made" in any country is essentially assembled in that country. There are very few products that aren't international in nature. That also means that products made in other countries and for other countries are often part American as well. We're part of a bigger world, and while we may the ones wining about globalization, we're also the ones with a substantially large chunk of the global power and resources. I'm not complaining about that, but I do want to add some perspective to the conversation.

Most of us who would prefer something made in the country really aren't willing to pay the substantially higher costs for those products and services.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    My understanding is that anything that is "made" in any country is essentially assembled in that country. There are very few products that aren't international in nature. That also means that products made in other countries and for other countries are often part American as well. We're part of a bigger world, and while we may the ones wining about globalization, we're also the ones with a substantially large chunk of the global power and resources. I'm not complaining about that, but I do want to add some perspective to the conversation.

Most of us who would prefer something made in the country really aren't willing to pay the substantially higher costs for those products and services.
    In the US, Made in, means at least 50% US components and assembled in the US. The rest is just semantics.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)